It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Obama ready to charge wounded vets for their care

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Oh, I've got an idea. How about we take the bonuses from the AIG and banksters bunch and pay for the VA. That'd be more than enough. Obama's talking about doing this to save $540 million. How much have we paid for bonuses thus far???

This just makes me sick!!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
if this doesnt show you how messed up the democrats/obama are nothing will

this is a total and utter disgrace.

we should treat veterans a hell of alot better than this

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
"Obama Vows to Boost Veterans Care" --Friday, October 5, 2007

"As president, I won't stand for hundreds of thousands of veterans waiting for benefits," he told a crowd of about 300 people at a community college in northern Iowa.

Obama said it's not enough to make a speech on Veteran's Day or lay a wreath on Memorial Day.

"When a veteran is denied health care, we're all dishonored,"
he said. "When 400,000 veterans are stuck on a waiting list for claims, we need a new sense of urgency in this country."

He said too many veterans slip through the cracks, and he would institute a zero tolerance policy for veteran homelessness.

"There should be no homeless veterans," he said. "We'll stand with veterans in their hour of need just as they have stood up for us."

Liar.

'nough said.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by loam]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Here, for all the people that agree with Obama, and or don't think Vets deserve free medical after they serve, I've got another angle for you.

The people who support Obama are left-wing liberal peaceniks that don't have any respect for the military or military men and women who fought to keep their freedom, as well as ours. They think that they can hand a flower to a terrorist and the terrorist will lay down his arms, and become a peaceful member of society.
They have nothing but disdain for our brave military personnel.

Well, the rest of us have nothing but disdain for garbage that think like that. The military is the last vestige of honor connected to the government of the United States. The rest of the government has been bought out by those that would destroy this country. I also have nothing but disdain for those government personnel who have put themselves, their banks, their stock brokers, and their MSM tools, in front of the welfare of the United States.

Obama will give free medical care to illegal aliens, but NOT our wounded veterans. I call that treason, and a reason to impeach him.
www.infoplease.com...

Article II, Section 4, which indicates the grounds for impeachment: "the President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Obama will give free medical care to illegal aliens, but NOT our wounded veterans. I call that treason...

To your point:

Barack Obama, the senatorial candidate of 2004, might have a bone to pick with Barack Obama, the presidential candidate of 2008.

Videotapes of debates and speeches that were obtained by The Washington Times show that Mr. Obama took positions during his Senate campaign on nearly a half-dozen issues ranging from the Cuba embargo to health care for illegal aliens that conflict with statements that he has made during his run for the White House.

Link.

And:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Totally agree with you 100%!

2nd line

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I am totally against socialized medicine. I am totally against the illegal aliens he proposes US, that would be you and me or the United states, which would be us paying for their medical care.

I think this is the EPITOME of obama, screw those who work, screw those who earn the benefits and give it to the worthless who don't do crap.

This disgusts me. I had hoped I was wrong about Obama, but, I have yet to see a single policy or thing he does that would make me change my mind.

These people put their lives on the line daily so we can sit in our homes happy and smug and safe. Then we want to make THEM pay for the privilege of it? Please. People, wake up and smell the coffee. The man is scary.

He is going to make Bush look like a brainchild

[edit on 3/16/2009 by llpoolej]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by j2000

Here, for all the people that agree with Obama, and or don't think Vets deserve free medical after they serve, I've got another angle for you.

The people who support Obama are left-wing liberal peaceniks that don't have any respect for the military or military men and women who fought to keep their freedom, as well as ours. They think that they can hand a flower to a terrorist and the terrorist will lay down his arms, and become a peaceful member of society.
They have nothing but disdain for our brave military personnel.

Well, the rest of us have nothing but disdain for garbage that think like that. The military is the last vestige of honor connected to the government of the United States. The rest of the government has been bought out by those that would destroy this country. I also have nothing but disdain for those government personnel who have put themselves, their banks, their stock brokers, and their MSM tools, in front of the welfare of the United States.

Obama will give free medical care to illegal aliens, but NOT our wounded veterans. I call that treason, and a reason to impeach him.
www.infoplease.com...

