It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Similarities in different Disney cartoons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well there might be a conspiracy hidden somewhere in here. I've seen the subliminal messages in Disney cartoons, and have heard that Disney movies were used for mind control in the MK-ULTRA project.

This video is identical scenes from two different movies. Maybe it has something to do with repitition, secret codes hidden at the same places in different movies... maybe the filmmakers got lazy and copied the EXACT scene from another movie?!?

Here it is:
Disney Similarities

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There's actually at least 5 different movies in there. And the reasons could be as simple as gag recycling to something more sinister I suppose. The identical dancing is weird, but the "1,2, switch" chase scenes (Someone runs off with something, it gets snatched, snatched again, and then someone takes a whack on the head) are a rather popular gag that were used in Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry and other cartoons as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Right I meant each scene was the same scene from 2 different movies.. but i guess there are at least 5 there. But, wasn't this hand drawn at the time? I dont see how the artists could save time if they took the same scene and recycled it.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Maybe they just stuck with what they knew would sell? Who dosen't want to see the princess dance with the prince? I dunno... I liked the Nutty Professor(not the remake!), and those type of wacky Disney movies.(That was a Disney flick right? I remember watching it on the Disney channel late at night once when I was a kid because I couldn't sleep.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
reply to post by eNumbra

Right I meant each scene was the same scene from 2 different movies..

I see, I read that wrong.

But, wasn't this hand drawn at the time? I dont see how the artists could save time if they took the same scene and recycled it.
Like i said it's weird. If they were simply using the old art as a reference one would think there would be more differences. I would however, like to see the full scenes shown side by side, to see how they match up. The way the video is presented, they could have easily been spliced together to look worse than they are.

Perhaps they simply didn't think it would matter. Assuming they weren't being used in any Mind-control experiments and nothing more than entertainment for entertainments sake, it wouldn't matter. Nowadays where this type of thing could easily be done with computers to greatly cut down on production time and artist it could be seen as a sleazy way to pump out product to maximize profit.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The artistry in the Disney cartoons are a marvel. Even being able to transform the scene from one to another is truly ingenious. I don't feel it takes away from the individual movie at all.

All comes down to " so what" and "no big deal".

My children loved them all.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'd probably tend to go with the idea that they were just being lazy.

Looking at the quality of the earlier films and comparing them to the poor drawings in the later films I feel that they lost something over the years. Not just technique, but maybe they ran out of ideas too.

I should say that I've always enjoyed Disney films - the cartoons. I don't know if they had any hidden agenda, but they always seemed to encourage a love of animals which I approve of.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
dear oh dear.!

its not a conspiricy! .. its called formula!.

just think about it, all the filmd in that clip were made around the same time, most likely drew and animated by the same people (or at least done in the same workshop with the same rules), and were all made by the same company.

or course theirs going to be similarities, thats like saying theirs a conspiricy in wrestling because the dudleys done the same .. for instance,.. in september 2000 they made everyone believe that they were going to join the "right to censor" faction, bubbah done a speech, that ended "if being a dudley is wrong, then i dont want to be right"...

he also done the exact same speech at the end of last year, on tna, but diff situation.

no conspiricy, just recycling the good stuff
(sorry i couldnt find vids of the bits im speaking about, im looking as we speak)

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Robin Hood and The Jungle Book were both directed by Wolfgang Reitherman within 6 years of each other.

Both movies remain high points in Disney's lengthy animation history.

The Jungle Book worked (it paid the bills).

Kill two birds with one stone.

Save a buck on animation and reduce the risk of a box office flop.

Ooh-de-lally! Both are great flicks in my book, nice post.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think they were using the same templates for various movies so that they got the dance choreography or complex movements right and also took less time. Instead of doing character drawing and scene choreography or gag by reusing a previous movies scene and changing the visual they got more done. Today with computers they probably do the same thing but use 3d modelling to change the angles so that it's less apparent. I don't remember the release dates for all those movies, but most of them are pretty old, and probably all of them predate computer animation or computer storyboarding.

As for the Disney being 'evil' conspiracy arc, that's a whole other thread I suppose, but there is no apparent indication that this practice is directly related to that hypothesis I think.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The same artists, animators, director, and company reusing the same choreography, or sinister conspiracy?

Honestly, people.

It's not like you hear a lot of people calling them on it, so clearly being lazy wasn't a problem.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   

top topics

join