It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identify This Weapon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
already seen it, but I want to get a REAL video of this in work.

I have a feeling Raytheons lawsuit is still pending... HA HA... they broke the UN weapons rules.... again....

Microwave weapons break the rules of war!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by XIZTENZ

Anyone read the poor mans ray gun? the book? might have a shot at building one when the time comes.

Try this.

Originally posted by XIZTENZ
you **** around with a microwave... one problem is concentrating the 'beam' as its spread out, anyone got any tips at compressing and directing the energy as such. I know when you have fire inside a microwave it becomes 'plasma' and I want to # around with this and see what I build... so long as the garage doesnt explode.

Use strong ring magnets at the output aperature, a series of them placed one on top of the other will increase that directive field. Just make sure your not next to anything attracted by strong magnets!! (same prinicple as a deflection yoke on a CRT tube)

Neodymium magnets are the prefered choice in this application. (8,000 Gauss each)

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 21-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
early testing:
www.strategypage.com...

and the new F-18E IRST

Heat Sensitivity
March 20, 2009: The U.S. Navy is equipping its F-18E fighters with IRST (Infa-Red Search & Track). IRST uses a high resolution infrared (heat sensing) radar to positively spot and identify a potential aerial target (using a 3-D model of the target in its computer memory.) This is similar to the ATFLIR (Advanced Targeting Forward Looking Infrared) pods used to spot surface targets.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I really want people on here to find out everything you can.

There is currently no known videos of test firings of the weapon, which is a microwave weapon.

I have currently seen prototypes fired.... and they looked cool... this I have no idea what this will look like, it might be lightning or a directed beam, or even just invisible.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
XIZ - I think you're getting confused - PHASR is a laser with dual frequency, one visible for dazzling, one infra-red for heating effects. Although the effect of the IR beam is pain, this is a very different technology to the millimeter-wave ADS "pain beam."

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
it looks like a black version of the xm25 air burst assault rifle but all sterioded out.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I, more often than not, find myself mildly amused by some of the posts here on ATS. So quick to call it extra-terrestrial, alien, NWO, spirit world, unholy alliances, what have you...

I'm kind of sure that the government and it's minions (loose use of the word) are, more than likely, 15 to 20 years ahead of where us civilians are aware.

I'm not, nor have I ever been an investigator, or technician or anything like that. I was just a simple I'___', and never stationed on real secret places. So, I haven't seen too much. I just kind of use my head in other ways than trying to plant everything at the feet of the aliens, or the NWO.

It just could be that the good guys are in better shape than us folks on these controversial sites think they are.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Personnel Halting and Stimulation Response (PHaSR)
The Personnel Halting and Stimulation Response (PHaSR) is a rifle-sized laser weapon system that uses two non-lethal laser wavelengths to deter, prevent, or mitigate an adversary’s effectiveness. The laser light generated by this weapon illuminates or “dazzles” aggressors, temporarily impairing individuals and their ability to see the laser source.

source...the actual kirtland afb website!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Interestingly, some of the press releases mention the IR as well as the dazzler, some do not. And PHaSR is now entirely a police program - the military are looking at bigger and badder IR pain beams -

blog.wired.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join