It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama sends video message to Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

It's our job to meddle in the business of other countries because we don't know how to mind our own business. We're not a sustainable country.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

He wants to start WW3? Really? Actually, he said it best when he said "take arms away from the Palestinian terrorists and there will be no war...take arms away from Israel and there will be no Israel".

It is the leader of Iran that wants to make war. He is the one threatening to wipe Israel off the face of the map.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

LoL @ FAT HEAD!!!! Thanks for that.
Hey man, you need to chill out for a second, take a hit of gods flower if you must.
Im glad you are doing ok =) cause you were worrying me there for a little bit.
Im sorry if you cant see through all this BS, I really am.
If the Iranian people buy into this either, they are just as blind.
This whole 'nice guy' stuff really isnt working out well for him right now.
Look, now they have a list of DEMANDS in order to accept our invitation to start over.
DEMANDS>??????? Who is IRAN to DEMAND anything from us??
Obama "tried" to be nice, and they laughed at him, just like most of us knew he would.I doubt they will be playing basketball together soon.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Given the hostile nature the US has shown Iran and most nations in the middle east over the past few decades, is it any wonder Iran isn't immediately trusting what the new president says?

At least the man is trying. That's a heck of allot more than I saw from anyone else over the past couple of decades.

Sure, it won't convert everyone over there to Flag Waving Fans of America, and I don't blame them. We've shown them nothing but irrational hostility with unfounded claims.

The sad part is, most of us westerners are actually swallowing the BS we're being fed.

The inspectors have checked them out, a few times, they're clean.
They're building a power plant, and the fissile material is at about 15-25% refined... which is ideal for a reactor, but about as useful as a brick for making a bomb which requires approximately 90-99% pure.

Last time I checked, it was pretty difficult to launch a power plant at a neighboring country.

And no, before the morons with zero knowledge of physics get in here, nuclear fuel is not weapons grade... not even close.
Comparing nuclear fuel with weapons grade material is like confusing a road flare with a pipe bomb.

If you don't know the difference, keep your fingers off the keyboard before you wind up proving your stupidity.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
You know something, I'll never understand why people dub Obama as the anti-christ and what-not.. look how he tries his best at open dialogue, and an attempt at peaceful resolution. It may not work, but at least he tries.. and everyone can bear witness to that. If this policy of openness and diplomacy continues, then I foresee the next 4-8 years as a time to remember and cherish. Let's just cross our fingers and hope that Israel can learn a thing or two from President Obama.

It's probably because the Anti-christ is supposed to be a real "rockstar" to the people. Everyone is going to love him and he will be, in essence, the best world figure to date. All children will want to be him, all nations will respect him and all women (most) will find him attractive, if not his looks, but his charisma. I mean heck, look at the Obama girl. She knows he's married and she's probably 30 years younger than him, but she's all over the internet singing "I got a crush on Obama" amongst other songs. The Antichrist will (out of nowhere) sit in the newly built temple counterfiet of the original Temple of Solomon and claim he is God. Also he will reneg on a treaty made with Israel and her enemies, and sell her out, after 3 years and then you know, Armageddon.He doesn't have a scar from a bullet on his head, that's a good thing, as this is one of the requirements, well at least, a 'head wound',from something. He just seems like one of those 'too good to be true' Presidents to some people right now. It is, of course, in comparison to Bush and what he has just done to our country, so some feel this is like the roller coaster ride to heighten his popularity with the world so they will beg for his remedies and for a one world monetary system and the "mark of the beast" which of course is a one way ticket to HELL according to the bible and other scriptures (so IF it is, don't take the mark people). As was the financial rollercoaster from Clinton (high) to bush (hard low)...Bush hits an all time low and drags the world through the mud, now once again we go back to another (high) and Obama looks like a saviour compared to Bush (as would anyone), and it seems the world is ready to take ANYTHING that will halt this world recession He seems like a candidate for Antichrist by comparison.I know I lost my job, but I don't fall for just anything either. As I said he will be perfect in many ways to all, and his speech will mesmerize many. Heck, I am even impressed with his speeches and the way he carries himself and I am looking out for this Antichrist. The perfection of this guy sends chills down my spine because he is a great orator, whoever he is or wherever he comes fromI feel I must be careful, as he will seduce many with his tongue. The Bible also refers to the AC as the 'little horn' that sprang out from the midst of the larger ones and became bigger than they. Isn't this what happened between him and the megalomaniacs Hillary Clinton and 'The Maverick' John McCain? I mean he was a little Illinois senator who no one heard of and out of nowhere he is seemingly bringing all nations together and about to succeed in bringing a one world order and one world monetary system into fruition.I'm not saying Obama is the AC, but just answering your question as to why many might think he is.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by sinister_scarecrow]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

"The United States wants the Islamic Republic of Iran to take its rightful place in the community of nations," he said.

