It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally hitting middle America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I just went down to buy some ammo.

Could not get any.

I am in Wichita Kansas, we have not had a big problem with getting mostly what ever you wanted.

Each store said that several people came in this morning and bought up what was left.

No - 9mm, 380, .22, 10/22, 308, 40, 45, 44, 357, 223, 222, 30-30, 50cal

I got some 12 gauge and .410, but they were almost out also.

I know alot of people are buying this stuff, but from what the stores tell me, they are not getting anything. Most think that there is something going on. They have had heavy times like this before, 9/11 etc. but have always been able to keep things coming.

I think the Govt. is already playing with our supply.
We need a whistle blower to come from someplace and put this right.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've heard rumors that the gov is buying up all the .223 and 9mm, but as I said it is just a rumor.

Went to a shop yesterday; they just got their class 3(Yay!) going to have to go rent a sub machine gun and try it out, ok back on topic; and they won't sell ammo they have had people drive 2 and half hours to come buy some ammo and they turned them away.

It is crazy. There was one place upstate that said they haven't had any problems but then again the area they are at is a big time hunting area so it wouldn't surprise me if most of those people are already sitting pretty.

I'm guessing that you haven't had that much trouble up until very recently.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Walmart can't keep Winchester 9mm on the shelf. The girl who works sporting goods says she can't understand it. She used to order 9mm every 2 months, now she can't get in fast enough. I questioned her a little more, and she said it started around the time of the inauguration.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Surely the logical explanation is that gun owners are just clearing the shelves as stock comes in due to the current situation, or are dealers not having their orders filled ?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If Obama's Government is going to build up a civilian Security Force as big as the military; then he will need to arm them and that takes ammo.
I wonder who's side the gangs will join. Freelance maybe.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yeah I have tried getting 9mm in Arizona and they are almost always sold out. I questioned them as well and they told me ever since inauguration people have been buying it up as soon as it comes in. can't find 7.62 anywhere.

Also having trouble getting 12 guage steel shot. Luckily I had enough to get me by for duck season.

-Kdial1

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Several factors are affecting if you can get ammo or not.

One is the ammunition accountability act.

Another is the soon to be new and worse Assault Weapons ban.

Yet another is the Blair Holt law that is coming.

The AA act will require serialization of the casings and the bullet
itself making ammo more expensive.

The Assault Weapons ban may be drying up ammo as those
ppl stock up for unknown scenarios, I don't really want to think
about that either.

Blair Holt has triggered some buyng too, it is another gun grab law
as well and will make the buying and selling of guns require even
more paperwork.

I'd say look them up and read them and form your own opinions,
but those are the big reasons ppl around me are stocking up
like never before.

It started here as soon as it was announced that Obama had won
back in November.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
we will see tomorrow. I'm gonna go check walmart in Vancouver WA to see what they have left.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Wow.

If you are just figuring out that ammo is SCARCE at best....then you are seriously behind the wagon on this one.

Im just say'n....where you guys been the past 5 months?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bejing
If Obama's Government is going to build up a civilian Security Force as big as the military; then he will need to arm them and that takes ammo.
Freelance maybe.

Of course it takes Ammo, but the Government acquires their supplies through Procurement Contracts. These contracts negotiate the purchase of Equipment, and such, at a wholesale/bulk value directly from the Manufacturer.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Wow.

If you are just figuring out that ammo is SCARCE at best....then you are seriously behind the wagon on this one.

Im just say'n....where you guys been the past 5 months?

haha, been dry around here for at least 5 months...I wish I would have started stocking up BEFORE the inauguration, I started the day after the elections...easily spent a few grand on new guns and a bunch of ammo and reloading supplies. Still got a lot more I need to buy

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Anyone familiar with the 'news' below? No? Why not? Who is looking out for you? You must look out for you from here forward though a collective sense of Liberty may be revisited if the people stand united behind the ideals inherent in the US Constitution and Bill of Rights of which this country was founded on though has been eroded in time to what is on the horizon; world chaos and instability in every sense of the words.

A true revolution can only be accomplished with a collective set of ideals agreed upon by the population as a whole. Any militia, or leader may be compromised therefor, a reformation of the mindset of society is in order here. If you were born a sovereign being, those whom have told you otherwise appear to be close to their End. Their End is a foolish one and will end in disaster for the perpetrators as well as their victims. A new mode of existence will prevail. Will you be an active participant in 'your' new world or leave it in the hand of another to design another 'system' For you. Your instincts alone should tell you when it's time for you to act. Don't forget to 'listen' within and more importantly Act with purpose to action.

