It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something odd last night.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Gee, thanks for scaring the heck out of me, i.e. "visits from unusual ppl" etc....

I don't know what to say about it. I just saw it, and thought I should ask/say something. Not trying to make anything mad at me, just want to know what it was.

G/F just kinda said "dunno what that was, but it was wierd."
Last night when we were talking about it I just assumed it was a spy drone/drug drone/something of the sort, but the more I looked for pictures the more I convinced myself this wasn't typical.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Intriguing.

It was heading toward the mine?

Just thinking of reasons a UAV could be used perhaps for mining survey?

My process is to thorough exhaust all the prosaic hypotheses.

Another possibility is amateur rocketry gone wrong. There is a soccer goal post in suburb called Floreat near where I live that still bears the scars of one of my failed efforts years ago. That model flew level about three quarters of a mile across a park, road and then a soccer pitch at about 30 feet before impact. Although you would hear that. (incidentally people in that park may have thought it was a UFO because I can assure you I was long gone before impact.)

For no good reason this is fun to watch.

Top Gear Shuttle Built by Amateur Rocket Makers

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It wasn't like it "shot by"....this thing...was not really going what one would call "airplane fast". It just took it's time n chugged right across the sky...from behind me (obscured by a mountain) across a wide open sky, across the mountaintop removal job across from my house, and on out of sight. It wasn't low enough to be RC controlled, wasn't small, wasn't huge, it looked like it was the size of a big pickup truck, and it just went right on, I don't think it was going 100mph! It was SLOW, almost like it had the cruise control turned on 60mph and just chugging down the road.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by siFtInG
reply to post by whaaa

Gee, thanks for scaring the heck out of me, i.e. "visits from unusual ppl" etc....

Sorry, the line sometime blurs between UFO's and paranormal or supernatural events. It did for me.

Please keep us informed!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Could you possibly do a rough sketch of the thing you saw. Using the basic Paint programme perhaps ?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by big gee

I sure will , if someone will tell me how to upload it here.

*edit to say, I've been trying to draw this thing out in paint, but it's not turning out right, I can't show the angle of what I saw...only what I believe it would have looked like from the side, I saw it from behind, it literally went straight over me, so I saw the front enough above me to see it was round, and then from the rear as it went out of sight. I will take pictures from the exact place I was standing when I get home, and I will draw in it's path. It was not as big as an airplane, not even as big as a civilian helicopter if I had to guess.
When I get home from work, I will try to draw it over top of an actual picture to show you guys.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by siFtInG]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
OK one more try.
This look anything like your pickup truck size thing in the sky?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f172c66e55d1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by siFtInG

"I sure will , if someone will tell me how to upload it here. "

Go to your MemCenter
From the left side select "My Pictures"
That will take you to the Media Centre where you have to sign in using your current user name and password.
Again towards the left side there will be an "upload pictures" button.
Click that and then you will have a screen that allows you to search your hard drive for the pic u want to use.
Once its uploaded, highlight the info in the box labeled "embed in ATS"
copy it, then paste that into your thread comment/reply box.
That info is the address of the picture you uploaded.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Member Name: Star nation of Bellatrix. Former member of League of Orion and this sector’s Headquarters for the former Alliance.
Accepted into the Galactic Federation: Three years ago.

Location: One of brightest stars in Constellation of Orion; it is the bright star found just to the right and above Belt of Orion.

Distance From Earth: Some 112.5 Light Years.

Life Form Type: Major species is Dinoid-Reptoid hybrid. Migrated from Constellation of Sagittarius about 25 million years ago.

Physical Appearance: Very scaly and bony. Upper head is surrounded by large bony crest. Large red or dull yellow eyes (that resemble those of Earth's reptiles) are set forward just above, and to either side of, very small nose. Mouth has thin lips that run from one side of head to the other. Ears are non-existent: only sign of them is extra-smooth, 3-inch (7.62 cm) circle on either side of head and just behind eyes. Skin is scaly like a crocodile, and green, yellow, brown or red in color. Small bony crest runs up middle of the back and is connected to larger crest found on top of head.

Being is bi-pedal. Thin hand has six long, clawed fingers. Feet have five toes ending in small, very sharp, claws. Very small tail, thick like a crocodile’s, extends only to the feet. Male is shorter than female. Males range in height from 8 to 10 feet (2.44 to 3 meters): females are 8.5 to 10.25 feet (2.6 to 3.12 meters) tall.

Special Traits and Abilities: Noted for great diplomatic and leadership skills. In charge, for past six million years, of all the former Alliance’s forces for this sector of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Average Amount of Sleep Needed: 5 to 8 hours.

Language: Very coarse and guttural; filled with deep growling and hissing noises.

Mother Ship and Other Craft: Scout craft look like dew drops and like beetles; they vary from 100 to 400 feet ( 30.5 to 122 meters) in length. Mother ships range from 1 to 400 miles (1.6 to 640 Kilometers) long and look like large tadpoles.

www.paoweb.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Wayno,

very similar...except the tail was a little shorter, and not pointed at the end, more squared off.

Sorry I haven't posted more, been a little busy, and my camera sucks.

I still stand behind it. It was very real, and very scary.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
How about this? I can modify it- the tail refuses to square off tho at the moment:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

That is is right there...a little more squared off in the back, and about 10-15 feet long.

Crazy lookin thing, I wish I could show you a picture,

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
1 reason I got it 99% accurate... I kinda saw one some years ago myself- tho it was a lot higher, and moving faster. Against the wind.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If its any consolation, I'm from Lexington and have family in Eastern and they to reported seeing a weird object. So don't think your doing crazy. From what I've read, call it just wishful thinking but Ky has alot of really weird stuff going on here.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well to be honest man, it had me a little freaked out. I like to read about all this stuff just for kicks, because I've always thought, what if??? But when I saw that thing, and I wasn't the only one, it seriously scared the crap out of me.

What do you really think it was?

I'm ok with there being a logical explanation, I'd just like to have SOME explanation, ya know?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by siFtInG

Let me start of by saying this is a great thread!

Second i want to ask if this object had any 'vent' holes or ANY holes for that matter?

If it was government testing i dont think it would be so close to the ground? And the way you said it moved makes no sence, and that is what has me intrigued.

Have you tried talking to nearby neighbors? Maybe bring up "I seen this wierd plane fly past the other day, did you see?" Ofcourse you know it wasnt a plane, but to those who dont beleive, a plane is often the most logical answer.

Good luck finding out what the hell that thing is!

Flagged

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by XeonSky

No, it didn't have any holes, or vents, or anything that I could see. It looked like it came out of a mold, you know how prototype cars look, all sleek and curvy and space-age? lol..

I have also talked with a couple of my neighbors, we get along well, and none of them saw it... BUT there is a lady I know that saw something on the way home that very evening, but she said it looked like a roundish shape, with flames around it..... I have no idea about that one...but it would have been about 20miles from my home where she spotted it. If she saw ET, she'd swear it was a poodle. (goes against her beliefs)

I dunno man, I don't think it was the gov either....I have so many "I wish I would have...'s" about that day, but I can't change it.
I agree with you about it being too low to be an experiment also, a spy drone could operate almost out of visual range.... if this thing was from here, I want to see how it works. I will reiterate, imagine a 4x4 truck just jolly floating across the sky...at a leisurely pace.... and that, was my experience. I assure you, I am not mistaken, nor was it one of those SPECK IN THE SKY sightings...this thing, if it would have paused or turned, I would have been hiding under the house, it was so close!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join