"You have that right - but it comes with real responsibilities, and that place cannot be reached through terror or arms, but rather through peaceful actions that demonstrate the true greatness of the Iranian people and civilisation. And the measure of that greatness is not the capacity to destroy, it is your demonstrated ability to build and create."

Look whose talking! My god, the arrogance and heresy of Obama's message is just sickening.

So far, I have never seen the US administration act responsibly. Does the announcement on Wednesday that the administration has decided to buy it's own debt and therefore unleash unfathomable hyperinflation upon the world sound responsible?

I have never seen the USA act "without" terror or arms. I have never seen the USA respond to another sovereign nation who disagrees with them, "through peaceful actions". To quote the president: "And the measure of that greatness is not the capacity to destroy..." How's that for the pot calling the kettle black?

If you would only practice what you preach Mr. President, 90% of the world's troubles would be solved in an instant.

The NWO has an agenda that is absolutely cast in stone. They have decided that they are going to bomb the ever livin' shyte out of Iran for absolutely no reason. Marks my words, it's going to happen, and for nothing.

This message from Obama has very dark undertones. It is an ultimatum. Jesus Christ, where does this arrogance come from? From the Rothschilds' playbook, that where it comes from. There is no message of peace in this shameless little snippet of drama whose real purpose is to try to paint Obama as the good guy... on the eve of the destruction of yet another innocent nation.

Gotta go. I need to go puke now.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Thank you

I can't believe people, here, off all places are falling for this rot.
For someone who is being honest, seems to be doing a lot of blinking.
I had to make sure, so I watched a few of his weekly addresses, and figured,
that's just how he was made.
then I watched this

www.youtube.com...
(I'm sorry, I can't get the video up)

notice how relaxed he is,,,,that's because he's talking about something, he is
passionate about, even if it is smoke & mirrors, it's still something he loves.

Man, he's eyes must have been stinging, a few times there he forced himself not to blink, only to cause an uncontrollable flurry
I think I'll call him blinky.

Come on America, please don't fall for this, It's another one of those good for the people things to distracted everyone from the facts, just like that Leno thing, a lot of people are only focusing on his silly remark and not some of the things he said.
I can't help but feel that a lot of information I've read in the last few weeks have been for distraction purposes ONLY.

Thanks again common good, this site needs people like you, when I first came to ATS (end of last year, pass word wouldn't work for first account) I saw you as a troll, when in fact you pointed me in the right direction, and I do apologize for that. Don't ever change........

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

This is just a PR stunt. The fact he made such an event of it should tell people as much. He's doing this in order to play up his 'peacemaker' credentials with the people who voted for him. The Iranians don't give a damn what he says and the truth is, I doubt the attitude behind closed doors in DC towards Iran changes one bit, either.

The one real-world effect this will have? It puts the US on the defensive in this dispute. Its a show of weakness that will resound not only in Tehran, but with our enemies around the world.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
The one real-world effect this will have? It puts the US on the defensive in this dispute. Its a show of weakness that will resound not only in Tehran, but with our enemies around the world.

Nonsense... the exact opposite is true... it takes strength and more importantly, confidence to talk to your opponents.

We talked to the Russians and even the Chinese during the height of the cold war to much gain.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

We did talk to the Russians and Chinese, but we didn't air the dirty laundry for the world to see. We mostly did it behind closed doors, which is where these discussions belong.

The US should be willing to negotiate with the Iranians. This was the wrong way to do it and I'm pretty sure that it was intended merely for domestic consumption.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have to say once again we disagree... it is only through openness and honesty that any real and meaningful progress can be made.

It is among other things through secrecy and double dealing that we are in conflict with not just Iran but most of the middle east to begin with.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I agree with you completely. There's only one catch: neither side has shown a consistent interest in being open and honest. As a result of that, the US government should be ensuring that both it and the Iranian government are on the same page before they start trying to change the game, because, if as we've seen, the Iranians say 'screw you', the US just ends up with egg all over its face.

The initial dialogue needs to be established behind closed doors and once there's some type of agreement that establishes improved relations, then you come forward publicly with the Iranians beside you.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I am fairly certain that there is far more going on behind the scenes than either of us know about and that the public statements (both Obama's video and the Iranian dismissal of it) are just fronts.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Considering the Iranian response, I doubt it.