HAL TURNER

February 26, 2009
Beijing, China -- Sources at the United States Embassy in Beijing China have just CONFIRMED to me that the United States of America has tendered to China a written agreement which grants to the People's Republic of China, an option to exercise Eminent Domain within the USA, as collateral for China's continued purchase of US Treasury Notes and existing US Currency reserves!

The written agreement was brought to Beijing by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and was formalized and agreed-to during her recent trip to China.

This means that in the event the US Government defaults on its financial obligations to China, the Communist Government of China would be permitted to physically take -- inside the USA -- land, buildings, factories, perhaps even entire cities - to satisfy the financial obligations of the US government.

Put simply, the feds have now actually mortgaged the physical land and property of all citizens and businesses in the United States. They have given to a foreign power, their Constitutional power to "take" all of our property, as actual collateral for continued Chinese funding of US deficit spending and the continued carrying of US national debt.

This is an unimaginable betrayal of every man, woman and child in the USA. An outrage worthy of violent overthrow.

I am endeavoring to obtain images or copies of the actual document but in the interim, several different sources both in the US and in China have CONFIRMED this to me.

More details as they become available. . . . . spread the word ASAP.

-------------- UPDATE 1:40 pm EST

Eminent Domain is the power of government to TAKE private property for public use without the consent of the property owner. Under our Constitution, the government can only "take" when providing "just compensation" for what they've taken.

Who decides what constitutes "just compensation?" The government!

Homeowners who felt the government was not paying them enough for property in past "takings" have filed lawsuits. In absolutely every such case, the value placed upon the property by the government was upheld by the courts.

Our federal government has now granted to China, this power to "take" our homes and businesses in the event the US Gov't defaults on its debts. Let's play this out as a worst case scenario. . . . . .

The US Gov't goes belly-up and China comes in and says, "they owed us $2 Trillion in Treasury Notes and another $2 Trillion in actual cash money which is now worthless. We are taking the entire state of Hawaii and the entire state of California in lieu of this bad debt. "

With the stroke of a Chinese chop stick, Hawaii and California -- all the land and buildings in those states -- are now owned by China.

The "taking" would be a "valid public use" because it was "taken" in payment of the public debt!!!!

China could then turn around and declare the value of all that land to be worth. . . . . I dunno, ten cents on a dollar?

For your $200,000 house, you get a Chinese check for $20,000.

Needless to say, the property owners would go ballistic and demand "just compensation" for what was taken. Who gets to decide what is "just?" China! Don't think you got a fair price for what they took? No problem, sue China.

You'll lose.

People who live in those states and own their land outright, might be able to negotiate with China to "rent" back their own property, as long as the property owner continued to pay all his taxes; but the land and buildings would belong to China!

This is what our own Government has just done to us and it is the single most vile act of betrayal in the history of human existence.

------------- SECOND UPDATE 3:48 PM

In early February nine U.S. States began the process of re-asserting their Sovereignty pursuant to the Ninth and Tenth Amendments to the US Constitution; declaring null and void any actions by Congress that violated the Constitution.

At the time, I wrote about those state efforts (Here) and wondered why so many states were taking-up such an arcane issue in such a seemingly urgent fashion. I guess now, we know why.

The states were obviously privy to what the feds were planning to do with granting Eminent Domain to China. The states took action to make certain the feds couldn't give away cities or the states themselves!

This situation is going to get VERY ugly, VERY fast as one sovereign power (the feds) try to literally give away the land of other sovereign powers, (the states). This is the type of thing that starts Civil War.

Our present federal government makes the treachery and betrayal of Benedict Arnold look like child's play.

Posted by HalTurnerShow.com at 2/26/2009 12:54:00 PM

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Is this really true? I hope not. No wonder all the ammo is being bought up. Too bad I hate guns, I am one without. I do know how to shoot, it just scares me when there are always kids in my house.
Now I think I might have to hurry up and learn to like them, if this is whats going on.
I do have a dagger and some good knives.
My "enlightend meter "just went up another level

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Order ammo online anyone?

It's easy and you can have all you want delivered to your door via UPS.

Even the US government will ship to you direct from the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP)

www.thecmp.org...

I order from Cheaper Than Dirt or Cabelas or any of the catalog sites for popular ammo.

Yes the shops are spotty but the online warehouses are many.

Let us know if you have problems.

