It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something odd last night.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Last night I was outside around 6pm EST, with my girlfriend and her little boy. I was letting him play outside for a bit before it got too cold. While we were standing there, I looked up, and across my house, maybe 500 ft high, but waaaay too low for a helicopter , came this object. Keep in mind it was totally daylight outside.

OK, I don't know how else to describe it other than, it was white-grey looking...the front was almost shaped like an egg laying on it's side, and there was like, a straight part coming out of the butt of the egg towards the back. I am no expert at judging size, but this thing was at LEAST as big as a car.....made no noise, had no wings, flew straight north across my house, across a strip job (coal operation) across from my house, and out of sight.

I have never saw anything like this, I looked to see if it was something like a drone, or something looking for the growers, but this thing doesn't look like anything I can find a picture of.

Anyone have a clue? This is the most odd thing I have ever saw, couldn't get to a camera...just stood there in amazement....g/f's little boy asked me what it was, and all I could say was "I have no idea". Definitely scary.

I hope someone can show me some picture and say "was it this?", and make me sleep better!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
www.fas.org...

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look at the pics. Was it that?

I hope I helped.

If not, it sounds like you may have seen an honest to goodness UFO. Grats man.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thank You for your attempt at helping me, but, no sir, that was not it. this thing had NO wings, wasn't "air filled", it looked SOLID....like metal. The front of it, was like the pointy end of an egg..and the back of that egg was connected to the rest of it which was about twice as long as the front...but it was solid, i mean, no break lines, no markings, no wings...just looked like there would be no way for it to be flying.
It was LOW man, and it wasn't like "zooming" fast...just casually stayed its course, never deviated. I have no idea what this thing was, I've never saw anything like it, I cannot believe no one else saw it. I live in eastern KY by the way.

Anyone else have an idea? I'm still stumped as to why no one else saw it, I am going to try to contact the workers on that mine site and see if they saw anything. Here's to hoping someone else was looking at the sky.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I read your description and was thinking I had seen a new UAV somewhere on the internet that may have been close to what you described, and I'm still searching for it, but I just stumbled across this one that I had not seen before.

www.newscientist.com...

Close?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Sorry I couldn't help.

Good luck on your search for answers.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SlinkyDFW

No sir, it wasn't that either. Honestly looked nothing like that.

For lack of a better word, it looked like a spoon, if the spoon was white, and the "eating" part of the spoon was totally encased.

Remember, it had NO wings, no smoke, no sound, no glass, no external attachments, this thing was odd. If I had saw this by myself I wouldn't have even mentioned it. I really don't know what it was.

I really appreciate the help, I'd love to figure out what it was.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well, I'm stumped. I will usually tend to think that most UFO sightings are mostly military projects, UAV's, Black Projects, Surveillance platforms, etc., etc., but this is interesting. Especially since you are in a relatively busy area, militarily speaking.

Your second description is much better detail, and had you said there was some sound coming from it, I would have probably guessed it was a rotorless helicopter or something.

Your reaction to the your girlfirend's little boy is of interest as well. (and his reaction for that matter)

I will continue to search, but I think you may well have witnessed a craft not originating from anywhere around here.....(Earth)

S & F....wish you had a picture.

You should probably go ahead and report this to NUFORC.org and make a report with the local Sheriff or something so there's a record of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
You might also look into reporting this to MUFON as soon as possible as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I agree with you, I would give my car to have had a picture of this thing, I hate having a story with no proof.

So just send a report to NUFORC? I don't have a problem doing that at all.

I will take pictures of the location tonight from my house, got no problem showing where I saw it.

I'm telling you, this thing was NOT a helicopter, was NOT an airplane, was NOT a toy. It was at LEAST the size of a large automobile.

Like I mentioned before, it was heading as close to straight north as I could imagine, 6pm EST, full daylight, plain as day, nothing around at all in the sky besides this. It wasn't a cloud, or a bird, or anything normal.

First time I've ever froze up in my life.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I was searching this website:
ufo-hunt.com...

I think you should take a look at it and see if any of the UFO patterns fit what you saw.

Good Luck!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well, for what it is worth, I posted a report to NUFORC, and also, bittersweet, I looked at those shapes , and it defies them all.

( )===

That is what it looked like, I know it's an ugly pic, but all I have right now.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I did a google search for blimps maybe you saw one of these.

super blimp

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Why didn't you just take a pic of it with your cellphone?

Did anyone else see it?

I would assume you just saw a weird looking bug and your brain processed it wrong. Either that or it was some kind of hallucination. Have you recently started any kind of medication or had you been drinking?

Anyway I'm sure there is a mundane, reasonable explanation.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

Thanks for all the input, but no, wasn't any of those. I will know it if I ever see a picture of it again, but It wasn't "fat " enough to be a blimp....it was solid structured, it looked like some sort of space-age high tech airplane, but nothing I've ever saw before. This thing looked to just defy physics to me. I know I'm from the country, and I know I'm not Mr. Popular here, nor do I want to be, but I'm telling you, this was different.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Did you take note of the wind direction? Sometimes an inflated object can look solid. However if it was conforming to an aerodynamic flight as it sounds from your description i.e. the blunt end forward and the pointy end back against or across the wind then it must be powered. (imagine if you dropped a similar solid shape from height then the blunt end would be forward per the classic ballistic "bomb" shape.)

Good report and interesting sighting. I have no clue.

Would I be right if I suggested the shape was like one of those foam darts that are meant to be thrown? (without the fletching)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWorldReallyIsThatBorin

YES! like a nerf dart or something, except NO WINGS< NO PROTRUSIONS. just....egg in the front, solid tail out the back. It wasn't squared off like some redneck had built it...this thing was high-class.

manganesejolt, yes my g/f and her son were with me, we all three saw it, and No I was sober as can be had only been home from work for about an hour, the sun wasn't in my eyes, and I don't have a cellphone unfortunately. I was too busy trying to figure out what it was, afterwords I thought $*%# I should have gotten my video camera...but I really just stood there dumbfounded. I also have no idea what direction the wind was blowing, but not very hard at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by manganesejolt
Why didn't you just take a pic of it with your cellphone?

I am a bit of a retard in this area too. It would take me about five minutes to start the camera on my mobile. Too old and slow. (me not the phone) If I saw it, it would be long gone by the time I took a photo then I'd probably accidentally delete it.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
OK, this was just a rough draw using GIMP. Couldn't get the egg shape right, but is this closer?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5634d6da9087.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Thanks for trying to help me. If you make the tail shorter, and ALLLLmost as big as the circumference of the egg. The tail was probably about 2x the size of the front. It was not long or flowing, it was short and all compact, one solid structure. I could not see any creases, any 'hard lines"....it was formed, rounded in every place.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by siFtInG

Thanks for your report.

And now that you have reported it to NUFORC; please tell us about any follow up anomalies, such as visits by "unusual" people, Paranormal activity, strange behavior by your GF kid or even your GF, friends mentioning your experience, etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join