It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I.G. Reveals Biggest Beneficiaries of Its Rescue

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

A.I.G. Reveals Biggest Beneficiaries of Its Rescue

dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com

Update | 6:23 p.m. The American International Group on Sunday released the names of financial institutions that benefited last fall when the Federal Reserve saved it from collapse with an $85 billion rescue loan and then 3 subsequent bailouts.
As the mortgages underlying the credit default swap agreements decayed, A.I.G. was required to post collateral to its counterparties. By September, the firm warned that it would run out of money, prompting the government to swoop in with its initial $85 billion loan. That money was used to post collateral to counterparties, including France’s Société Générale, Germany’s Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs.

All told, the posting of collateral for the swap agreements cost $22.4 billion, A.I.G. said. The money was paid to the counterparties between Sept. 16 and Dec. 31.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Please Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Do Not Sensationalize The Headline

[edit on 3/15/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
How does it feel america?

How does it feel to be ripped off over and over again?

How does it feel to have bailout money taken from you and SENT OUT OF THE COUNTRY???

THis is bonuses they are giving out are nothing compared to this...AT LEAST THAT MONEY IS STAYING IN THE COUNTRY!!!

Boy does this make me hot!!!

dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here is the list of counterparties..www.scribd.com...

[edit on 15-3-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 3/15/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Show more patriotism man

Be a patriot, support the decisions of your elected officials.

I'm sure it's in your best interest that they are doing this.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It feels like what it is...

A slap in the face to the hard working people of the U.S. who pay thier taxes and are getting the raw deal.

They literally are mocking us at this point!

Our system of Govenment and the Federal Reserve...it is all one
giant ponzi scheme!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I sure hope that was some sarcasm right there MA.
Wish I could say I found this surprising. I wonder where the tipping point is when people actually stop paying taxes and really take it to these *****.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If the money is not real money, but printed paper then maybe it's better for it to be shovelled out of the US economy.

It if remained in circulation, the value of the US dollar would plummet.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Does anyone wonder where the $62 billion AIG lost in the fourth quarter 2008 went to? I mean, that's the largest corporate quarterly loss in HISTORY. EVER.

These counterparties appear to have been for 3Q08...who are the counterparties for 4Q08? Who did we bail out when the taxpayers gave AIG another $30Billion earlier this month?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Who knows...but the reason the bonus money was released was to take attention away from this...and they know it.

AIG is sending tons of money out of the country...this is flat out STEALING.

And we have our government to thank for it!!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Bailout: We give the Banks our money (401k) to invest. They screw up and loose it all , but still collect their bonuses. We bail them out with more of our money (taxes) so they can loan our money back to us, with interest, and make more profit and bonuses. What's wring with that?

If the Banks didn't loose my money, then I wouldn't have to work so hard and wouldn't know what to do with my free time.

Bail out GM and they send Billions to Brazil for their Auto plant there. Why give the money to american plants that support American worker Taxpayers?

AIG insures against disaster, so we need to give them more money for the disaster they created. Israel needs more US cash and that is where quite a bit of AIG money is going. AIG supports the destruction of Palestinian homes so that nice sweet Israelis can built settlements on Palestinian lands. How Much of AIG bailout is financing Israeli mortgages?

I just cant wait till the Peso has more value than the dollar. I like Mexican food.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

It certainly seems as if the economy will go that way doesn't it? I had a good laugh with your last line, but it's true.

This whole bailout mess is ridiculous, I thought these things were to be regulated and maintained by the government.

This money wasn't just a handout, or atleast it wasn't suppose to be initially.

Good ol' Bankers.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This sums it all up:

Senator Sanders: “Will you tell the American people to whom you lent $2.2 trillion of their dollars?”

Ben Bernanke: “No.”

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
you know something i must address............

and play devils advocate some times in threads

but the U.S taxpayer/consumer has lived with a higher standard of living than many other developed nations in the world.........and particular the "average" person has lived at a higher standard of living than the average person "produces" in this service economy.....Our consumption has pretty much been financed by the Saving's of taxpayers in China and Japan who's leaders continually take their country's export profits (from the stuff their workers make) and invest them ....not into the country or the citizens but into U.S treasury debt (to help keep our intrest rates down and our consumption up) now ALL is not rosey in the u.s because we have a high level of personal debt.....but....we do have a decent standard of living still compared with how other country's taxpayers get the shaft...and the wages they are paid (even though a lot of our jobs have been outsourced) and cheap labor (illegal aliens) is often something cherished by U.S corporations

i mean to put it in perspective...alot of people who are considered lower class.... still live better THAN KINGS 300 years ago...

(hey 1 out of every 100 posts has to look at things from another perspective).

[edit on 15-3-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You don't honestly believe what you just said do you?

second line

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Now I can understand wanted to play devil's advocate.

But all of what you just said, the justification for that is all just a lie developped by them to be spoon fed to the masses.

We have an eternal illusion that we are free here in the West and that we have it better than most people.

Now truthfully we do have it better than third world countries yes, we can eat (well most of us) and are provided with some basic necessities that make our lives easier. However, we are still controlled, lied to and screwed out of money that is HARD worked for in every sense of the word.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Agreed, and good point you bring up with our standard of living.
Although, that can be turned around and pointed backwards in that we buy much of the export goods from them (think wal-mart) so they greatly benefit from that. It is a two edged sword.

And I might be wrong...hope I am wrong...but IMHO our standard of living is going to see an abrubt change...an even more dramatic downturn than we have incurred in the last year.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
One of the problems is that this should be front page news...everywhere.

Where are you MSM?

When in the hell are you going to start reporting this to the public?

They are all freaking corrupt.

It's ridiculous that you have to scour the internet to find news.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Bailout: We give the Banks our money (401k) to invest. They screw up and loose it all , but still collect their bonuses. We bail them out with more of our money (taxes) so they can loan our money back to us, with interest, and make more profit and bonuses. What's wring with that?

This disaster didn't happen by mistake, it was purposefully engineered. The end result: more "state" ownership of private companies.

Bail out GM and they send Billions to Brazil for their Auto plant there. Why give the money to american plants that support American worker Taxpayers?

That would interfere with plans to turn Americans in a service-oriented workforce!

I just cant wait till the Peso has more value than the dollar. I like Mexican food.

Even more than Patron?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
"i mean to put it in perspective...alot of people who are considered lower class.... still live better THAN KINGS 300 years ago..."

I didn't know KINGS were homeless 300 years ago. The standard of living in the USA may be high compared to other nations, however, the quality of life is absolutely atrocious. Unfortunately, you have to live in other countries to realize how crappy middle or lower class life really is in the USA. High crime rate, police state harassment, bogus laws, phony wars on this and that...at the end of the day, who do you think ends up paying for this rubbish?

The American system is designed to screw you if you play by the rules. They see to it that you never get your head above water. Your only purpose is to work like a dog just to pay your bills. Nice life...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
There will come a day the American People will not have the money for bailouts and taxes, I fear that will be the day when the thieves will take all property from land owners.

I also believe this is a test by the Federal Reserve and the rest of the thieves just to see how much money the Americans have, just like the Great Depression. Then they would make a few more 'adjustments' to hurt the American family more by passing these stupid bills.

Just thinking at the top of my mind folks....

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You are all mistaken, we need MORE Bailouts! Not Less.

We should take every Wall Street CEO, Bank Executive, and Insurance Executive, invite them up in a first class seat on a jumbo jet, offer them all the free cocktails and champagne they desire, fly them out over the mid Atlantic, open the door and tell them all to Bail Out!

I volunteer to help push.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join