It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad is the economy? Tell us your projection of the economy in the next 2 years.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonking76

I know how I feel. That is the way it should be. Pull your own weight.

There use to be this saying, about chewing the leather. It is what the Native Americans use to do. When the elderly in their tribe started slacking they would give them a piece of leather and if they could chew it then they get to move on with the tribe, if they couldn't chew the leather then they would get left behind.

When it all goes I have a feeling people are going to be in for a rude awakening. I know I will be, just for the simple fact that you can prepare all you want, but there is no substitute for experience.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Your doom is too far out there, as in duration, I don't like that. We are talking this year, as is Karl Denninger "it's-all-over-folks" talk. Thread forthcoming possibly, but keep in mind he did say this:

Civil unrest will break out before the end of the year. The Military and Guard will be called up to try to stop it. They won't be able to. Big cities are at risk of becoming a free-fire death zone. If you live in one, figure out how you can get out and live somewhere else if you detect signs that yours is starting to go "feral"; witness New Orleans after Katrina for how fast, and how bad, it can get.

market-ticker.org...

Get ready for it, soon:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

My bad.

In the next two years, I see the beginnings of a, whats the word, overthrow of the government. The Right and the Left will band together to kick the people out of power. It won't exactly be a revolution though. It will more be the beginnings of a unification for a common cause.

I don't see the Mad Max thing happening until after all social order and complete anarchy has broken loose.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I don't see a Mad Max world unless some massive nuclear warfare happens.

Unless that does happen, there will still be fertile soil. Healthy people/communities. Barter systems. People don't need gasoline if they live in a place where livestock and vegetables can be grown. There will be a lack of flour in places, but cornmeal isn't so bad.

In big cities it could definately get ugly, though.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I see the number of unemployed being down.(because many will have run out of unemployment and will be off the books.)

I see a raise in union employment as the union workers start getting the stimulus jobs going.(the nonunion people will be out of luck)

I see companies cutting wages for everyone to what they payed illegals before the economic down turn.

I see the democrats getting rid of Rush Limbaugh and all the other right wing talk shows just so no one will know how bad of shape the country really is.
(if that happen i see Rush and other right wing talk show host going to off shore pirate radio stations.)
blog.modernmechanix.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

I see many more congressional seats going to the republicans in two years. if the congress votes in new Gun control laws. CO2 taxes. Gas taxes. cigarette taxes. booze taxes ETC TAXES. THE democrats are smart they will not raise INCOME TAXES in the poor or middle classes.
they WILL still get the money from the poor and middle classes as SIN taxes. Everything will be a SIN.
and when the people find out what the bailout is going to cost them in new taxes.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The Govt has an idea how deep this runs, we as citizens have an inkling. Until the derivatives issue is cleared up, and the true nature of the stability of our banks are released we will be in limbo.

The fact that they have made available 500b USD to the FDIC is all telling.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by IntelRetard]

<< 1   >>

join