It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police race to stop Real IRA bomb plot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

Celtic Niall

I'm not advocating a return to violence - read my posts - all I'm doing is merely telling the other side of the argument which is not being heard.

I agree violence is not the answer but as well as CIRA and RIRA being held responsible lets be fair and see the other side too - failure of British army troops to withdraw and leave the PSNI and Northern Government to self rule!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
IRISH are FIGHTERS! Period! They will not be enslaved by the British.
America, Canada, Australia, Europe, New Zealand are all being taken over by the British. Time people wake up and take back their countries.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by count66
reply to post by stumason

This is pure untruth - the British Governments own inquiry found that the British Army Paratroopers fired without provocation on the peaceful march on bloody sunday.

Is this right? Can someone confirm? When I say someone I mean, someone that was actually there.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by RE2505]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wideawake08
America, Canada, Australia, Europe, New Zealand are all being taken over by the British. Time people wake up and take back their countries.

i think your info is a couple of hundred years out of date mate. Our colonies are long gone. if anything we are now being invaded by the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RE2505

Check out on google Lord Savilles enquiry by the British Government

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Celtic Niall

I'm not advocating a return to violence - read my posts - all I'm doing is merely telling the other side of the argument which is not being heard.

I agree violence is not the answer but as well as CIRA and RIRA being held responsible lets be fair and see the other side too - failure of British army troops to withdraw and leave the PSNI and Northern Government to self rule!

I believe that you are indeed advocating a return to violence......you are trying to justify the CIRA and RIRA's actions over the past week by bring up the NI past events, and that is what they are ..PAST EVENTS.

Let the past remain there, and look to the future, a future without violence and killing of ANYONE in NI.

The only thing that these terrorists are doing now is putting innocent Catholic people at grave risk. The Loyalists are still fully armed and waiting in the wings to go active again against the Catholic population.

The British soldiers were not on active duty on the streets on NI, that was what the fight was about in the 70s and 80s...they were an occupying force. NO LONGER!

I am a Catholic, was brought up in North Antrim where we were the minority in Ian Paisley's constituancy, I was, in the past, very republican minded and hated the British forces with a vengence. I moved away from it all in 1995, and gained a different perspective from it all.
Now, I really dont see the point in it all....both sides committed atrocities, but that is not an excuse for tit-for-tat killings, which is what you are advocating.

I do see it from the other side, I used to live it, so I know what I'm saying is true.....and listen good here:

WE THE PEOPLE OF NI DO NOT WISH TO RETURN TO VIOLENCE. TAKE YOUR MURDERING SCUM OUT OF NI AND NEVER THREATEN THE PEACE WE HAVE SO TIRELESSLY BUILT UP OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS.

Do ya get me?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Give me a break - your obviously off on one.

Number one you have stated the whole crux of the argument - that the loyalists never decommissioned and the British Army are still there.

Secondly you are saying that they are my murdering scum - well nowhere did I say that.

If you want peace stand up for the real issues and not mindless surrender - this can be peaceful and is also the means I would advocate.

I'm just pointing out why some hard core republicans would consider a return to violence.

So get real on my posts and climb down off your misguided high horse.

Ireland is my country too!!! so I don't want violence here either.

But if we don't understand the reasons that people are returning to violence then we cannot solve them - protests will not make it go away - you from what you said know that as well as I do!!

[edit on 13-3-2009 by count66]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RE2505

This is pure untruth - the British Governments own inquiry found that the British Army Paratroopers fired without provocation on the peaceful march on bloody sunday.

Is this right? Can someone confirm? When I say someone I mean, someone that was actually there.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by RE2505]

Yes, one inquiry I do remember mentioned that on that fateful day, the soldiers did fire without provocation. There is enough forensic evidence and witness testimony to back this up. I won't go into the details, suffice to say, this was a horrendous event, with many innocents needlessly killed.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Give me a break - your obviously off on one.

Number one you have stated the whole crux of the argument - that the loyalists never decommissioned and the British Army are still there.

So what, no one was fighting? we were all getting along......are you privy to the deals that were done between SF/DUP/Brit and Irish Governments to broker this peace?

Secondly you are saying that they are my murdering scum - well nowhere did I say that.

If you want peace stand up for the real issues and not mindless surrender - this can be peaceful and is also the means I would advocate.

We had peace.....who the **** cares which side said sorry first, or admitted their part in it first? We had peace, we still have....THAT is the bottom line.
It is not about "surrender"...it is about PEACE.

I'm just pointing out why some hard core republicans would consider a return to violence.

And I'm just pointing out what the people of NI think of your reasoning, and theirs.

So get real on my posts and climb down off your misguided high horse.

Ireland is my country too!!!

Well, I ask you this then: Do you want your kids growing up in a warzone (like I and many others did)? Or do you want them to grow up in safety and peace?

[edit on 13-3-2009 by celticniall]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Firstly let me again say I'm putting the other side of the argument! playing devils advocate if you will!

