It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Obama be impeached for sheer incompetence?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
For some odd reason, this one didn't post until after I'd written a new one...odd.

[edit on 3/14/2009 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JMasters

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

And since your white man DESTROYED AMERICA! I think it might be a little relevent that the new guy is trying to repair what the last guy did. And of course its about race. You totally ignore that a white man DESTROYED AMERICA and call for the impeachment of a black man for... well he didn't destroy America, whitey did that, so the only reason you have is he's black.

It's about race? Only because you're making it that way. Jsobecky has done no such thing.

I would ask you to go back through this thread, or any others that the OP has made, and show me where he has in those words, or even by implication, said that President Obama should be impeached because he's black.

The OP may be wrong, or he may be right, but he's entitled to his opinion same as you are. For you to imply, or outright accuse, he's a racist is unfair.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I always said even before the economic crisis and the 2007 bubble crash that a nation can not survive on consumption alone without its industrial base.

I am not an economist by any stretch of the imagination. But even I can look at the Census and see 20 to 25% of the jobs are government or government derived like lawyers, accountants, teachers... Only 10% actually MAKE anything, that is materially add to the GNP and the rest are Admin, shopkeepers... No Country can survive for very long with much less than 10% of the population carrying the rest. (10% of jobs is NOT 10% of the population)

OBAMA will finish the crash and burn of this country. We need nasty polluting factories, oil drilled, nuclear power, stifling laws repealed and the government slashed to the bone. Since that will not happen we are watching the finally death throes of this once great nation. And David Rockefeller wins the game. (No I am not an Alex Jones fan my info is independent from him since I have only hear of him here.)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I tend to believe, if he faces impeachment when a scandal hits; he won't draw favor like former Pres. Clinton did. He most likely would be impeached.

When the Lewinsky scandal broke, Clinton was saved because of saving embarrassment to the gov't. Whereas, Obama would make a good scape-goat for those who would have control, with Biden being much more passive in his approach.

Within your list, Peace talks with the Taliban would surface, for WHEN the next terrorist event they can't cover occurs. This would lead to 'ineptness' charges, where he would be questioned as to whether or not a good Commander in Chief. And, furthermore, his past of hiding Korans, and declared Muslim ties would sink him.

It all depends on the whims of the Bunker Hill Gang.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Every thing he listed was either BS or something Bush did. So... the only real reason he has is Obama is black. He wants Obama impeached because Bush destroyed America, yeah, makes sense. He wants Obama impeached because instead of invading and murdering US troops Obama wants to use diplomacy, that doesn't make sense. What does make sense? He hates Obama because he's black.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I disagree with the OP as well and don't understand why he's calling for impeachment. It's clear his motives are political ideology rather then racism. He states all his reasons in the opening of this thread none involving race. The OP may be black, if so does that make you change your mind? There are some black Republicans who don't agree with President Obama, does that make them racist?

Edited to add: His reasoning beyond wanting this impeachment may be caused from misinformation relayed to him or disinformation he read.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by TheHunted]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHunted

It wouldn't. WHite people can hate other white people. I note the Irish and British conflict, or French and British. Or America and England back before we were all friends. And he might just hate Obama because he's a billion timed more successful then he will ever be. Its still pure ignorant hate. No basis in facts or reality. Like the reality his man Bush destroyed America and Obama has to fix it. Bush smashed the car in to a tree, Obama is trying to fix the body work, and JSO is screaming for Obama to be fired because Bush did a ton of damage that will take more then a couple days to fix.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I would never judge you like that for considering diplomacy.

But you would judge Obama.

The problem is, Obama wants to sit down with 'moderate Taliban'. There is no such thing as 'moderate Taliban'.

That's your opinion, so I kinda doubt you really know that. But even if you're right, it's time to face reality and realize that Obama is willing to talk with the enemy. NOT negotiate with them, but open a dialog, see if our assumptions about them are correct, find out what's bothering them, correct any assumptions they have about us, communicate with something other than freaking bombs.

I also agree with Obama's proposal to meet with the Taliban.

I know some people think the place should just be leveled because of the 'lower life-forms' that live there, but these are human beings that absolutely share some of the same qualities that we have. We have to think about our troops that are dying over there. We have to think about how these wars are affecting our economy. There's more to it than, "Let's blow 'em up and git 'er done"!

The whole Afghan war is bound to be a disaster if Obama wants to use Iraq as a model.

On this we can agree.

I am thinking along the terms of withdrawal from Afghanistan and working on protecting our country from the terrorism threat at our borders. Just imagine if we'd put the billions of dollars into our borders and economy instead of into killing people (theirs and ours) in a useless war that leaves us more vulnerable than ever. More of ours have died in Iraq than did on 9/11.

