It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENTERTAINMENT: Kill Bill Vol. 2 Slashes it's way to the Top

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The hotly awaited sequel to Quientin Taratino's blood bath Kill Bill Vol. 1 debuted this past weekend bringing in a nice chunk of change, $25.6 million (US).

The release of the dvd Kill Bill Vol. 1 brought in an additional $47 million (US)

Bill Kills at The Box Office

The first one, or the first half, inspired moral arbiters to tabulate the body count. Sober souls went all tremulous at the prospect of the sequel. Now Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill Vol. 1, which earned $70 million at the domestic box office and $100 million abroad, is joined by Vol. 2--not so much a sequel to the story as the completion of a chapter.

Review

Sweet Revenge: 'Kill Bill: Vol. 2' Is Financial Hit

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Freakin awsome movie. Best i have saw since the first one. Not much blood in this one its a dfferent kinda movie. but this will please any type of mature movie watcher. WIsh i had more thumbs where i can give it more then 2 up

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What you need to remember is that it is part of the first one. Kill Bill Volumes 1 & 2 make up one entire movie, this is like the second act. So you can't really say one was better than the other (I think the entire movie was amazing) I loved the dialogue and how you get insight into who Bill actually is as a person.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
just out of curiousity....
how is this relevant to ATS?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Entertainment is one of the categories for ATSNN. Probably relates more to some of the topics on BTS, but meh, I really enjoyed the movie.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It arrives here on the 22nd!

I cant wait to go see it.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Is that where 'here' is? Cool, wish I was there!

I justed rented Vol.1 -
the movie, to me was a live action anime, with the Lucy Liu character's history being done in actual anime being an awesome touch.
It was violent, but that was the canvass on which the revenge tale was painted.
I really enjoyed that rental & I'll likely buy that DVD.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I myself was just wondering how or why this movie became so anticipated. I noticed it got ALOT of air time prior to release. When one considers the control of the media, not to mention the movie industry, one is forced to examine the movies that are produced and marketed. There will be some that will tell you this is all supply and demand, the classic capitalistic economic THEORY.
Those of us that have studied things know how the world really operates tho.
Now, im not saying that "Kill Bill" has anything to do with anything, im just observing how much advertising was put into it.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
En Boriquen?

Is that where 'here' is? Cool, wish I was there!

Yes BT! Good ol Puerto Rico.

top topics

join