It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "THE HAPPENING" actually Happening now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Short and to the point.
watch the movie "The happening"..people are willingly killing themselves, jumping off of roofs etc..

now look at the news how SO MANY PEOPLE are killing themselves and their family because of their economic issues (which btw is THEIR OWN FAULT).

scene in the happening where on the billboard of a house worth 300kplus it says
"you DESERVE THIS" lol

hmmmm
nice

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJelly

now look at the news how SO MANY PEOPLE are killing themselves and their family because of their economic issues (which btw is THEIR OWN FAULT).

How is it peoples own fault when they take out a mortgage and then lose their job ?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Short and to the point.
watch the movie "The happening"..people are willingly killing themselves, jumping off of roofs etc..

How can anyone relate such a bad movie to the real world. The people in that movie killed themselves because of the trees.

I could get into more detail, but it would be a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

Is it their fault being flim flamed into an adjustable rate mortgage?
Is it their fault when taxes increase to record highs?
Is it their fault when they get hurt but the insurance they pay into won't pay out?

Is there some measure of guilt to pass around? Sure.
Especially when homes are bought for speculative reasons and allowed to go south to show losses.
But as we all know, bankers and the mortgage companies are the most honest and trustworthy people in the world.

[edit on 16/3/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl

Short and to the point.

How can anyone relate such a bad movie to the real world. The people in that movie killed themselves because of the trees.

Well I really don't have to see the movie now

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Well I really don't have to see the movie now

Awww, I'm sorry about that I didn't mean to tell the story. To be honest I wouldn't waste my time seeing it, it's not that good.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I highly doubt that a movie has anything to do with what's currently happening. People commit suicide, and murder suicide all the time. It's just more likely to make the news in times like now. Sure there will be some suicides etc that are related to the current economical climate but as things get better, these will stop again.

Your OP kind of reminds me of an old song by an Australian band called "This Is Serious Mum". The song was called:

"Kill Yourself Now, And Avoid The Rush".

IRM

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Thank you, someone who agrees with me.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This post reminds me of a song....

"Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf,
so save the planet and kill yourself.
If you're feeling down in out
with what your life is all about,
lift your head up high and blow your brains out."

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I wanted to kill myself after sitting through that horrible movie. No, I do not think that we are in any danger from the plants working in collusion with a good breeze. Bad movie. BAD bad movie. My god, it was even worse than Turkish "Star Wars".

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
dudes, it wasnt the trees that made them kill themselves.

or the grass

or even the pretty flowers...

it was their realisation that they had been suckered into doing that absolutely atrocious movie that made them do it

seriously, in the original script, no-one kills themselves. it was all ad libbed once they realised just what they had signed on for

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Is "THE HAPPENING" actually Happening now

Yes. Yes it is. I do believe. Right?

Oh I'm sure now. Are you trying to discuss wether The Happening was prophetic of our current situation? Or are you trying to persuade people to believe that their current situation is their own fault and they should kill themselves? Very strange thread...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Worst movie EVER.
Trying to tie that movie into any kind of conspiracy is beyond ignorant.
(not calling you ignorant, calling the thought of such ignorant).
Oh and did I mention, it was the worst movie ever?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
WEll....let me explain to you all.

1st, the movie is exactly what is happening..sure they cant make the movie EXACtlY like whats happening but hey..thats how its done.

now for teh good stuff.

NO ONE PUT A GUN to your head and told you to take out the LOAN. lol simple

no one forced u to believe that you wont lose your job.

you see..the masses (who are lazy, greedy, and delusional) feel a sense of ENTITLEMENT..
sorry to say but you DONT DESERVE a nice house if you have not saved for YEARS and even then you have to consider what you are buying
you see
the masses LOVE TO BLAME. lol. blame the bank, blame the politician..guess what, NO ONE FORCED YOU TO DO ANYTHING.

so yes it IS THE FAULT of the masses, like it ALWAYS is. NO JOBS?? hmmm, check craigslist..lots of crappy jobs. deliver pizza. oh wait, you FEEL ENTITLED to a BETTER JOB> lol.
NO such thing as a free lunch. all the HIPSTERS thought they would FLIP the house etc.. and make money..yup. NOW THEY ARE ALL PAYING FOR IT. lol. its freaking great.
try to deny the simple logic

and the movie is very good. listen to what they are saying in the movie.
"you must have utter respect and awe for the laws of nature"
the kid tells marky mark "cmon, u have to take responsibility" lol
and so on and so on

oh yea, I forget, we all love to blame the illuminati instead of looking in the mirror

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Short and to the point.

now look at the news how SO MANY PEOPLE are killing themselves and their family because of their economic issues (which btw is THEIR OWN FAULT)....

Aside from your paltry rhetoric, I find great offense in what you just said.

We are fed a certain line, our whole lives. Ever see this?

www.pbs.org...

Affluenza is biggest epidemic this world has ever seen, it is what got us into this mess. And now you throw blame on people who are depressed and committing suicide. Poor taste. Urine-poor taste.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

1st, the movie is exactly what is happening..sure they cant make the movie EXACtlY like whats happening but hey..thats how its done.

now for teh good stuff.

NO ONE PUT A GUN to your head and told you to take out the LOAN. lol simple

no one forced u to believe that you wont lose your job.

you see..the masses (who are lazy, greedy, and delusional) feel a sense of ENTITLEMENT..
sorry to say but you DONT DESERVE a nice house if you have not saved for YEARS and even then you have to consider what you are buying
you see
the masses LOVE TO BLAME. lol. blame the bank, blame the politician..guess what, NO ONE FORCED YOU TO DO ANYTHING.

so yes it IS THE FAULT of the masses, like it ALWAYS is. NO JOBS?? hmmm, check craigslist..lots of crappy jobs. deliver pizza. oh wait, you FEEL ENTITLED to a BETTER JOB> lol.
NO such thing as a free lunch. all the HIPSTERS thought they would FLIP the house etc.. and make money..yup. NOW THEY ARE ALL PAYING FOR IT. lol. its freaking great.
try to deny the simple logic

and the movie is very good. listen to what they are saying in the movie.
"you must have utter respect and awe for the laws of nature"
the kid tells marky mark "cmon, u have to take responsibility" lol
and so on and so on

oh yea, I forget, we all love to blame the illuminati instead of looking in the mirror

All I can say is I hope you are seeing someone about this condition of yours.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
worst movie ever......

how can yopu have an entire movie based on the Wind trying to kill people.....

thats just lazy writting you fiend.....

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJelly

I get it that you are connecting a film to real life, that whole Illuminati-exposure thing/theory or whatever. But they way you so lamely presented it, with a "lol" and poor grammar, all the while blaming and essentially laughing at victims is disgusting. Freedom or expression I am for, because now I know what kind of person you are and will endeavour to avoid you in the future.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I just read this posting after writing my last two replies, and I must say, at minimum, your writing alone subtracts from what point you are trying to make. And that point is that you are, how do I say, ignorant? I mean, I wanted to say something much worse, but this is ATS, a family website. And speaking with families, please ensure it all ends with you. Do not produce any children, please.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl

Short and to the point.

I think what he's trying to say is the premise in general. Actually I think there might be something to the violence happening of late. A possible introduction of an external agent be it drug or some other agent such as a biological that might be causing the tipping over the edge of many.

I saw it several years back, and it seems of late it has returned. We shall see if his premise is validated in the coming months./

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join