That disaster was of your president's making. It didn't work. Obama deserves a chance to try it his way. And yet you hang on to the idea that Bush was such a great president. Look what he's done!

We can no more bring democracy to Afghanistan then we did to Iraq. They're both totally messed up and without our presence will go back to worse than they were before we invaded.

I highly suggest you watch this 7-minute piece. It's enlightening and gives an interesting point of view. It's Rachel Maddow and her guest Leslie Gelb, who has interesting suggestions about Obama's strategy in Afghanistan.

Video

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I totally agree with you, there are no grounds for impeachment. President Obama took over the worst scenario ever, which was yes, caused by Bush. I just disagree and don't believe he had any racial attentions with his thread. I do believe that our current president if given more the 50 days can correct the mistakes made by the last administration.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's not likely that Obama will be impeached for any reason, but I wish that his wife could be impeached for crimes against fashion.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMasters
so the only reason you have is he's black.

This line of accusation is nothing but racial bating. I have posted with the OP for a few years now, kicking and screaming all the way
and your accusation has no bearing on this discussion. The OP said nothing about race and (knowing the OP as I do) it's likely his disapproval of Obama AND his approval of Bush are on political and policy grounds only. I'm not saying race doesn't enter into it because I don't know. But neither do you. The more likely scenario is that Obama is a Democrat and is disliked for THAT reason.

I suggest other posters ignore this line of accusations because you're only taking the bait that is insignificant and meant to start trouble in a red herring sort of way. If he can make it about race, we don't have to talk about the issues. I'd rather talk about the issues, myself.

Sorry for the off topic post.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I would very strongly suggest that you either prove your silly, and false, aspertions, or withdraw them...
jsobecky is many things, rascist is not one of them. He has his views, you have yours, because you disagree with him does nothing to prove he's rascist in any shape, fashion, or form.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I have to agree. I've been hanging out here with jsobecky for a while and I can assure you, he is far too blinded by politics to ever see the color of a person's skin as a reason to attack them.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

He accuses Obama of all kinds of things. ALmost all of them Bush's fault, and a couple are just pure BS. Now why would he do that? My proof is he is blaming the repairman for some thing Bush did. He absolves the white man of every thing he did and is calling for the black man to be punished for what the white man did.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

If ever I saw a backhanded compliment, that was it...

Beneath the rhetoric, jsobecky does raise some legitimate questions that President Obama needs to answer. At least that's how I see it...and those issues need addressing.

All these interesting spending, where is the money going to come from being the key one to my mind. While I'm not the partisan that jsobecky is, he does raise the proper questions.

We all need to ignore the rhetoric, from both sides, and see if we can't answer them...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Touche', Val.

You haven't lost your touch. That was great!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

You know exactly where the money for all the irresponsible spending has come from and is going to keep coming from, that if, our lenders decide to put a stop to it.

1- Tax payer - Our job is to produce enough taxable income (something that raise in unemployment is killing) to pay for the federal reserve interest on the money been borrowed at the expenses of our unborn children.

2- Our lenders - On the generosity and willingness of our lenders to buy our debt and "keep investing in America the bankrupted nation", that put our national security at risk.

Already China financed our last economical stimulus package budget and Pelosi is already salivating on another stimulus in the near future.

So see is not hard to figure out or learning where the money is coming from.

Still in America the motto coming from our political officials is spend now, worry later

[edit on 14-3-2009 by marg6043]

[edit on 14-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

And the stimulus bill gives money back to the tax payers. It is like, they took it from us and now are giving some of it back. One reason why the GOP had such a problem with it. When a corporation gets welfare its great. When the people get welfare, or their money back, its the devil and BS.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Since that will not happen we are watching the finally death throes of this once great nation. And David Rockefeller wins the game. (No I am not an Alex Jones fan my info is independent from him since I have only hear of him here.)

America has become the hand me down nation to its citizens, is easier for many to wait at home comfortably (if they still have one) for government hand outs that getting out and helping fix the real problems.

But eventually you will see people begging for pollution, drilling and dirty long hours in factories.

I hope that those willing to do that are real Americans not the illegal immigrants because right now they are the ones that will benefit the most from the million jobs that Obama is proposing to create.

When it comes to fixing the infrastructure in the nation.

One more point, so much for infrastructures in the nation when right now states scraping for money are selling our tax payer made toll roads to foreign nations.

So I guess the money to go into many states for infrastructures and the rebuilding of Roads will probably end in the hands of foreigners.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Actually compare to the miserable hand outs given to the American tax payer we have been gouge, strip and raped in order for the Federal Reserve to keep their banking industry afloat.

Actually we should be spitting on the faces of those that think we the people are dumb and stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join