It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Apologizes to Special Olympics for Bowling Joke

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
Look, Bush wasn't ridiculed because he hit his head on a door or because he tried to open the wrong door in China... who doesn't do that occasionally? He was ridiculed because almost every time he was in public, he said or did something dumb.

Obama is pushing a very close second and will take the lead soon on saying and doing dumb things in public.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Go create a website then.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

woh now. imagine if Bush said that???? or another republican? this has had 0 coverage in the MSM. keith olbermann brought it up and said, "he was in a social environment, its ok". but blood would be shooting out of his eyes had a republican made the joke. people already see bush as mentally handicapped so it makes it that much greater that it would of been front page of the NYT had a republican said it.

way to go Obama, your party of tolerance and progress makes me laugh at you.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I like Keith O, but you're very correct, my friend.

We did get it over here (UK) though... I think Obama is taken, before anyone has set an agenda about him (apart from the bigots and the McCain/Palin rallies) to take him as down to earth and well intentioned.

This is something you'd joke with your friends about probaby, and Obama got way too comfortable... if this had been Gordon Brown I'd say 'hypocrite' because he's "special" - after being very angry of course!!!

Hypocrasy isn't nice, even when it's on your own side. Though I don't like Olbermanns critics per se, very good point!!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Most everyone is wrong about what the joke was making fun of. He didn't say his bowling was like the special olympics. He was saying everyone clapping and telling him it was good was like people at the special olympics telling the athletes everything they do was good even if it wasn't.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
One word will sum up how I feel about this man. "Moron" what kind of massive tool goes on a show and says something like that that all of America will hear about. I love our freedom of speech but some people shouldn't even be allowed to open their mouthes. regardless of how he might actually feel stupid of him to say something like that out loud or at all even presidents can say the wrong things and I'm glad he apologized but still c'mon.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Beach Bum]

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join