Article II, Section 4, which indicates the grounds for impeachment: "the President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

i want obama gone in a bad way BUT I DONT WANT BIDEN AS PRESIDENT
I DONT WANT PELOSI AS PRESIDENT EITHER.

we are stuck with the incompet obama for another 3 and half years

FYI: the 2012 election will be the most ugly,dirty trick,everything but the kitchen sink thrown election that the usa has ever had year to date.
in 50 days obama has given so much ammunition and continues to give that republicans can use to get back into power.

i hope next time common sense will prevail in this country

[edit on 16-3-2009 by neo67]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Anyone else thinking about creating a new capital and simply voiding out DC, bringing back the glory the US of A once had?

I nominate Ron Paul for president of the new capital.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
Anyone else thinking about creating a new capital and simply voiding out DC, bringing back the glory the US of A once had?

I nominate Ron Paul for president of the new capital.

i say move it back to phildelphia when it was there we were on the right track

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

i hope next time common sense will prevail in this country

It will take more than common sense. In order for a third party to have a chance, election, primary, and TV debate laws and rules have to be changed so that third parties have equl footing with the Tweedledee and Tweedledum parties. I can't see that happening in any peaceful manner.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Obama with this and the Democrats and Republicans still covering up the true health problems of the agent orange vets and the Gulf War l and ll vets.

Its looking more and more like its time for the US veterans to form a political party.

Some of us are working on it.

All we need is the money to go to all the veterans hospitals to recruit veterans to start it.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
re-post from other thread.

This is one of the many reasons I did not vote for Obama.
The govt should be taking care of the military veterans any and every which way they can, its EVIL to not provide the veterans with such essentials that were created in the first place by the very same people who sent our boys to fight in their wars. I am disgusted in our president, he needs to get his Harvard head out of his Harvard ass and do something for our men and women who bleed for the very things that he preaches about. HONOR. Where is his Honor?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
we're all pissed off about this but

congress gets treated better than our military do you think our congressmen have to deal with red tape or any other bs that vets have to deal with ??? no.

that is the biggest shame of our politcians.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by neo67]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
A veteran party would be very popular, despite any propaganda thrown at them, it's our brothers and sisters, sons and daughters that would be campaigning against the administration.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by Valhall
The OP should not change his title.

Ditto.

It should NOT be changed.

Obama people crack me up. :shk:

[edit on 16-3-2009 by loam]

Has nothing to do with my views on Obama. I'm not really in favor of it either. But I read the story and I can't find any link to the soldiers having to pay for it themselves. Obama wants to collect the costs directly from their private companies. So basically they get treated by vet system and then the vet system sends a bill to the private insurer. I still don't see whereit says that a vet has to pay or that he has to have private insurance to be treated. That is why the title is misleading. It is a fight between the insurers and the Vet. administration. It is not between the Vet and the soldiers.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This thread right here shows one of the major things wrong with America. I just get so sickof it. You all show outrage but you are outraged about the wrong thing. Obama does not desire to take away anything from the American veteran. He is just trying to get the private insurance companies, which the soldier obviously paid into, to take on some of the costs. I personally don't even agree. The insurers shouldonly pick up costs of treatment sthat aren't due to service.

Quit turning things to fit your needs, If you argue against this it should be an argument against making insurance companies pay for veterans treatment. There is absolutely nothing in this proposal or article which says the vets will have to pay or that they won't recieve the promised care. You all created that angle.

Quit denying denying ignorance.

A moderators voice confirming the content of articles such as these these would go a long way towards stopping these false conversations.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry that you disagree with most of us on this topic, but many of us are looking at the big picture.

It's your right to voice out, but your wrong to announce your standing as "correct" for everyone's situation.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Yes, that's right, here in America our business and banking criminals get trillion dollar bailouts while our vets (who the government already treat like crap) have to pay for their own treatment.

When the SHTF the PTB are going to want the military on their side so why make this move? It honestly doesn't make much sense, unless the PTB are trying to force a rebellion or something...

This move will definitely rile some people up, and rightfully so, its angering and quite puzzling, why would they do this

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There is a reason why the majority of the Military voted Republican.

We either remember Clinton or heard from those who had served under him.

Now we have another Democrat President who is going to turn his back on us.

8 years until retirement.

I think I can

I think I can

I think I can..................

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join