It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are You Doing Today?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Went to an organic veggie-growing seminar this am although my gardening skills amount to picking flowers.

Am still learning my way around ATS and finding that many are like-minded as well as wise so I'm paying attention.

Also decided to postpone buying a second home,HUGE for me as I worked very hard and planned to live both North and South as I "got older."

Instead,I'm looking at how I can spend time with families in two places by bringing them here to me for as long as possible,I am very rural and have a lot to offer I believe they'd enjoy sharing.

Some convincing will be in order though.

I am also having longer "stop n' chats" with the elderly ranchers out here as they are the "brilliant minds" currently,these guys know how to do EVERYTHING with very little to work with.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I spent Sunday removing about 60 years of crud from an old Winchester Model 60 .22.

Here's a tip for doing this.

First of all you want to avoid any of the paste type carbon removers. I used a product called Kroil (its a oil type rust remover/screw loosener) I would run a patch down the bore and let it sit for a while, then I used a bronze brush (which wasn't too tight). I ran the brush two or three times and then pushed a patch.

I would follow this up with another patch of Kroil...and so forth.

It took many many passes but now it's clean. After shining a light through the bore, I see that the lands are still crisp and the muzzle has no dings.

I'll take it to the range and see if there is still an issue with it shooting left.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I spent part of a train journey listening to two student types (maybe C.Smith?) being overtly disgusted by two big power stations next to the Trent, near Gainsborough.

Then they moved on to discuss the episode of South Park they watched the night before on their electrically powered TV.

Glad I'm not a hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I used my lunch break to look up some first aid sites and print out some usefull stuff.

For tomorrow I have a visit planned to a army-surplus store to pick up some old ammo boxes. If the rubber seals are intact you have a nice watertight container to store seeds and dried food.
And if time permits i'll coat the inside of one of the boxes with some old mousepads so I can store some electronics in a EMP-safe way.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well I did pretty much nothing today. Barely stayed awake when meant to be working. Did the bare minimum to avoid getting my head kicked in. Then got back stumbled across to my bed powered up laptop and wasted time surfing net instead of working. So yeah I am prepared for any sitx. Well actually I do a fair few things that would be useful if all went to hell but I hope it does not because I will never be prepared enough for I am so lazy.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nirgal
I spent part of a train journey listening to two student types (maybe C.Smith?) being overtly disgusted by two big power stations next to the Trent, near Gainsborough.

Then they moved on to discuss the episode of South Park they watched the night before on their electrically powered TV.

Glad I'm not a hypocrite.

Oi, I may be a student, but not that sort of student

Is that power station the one with the 6-7 gigantic cooling towers next to the rail line?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Spent most of the day with my kids. I'm in my "enjoy the now" phase because I think I've been spending so much time preparing that I think I was losing contact with allot of other important things.
In the morning I started some tomato and oregano plants with my wife (living in South America right now so seasons don't really matter that much)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Why is everybody so freakin paranoid today! LOL Jeesh!

Ok I've been preparing in a slow and methodical manor, keeping in mind that time and money are at a premium. I'm also not convinced that situation X is coming. It could just be a really bad resession? So everything i'm doing has dual purpose. Meaning it's not just stockpiling supplies and hanging out here. It's changing my lifestyle.

1. got another dog. that makes two. Better home defense with two but other dog needed a friend.
2. securing and repairing the fence in my backyard. Looks great and will last longer--also provides better defense
3. ordering SAS survival manual. Great survival techniques, fits in my bob--filled with great camping advise.
4. loaded up with camping supplies. Extra tent, sleeping bags, flashlights etc.--great survival necessities but also now i'm fulling stocked for camping! LOL
5. Learning Spanish--good for job security and makes me more employable --will come in handy to talk to roving bands of desperadoes after the borders collapse.
6. working out--fit for life and it's fun. I'm strong and ready to break necks when the SHTF!
7. I'm a 2nd degree blk blt--well that just means I can kick ass! lol
8. home safety stuff like batteries, flash lights, food for three days and water for three days, extra blankets, first aid kits, new tires on the trucks, fire extinquishers, new hand tools, extra buckets. Stuff I need anyways.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm learning to make hard cider and fruit wine. Next I'll learn to make vinegar - all good things!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I would like to learn how to make hard tack.. I think I'll be looking that up!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Looked for a GOOD survival knife.
Bought more organic seeds -
- specifically parsley and cilantro to rid the body of heavy metals -
Researched mobile water filter units.
Printed solar survival ideas -

This is a great idea.
Keep it up.
Share ideas.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hey all. Ya, no ones business really but what the h***.
I'm not paranoid, I'm only stocked up for 1 year! LOL
Listen to you guys. You all sound like you think the SWHTF! LOL
I'm kidding of course. I'm not positive about the future either.

If you are just learning to grow food, be sure to have an organic
pesticide on hand. Little critters can make bad on plants!
If you can pick up a good book on gardening, it will be worth it!
I have been looking into permaculture lately and suggest you
all check it out sometime. Really makes sense for self sufficiency.
Good luck with your plans, I wish you the best.
I think we need to stick together here as well as with our neighbors.

Today I went over the list again and am planning for the season.
Picked up more 12 gauge ammo. Transfered money to local bank.
Speaking of honey, we bought a case on sale! Lasts forever.
Bees are excellent to have too! Good tip CX!