"They are talking of extending a hand to Iran on the occasion of the New Year and they are congratulating the Iranian people," he said. "At the same time, they are accusing [Iran] of terrorism and the manufacturing of nuclear weapons."

Iran's Khameni rebuffs Obama's overture.

This is what happens when both sides are not on the same page.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

That still doesn't mean that there isn't talking on some level going on behind the scenes. We've seen this type of thing before ya know. In fact I would have been greatly surprised if they hadn't rebuffed the overture. They have to make noise for domestic consumption also ya know.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Certainly, some of it is intended for domestic consumption, just as Obama's was. However, given all of the past history as well as the means which Obama used to reach out to Iran (and their mocking response), I suspect there are very little if any real communications occurring behind the scenes.

Neither one of us can prove our case on that grounds, of course...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Don't be so quick to dismiss Khamenei's speech, this is not Ahmadinejad parroting the words of the senior clerics who spoonfeed nonsense into his mouth, Khamenei dictates the country's policies at will.

"We do not have any record of the new U.S. president," he said in a live television broadcast. "We are observing, watching and judging. If you change, we will also change our behavior. If you do not change, we will be the same nation as 30 years ago."

That sounds ominously optimistic and level-headed compared to the nonsense Ahmadinejad was spouting just 2 months ago.

"You were standing against the Iranian people in the past 60 years," Ahmadinejad said in an address in the western region of Khermenshah that was broadcast on state television.

"Those who speak of change must apologise to the Iranian people and try to repair their past bad acts and the crimes they committed against Iran," he said, suggesting it could be a condition for any talks between the archfoes.

www.smh.com.au...

People always seems to be under the illusion that other countries are willing to listen to the US as long as they're being open; irregardless of any past wrongdoings.

And that's exactly the problem here, short-sightedness.

America needs to answer for a lot first, especially regarding Iran. Perhaps even an official apology would be in order here.

The downing of Iran Air Flight 655, actively funding & supporting Iraq against Iran, overthrowing President Mossadegh in 1953 and replacing him with the Shah, supporting the Shah's brutal instruments of repression and widescale economic sanctions... are totally legitimate causes of frustration and anger Iran has with the US.

You can just overlook these things as mere trivialities and then say to Iran "Okay look, can we have a moment now?"

There has to be an effort to actively show Iran that the US is willing to sacrifice something in order to talk with them, that they want this to work.

Not simply that they're willing to chat "whenever you guys get your act together", or in that sort of condescending attitude.

[edit on 22/3/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Over the last 10 years, the Republican agenda of war, lies, death & destruction hasn't worked, so it's nice to see Obama show some real courage and balls by trying to amend relations with Iran. This approach is exactly what the worlds needs and is a step in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Illuminottie

Wow, I mean thank you. Those were some very kind words, and I am glad that I could help in whatever way I did, Im just another voice though (bro/sis?). Question Everything, thats my motto. Im not sure what you meant by Troll, so its all good, I probably was/are. I just get sick of the BS sometimes and ATS gives me a way to vent those frustrations to people that will actually listen(or not). Everything done in our lifetime has meaning behind it, even if it is of the most minor of things. I see this fake Sh*t going on everyday like this video message, and it just makes my observations more real to me that our leaders look at their people as tools to get into a higher position of power or authority to sway the people to their sides. That in itself makes me question their motives, and their ability to govern the world that we all as a world have to live in. Its sad though that people choose to not to pay attention to these things because their lackof cooperation effects all of us not in part but as a whole community. Its kind of like you have one guy in your neighborhood who is doing community watch every night, and nobody in that same neighborhood is willing to help him out not once during the period of the week. If anything, Im glad that there are still some people out there that choose to participate, and I see a lot more of those people comming out every day one by one. I think that the only way to get over this bickering and finger pointing game, is to not only get on a better relation one by one, but to do it as a worldy effort(meaning getting the leaders of every nation together,not just individuals) to fix the problems we face today so we can move onto a better world. But lets face it, there is too much corruptness, too much greed, and too much hate for any of that to happen unless we as a people stand up and demand it. Thats why this stupid left-right bs needs to end, it causes too much hate and that is why we are always left to decide which fear monger we want more.
Much respect to you and anyone who is willing to do service for their community not under force or because they are told to, but to do it because they want to. We need more of that in this world.
Thanks again homie.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
If you think everything about the Obama video message to Iran is fake, then what would you do if you were in his position?

How do you know the Iranian people are laughing at Obama? From the research I've done, they consider it a step in the right direction and the only way things can improve between both countries is through open dialogue.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by kindred]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join