0CD

[edit on 21-3-2009 by zerocd]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I've garnered a lot of flak in the past regarding my posts about American gun ownership. I've said for a long time that it's a scam. It's there to lull people in to a false sense of security and the Second Amendment is basically a con - no government in the world would genuinely give and even encourage its people the fire-power to over throw a government. It all sounds great because Americans have been repeatedly fed the idea that America is 'The Land of the Free' with a liberty that far exceeds anywhere else on earth.

I've been called a coward, a liar and even jealous (which appears to be some kind of automated response towards any criticism of anything concerning America).

However, as I've said all along and got flak for it, the idea described in the alleged Yamamoto quote about there being a rifle behind every blade of grass means nothing if the government has vastly superior weaponry (this isn't the 17th C where rifles will take down cannons) and has means to prevent people from using what limited weapons people have anyway. I pointed this out with Katrina where people willingly handed over guns. I've pointed this out with restrictions as to what weapons people could own in the first place and how that any time it looked like people were willing to use them they'd be more restrictions.

It doesn't matter if there's a rifle behind every blade of grass if there's not enough ammunition to actually use them anyway.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm not even from the US and I think that's a bs line of thinking.

What advantages the PTB have are negated by the fact that to bring there overwhelming firepower and technology against the militiamen etc they need to have set battlelines and a clear enemy.
Also there needs to be a logistical supply line to keep troops fighting against an enemy. A lot of soldiers (excluding most SF troops) will be paralysed if the logistics chain is messed with.
The militiafolk and other survivalists will not have such problems

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

I was trying to find a legitimate source for the story regarding China and eminent domain and found this.

World Net Daily

Did Hillary really pledge U.S. homes to China?
State says 'no basis' for claim eminent domain rights offered as collateral for debt Posted:
March 02, 2009 2:56 pm Eastern
By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton departing for Asia Feb. 15 The State Department says there is "no factual basis" to an Internet rumor that went viral over the weekend claiming Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was willing to pledge American homes to China as collateral for Beijing buying U.S. debt.
The rumor, in various versions, claimed Clinton brought with her last month to Beijing a written agreement offering to extend to China the option to exercise eminent domain rights within the U.S. The rights purportedly were offered as collateral for China's continued willingness to purchase additional trillions of dollars in U.S. Treasury debt the Obama administration hopes to sell to finance projected federal budget deficits.
"There is no factual basis or substance to this report," Laura Tischler, a State Department press officer, e-mailed WND in response to an inquiry.
The Little Green Footballs blog traced the story to an unsigned post at LiveLeak.com that claimed an unnamed source at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing had "confirmed" that Clinton brought the agreement with her to China.

Eminent Domain from snopes.com

I do believe we had to offer some type of guarantee but I doubt it was so blatant as eminent domain.

Star and Flag for the OP

[edit on 21-3-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
I'm not even from the US and I think that's a bs line of thinking.

What advantages the PTB have are negated by the fact that to bring there overwhelming firepower and technology against the militiamen etc they need to have set battlelines and a clear enemy.
Also there needs to be a logistical supply line to keep troops fighting against an enemy. A lot of soldiers (excluding most SF troops) will be paralysed if the logistics chain is messed with.
The militiafolk and other survivalists will not have such problems

In past discussions, things like Vietnam were used as an example of how a minority militia could defeat a supposedly superior fire-power* because of the combat environment. What I said then was that America, like a lot of Vietnam, already has a massive infrastructure in place and a massive network transport system. Also, 'The Powers That Be' would also have access to transport that any militia wouldn't have on any real tangible scale such as planes and helicopters to create a supply line. What are people going to be shooting these planes out of the sky with their handguns and limited ammunition?

*not as cut and dried as many think due to support from China &c.

EDIT: anyway, perhaps this is all going too far off-thread.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

Yes, I know parts of the country have had problems, but here we have had none. There has been tons of sales, but we have big guns shows every weekend here. I don't mean a little flea market either.

I went to one two weeks ago and the amount of stuff was thru the roof.
7.62, 50cal whatever you wanted.

There were even AR15's new and used, although by noon on the first day they were cleaned out. Two day show.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Sounds like somebody's git'n ready fur a war.

I didn't know it was in the constitution that the governments must make
sure adequate ammo was on the shelves at all times.

If I were you, I'd be stock'n up on food items or learn to grow your own
Monsanto seeds rather than bullets. And build a Concrete Bunker, not
to protect against Nukyellar Missiles or pesky terrorists but those crazy
neighbors. If Kali-For-Nya is any thing to go by, lots of people will have
plenty of time on their hands to build one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join