Hey Chris, would ya mind to u2 me the recipe for your "fruit juice"?
Thanks!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well today ( 10th March) I have been waiting for this event to happen that lots of people prophecised was going to happen , but bugger all has happened cept the doomsayers have gone quiet and the thread about the disaster/ attack on the US today has disappeared.

In the last 12 years I have been assured on no less than 4 occasions that an apocalyptic event was going to happen, no one has come true and the doomsayers just disappear.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have taken a big chunk out of the rear wing of someone's Merc with the work's Iveco.

I am now in St. Pancras station killing train time trying to upload my avatar again.

[edit: minor success, although planet Nirgal is a bit teeny]

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Nirgal]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Today, I was reading about compost piles. I know that this is just about the most exciting thing that anyone has ever done.

But, I plan on gardening for the foreseeable future and there's nothing like a big pile of compost for the garden.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am playing with the new toy I got last night. I was impressed with the features and price was decent too. Radio, charger, hand crank, light, siren, etc.

www.etoncorp.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by elston
I am playing with the new toy I got last night. I was impressed with the features and price was decent too. Radio, charger, hand crank, light, siren, etc.

www.etoncorp.com...

Neat I have the FR200 which with the FR150 at the time was the only model available in the UK.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Sorry that you've been let down or dissappointed.
Everyone has freewill, you are not required to go along with anything.
Indeed, people have been predicting the end for thousands of years!
What is different this time is the sheer number of ways it could happen.
Mans ability to destroy himself many times over should make this clear.
Never before has so many problems faced mankind all at the same time.
Ironically, alot of it is his own doing,-or-undoing if I may say so.
We have proven we cannot be trusted to do the right thing for the good of the many. Human nature(devil stuff)prevails on this earth. For now.
Contrary to what everyone on here probably thinks from my avater, I am far from a doom and gloomer. Just a realist aware of the current s*** storm on the horizon. Granted, it may be 50 years from now, but it will catch up to us. We may be delusional if we think technology will somehow save us from our greed, hate and indifference to others not like us.
I was somewhat concerned during Y2K, but I definately am about 2012.
There has only been a couple times I have felt that way. History shows the cuban missle crisis was a close one. I think it is only by grace we are still here. Many serious problems have been averted already. I hope I dont have to list all these problems we face. I already did here:www.abovetopsecret.com...
There are far too many coincidences for this time line.
Thanks for your posts NR and everyone!
P.S. The earth won't be destroyed, only changed.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

For not believing in armeggeddon, you sure are stocking up!

I see you even have the contents of your bob listed in your sig!

Be seriously thankfull if you never need any of it. Seriously.
Anyone who doesn't at least prepare for a dark night once in awhile,
musta never been a boy scout!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

Sorry that you've been let down or dissappointed.
Everyone has freewill, you are not required to go along with anything.
Indeed, people have been predicting the end for thousands of years!
What is different this time is the sheer number of ways it could happen.
Mans ability to destroy himself many times over should make this clear.
Never before has so many problems faced mankind all at the same time.
Ironically, alot of it is his own doing,-or-undoing if I may say so.
We have proven we cannot be trusted to do the right thing for the good of the many. Human nature(devil stuff)prevails on this earth. For now.
Contrary to what everyone on here probably thinks from my avater, I am far from a doom and gloomer. Just a realist aware of the current s*** storm on the horizon. Granted, it may be 50 years from now, but it will catch up to us. We may be delusional if we think technology will somehow save us from our greed, hate and indifference to others not like us.
I was somewhat concerned during Y2K, but I definately am about 2012.
There has only been a couple times I have felt that way. History shows the cuban missle crisis was a close one. I think it is only by grace we are still here. Many serious problems have been averted already. I hope I dont have to list all these problems we face. I already did here:www.abovetopsecret.com...
There are far too many coincidences for this time line.
Thanks for your posts NR and everyone!
P.S. The earth won't be destroyed, only changed.

I think you are misguided in planning for specific events and looking for conspiracies to prepare for, It would be all to easy for you to focus on some crazy forcast and miss the storm of the century or a terrorist attack or level 10 quake etc. In life its ALWAYS the unexpected that comes up and bites your ass, never the subject you are focusing on. I have been a survivalist sionce the 1970s and have not yet seen ANY conspiracy theor come true, but I have seen loads of survivalists come out alive after the Californian Quakes in the 80s and 90s, I read of prepared city types in NYC escaping with their BOBS for Manhattan. We have no control over nature, the government, private industry or mother nature, We do have absolute control over our own lives, thats why we shhould always try to be prepared, but not for a specific incident, Worrying about what Haliburton or AIG are doing serves no purpose, but planning to survive a war or fiscal collapse is good. We need to stop looking for the boogeyman and start preparing for what he does. When we get some twit saying " The Martians or Al Quaeda are going to attack on the 20th of Feb 2009 It is the foolish and the naieve who prepare for that event. WHY Because the attack come come tomorrow instead, Y'see its not the cause we must plan for its the effect. In 1999 when the sheeple were panicing about TEOTWAWKI on Y2K the enlightened had already stocked up with extra kit and backed up their computor files SIX months before. Our role is to prepare and survive, not to forcast and perhaps miss the real diasdter cos we were preoccupied.

Respects NR

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join