Trying to place myself in the mindset of a RIRA / CIRA member - their agenda is reunification by any means

On that basis let me reply to the first point

1) if you were a hardcore republican who believed in the principles of armed resurrection and signed up to a peace treaty which you believed would led to loyalist as well are republican decommissioning and british army withdrawal would you feel betrayed by the British?? yes!

2) I agree its about peace - but in a peaceful manner is it not right to ask why these issues in the peace agreement have not been addressed and if we are to stop the return to violence what measures should be taken? I think yes!

3) Its not my reasoning for christs sake - get the message - I'm playing devils advocate - you just can't tell some people. By referring to the past in any of my posts it was I think always replying to some english uninformed post.

3) Of course I want my kids to grow up in a peaceful Ireland - I'm 33 - I grew up with all the crap that went on and I don't want to see it again - but how do we solve this then - by addressing the issues which will remove the violence. I'll ask you one question - do you honestly believe that PIRA could not squash this - of course they could - they obviously are really pissed off at the unfulfilling of the peace terms also - no matter how much you want it to be otherwise - the peace has been broken - the question is now how to stop it - by addressing the issues above I believe it will be stopped.

So stop trying to pick a misguided row with me and start trying to understand what I'm trying to do

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
ok, I didn't mean to de-rail this thread.....my apologies.

Back to the point in question: where is this bomb???

Lets hope that it does not lead to another Omagh, nor indeed a Warrington massacre.

I truly hope the security forces find this before it is too late.

Count:

I understand you are just playing devils advocate, and shame on me for taking the bait.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

No worries Celticniall

This is a sensitive topic for all us Irish people.

As for the bomb - this came from the Guardian.

I have been looking through the Irish media and I haven't seen anything but I am away from home for the past few days with work so I haven't seen the printed media.

Just have been looking on the Irish news websites.

I think possibly this is just the tabloids - the guardian basically being one trying to sensationalise.

Its hard to actually know how things will play out.

Its going to be a worrying next few weeks and I think the point you made on the Loyalists is a very very valid one - if they start retaliating then god help us all.

The last ten years will have meant nothing!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by count66

Actually, the latest inquiry hasn't even reported yet, it's due this year. The first enquiry cleared the soldiers, although I'll admit that is widely regarded as a whitewash. What enquiry are you on about that says the soldiers murdered innocent people?

As for your claims that it is "proven that British soldiers bombed the republic", I say show me. Go on, show me some evidence. Not a Sinn Fein website, actual evidence and investigation carried out by the Authorities in Eire.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by count66

British Army troops are going no where. What is the problem with having a few barracks in NI? There are barracks all over the UK and NI is part of the UK. All the watchtowers and forts have been dismantled, the only places that remain are permanent garrison's which you'll find all over the country. What's your problem? They're not "occupying" as it is part of the UK and will remain so.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wideawake08

Enslaved?
No, seriously

America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand were all partly founded by the British in the first place and yet now your raising the charge that they're being taken over?

Also, I love the weird idea that Britain is somehow taking over Europe. You have to be someone with absolutely no understanding of either politics or history. It really doesn't surprise me to see that you're an American. There's also an element of hypocrisy involved here as I can't see a thread or post from you about the influence of American culture on the rest of the world that is leading to an ugly, homogeneous 'mall' mentality where our streets are full of American brands and logos.

My sincere apologies to the American posters on here that are informed when it comes to British and European history and politics.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons
Hell yeah IRA! I know they are some bamofo's, but i am full blooded irish, and i have some cousins still in the IRA, and past uncles who where also in the IRA. The reason i love the IRA is because they don't give empty threats, they do what they say, and mean what they do.

Let me be the first to invite you to take your diseased thinking and your full Irish blood back to Ireland.

On behalf of the US, I apologize to the UK.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Peruvianmonk

There is no such thing as Northern Ireland and never will be.

Ireland will be free - you watch!!

They said the same about the 26 counties and we are now free - within my lifetime the other 6 will return home free of the invaders forever.

Tiocfaidh ar la

While there are Orangemen still living and breathing in Northern Ireland the north will never be united with the south and that's a fact.
Get over it!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Here is a link to the report carried out by the Irish Government which shows that British Army members including members of the UVF were spotted and linked to the bomb in Dublin.

The enquiry was passed on to the British Government for follow up.

That was in apr 2007 - as of yet the British Government have yet to respond.

www.dublinmonaghanbombings.org...

[edit on 16-3-2009 by count66]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by count66

Care to actually give us the link?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Really?

The orangemen who were part of the 26 counties - a significant number I might add at first did not want to be part of the Republic.

Once they got used to the idea they liked it and in fact if you ask the any of the orange lodges south of the border whether the would prefer a return to the union they would say no.

I know this for a fact from a good friend of mine who is a pro united Ireland orange man from the south.

Its unionists like you across the water who better get used to the disintegration of the union.

Scotland within the next 20 years will be independent again. Then the North will be united with the south of Ireland. That will only leave England and Wales.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join