It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAL - Street, Everyday low Prices!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I never thought I would see the day when I could buy Ford, Citibank, Bank of America, GE, and GM at below bargin basement prices (all are under $10, some under $5); but here we are.

I see a lot of threads that pass around blame for collapse of the market for stocks, but I am just like a kid in a candy store right now. So, I decided to start a thread to track all the cheap stocks, both present and future, as I don't necessarily see all the great deals that are out there and the new deals that are soon to appear.

I figure it like this...they can't all go bankrupt and even if they do maybe I'll get a deal where I can trade common shares of the old bankrupt company for shares in a newly created company...especially in the case of GM.

Anyway I hope others are able to build a dream portfolio of quality brands for SONG.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
even if they go bankrupt and restructure, i would guess your stocks may be worth something when they come around? great title to the thread, i think a lil came out in my pants i was laugin so hard

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Its turning out to be a yard sale down there. And since Washington doesn't have the guts to pull the plug on these companies its likely that they will survive. Honestly, these companies want to die, but someone is forcing them to live on. So, Unless this is a huge trick...these companies are becoming really good long term investments.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i believe its a trickle effect (or affect) not sure wich. if comp a supplies comp b with xxx material and c buys finished product, the line will be broken for all 3 and consumers if any of the above die. i think its a futile attempt at life support for a decapitation victim.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

Love the thread title, now if only my net worth didnt drop by 50% , i could buy some Red Tag Specials

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sounds like a solid plan I would think.
I just would like to hear from our local stock market experts....to see what they say...before I jump the gun.
Cool idea in theory though.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
once it all gets to a point, the ones who have their cash buried in jars will buy up everything at 50 cents. and then beginning the cycle again. but i think its all doomed no matter how well it rebounds.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The way you say it, you would think the dollar's value had skyrocketed.

Ok..Back to reality.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

here's some interesting one that have some potential to watch that are cheap ...

TKC
Turkcell Ilet New

NTRS
Northern Trust Co

AAPL
Apple Inc.

and obviously dell ... these are uncertain times for the stock market, but these are some examples of ones that would probably be a good investment

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
isnt that the way the market rebounds? im not an expert but had it explained to me that way. once evrything cheap enuff, people crawl out and buy em up and that in turn raises the volume of trading for the day. and then people see buying, and follow the rest of em?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I read an article where some guy name Jim Rogers doesn't think the market has hit the bottom yet. He also said that he'd be selling dollars in the short term.

I do watch carefully. When I saw GE at $9, I couldn't get my etrade account open fast enough, but thanks to an error I couldn't buy it and 4 days later it was at $6. I told my wife I'll hold out for $3.

These prices are so low, I am willing to take the risk. If what they say is true and we're all doomed anyway, the cash won't do much good either. But if they are wrong, I don't want to be the guy telling the story 10 years from now about how I didn't get in the market when it hit bottom.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I bought some Citi when it tanked last year and got some TARP $$$. I figured at $6 and gov't support, the biggest bank in the world can only improve. Well, its under $1 now.

Its a fools market right now.

If you have the money to play around more power to ya.

my wish list (today)

[edit on 5-3-2009 by venividivici]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well you guys had some pretty good responses. I think the fools market existed from Oct. 2007 to Sept. 2008, however. But the companies I have been looking at could once upon a time boast of being the largest in the world at what they do. Now they are cheap.

I've been fighting for a loooong time...and this world is about to MAKE ME or BREAK ME. With Citibank at a buck; I'll buy it...Either go up or go away! This must be the day of reckoning.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
hey, the world revolves around money so i guess it could make or break all of us. either directly, or by a few degrees of seperation. ive read a few of your posts and you seem like a pretty smart guy, huck. i think im gonna take your move as advice and muster up a few clams and go for some econo-stock too.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The stock market is a future window to future events... meaning reality is going to get worse. When the stock markets get better... reality will soon to be better.
Either good or bad, everything reflects in the stock market. The stock market will come back first, before you neighbor gets his job back. make sense?
I was the fool in 2007-2008, made some cash, lost alot of cash now.
I'm very leary on buying - but they say, when your crying you should be buying..even Warren Buffet.. be greedy when others are fearful. now, Mr. Buffet has billions of cash to toss around..
Try your hand at the market, they say these are the times people become millionares. Just some advice, balance your savings. keep a good cash position. Purchase in 25% increments. Don't throw everything you want to invest in one drop, spread it out (buy the dips). Buy stocks that people use, stocks that you use (Cell phones providers, cable, utilities, food, etc.) Do research - don't take advice from the message boards, read the news and the companys finacial reports.
Just my .02

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
ABK ambac financial. It is at 37 cents right now. These bond holders might be next in line for a bailout. I have been buying weekly for awhile now and I will double up on monday to dollar cost average it out. Down side on this is possibly will go bankrupt if it doesnt get government money. However the way the gov. is giving money I find it highly likely they will actually get it and at 37 cents a share a little investment could give huge gains in the long term.

ETFC. Etrade Financial. .65 cents. This is a huge bargin. Once the market turns around you will see this stock shoot up. Just think of all the individual investors scrambling to get in when the market starts to rebound. With all the distrust on wallstreet banks and managers more people are likely to just trade stocks themselves. This is one of my favorites.

STEM. Stem cell stock. Currently at 1.38. Once it is announced that Obama has lifted federal funding ban on stem cell research this will also shoot up. Also are about to start a clinical trial in humans. One reason this stock is down so much is because some thought their stem cells were the same kind that created that brain tumor in that boy in russia, however they are totally different stem cells. This could be a huge stock if stem cells are actually found to work. Down side is there is no proof stem cells do anything, so any bad news could destroy the company.

BAC. Bank of America. This is much safer then C. Once they pay the government back, which I believe will happen in 3 years you will see some huge gains. Also Countrywide, which they own, is due to post a profit of 900 million this quarter. Bad news is they own Merrill Lynch. I think this is one of the best and safest long term investment on very cheap financials.

Siri. Sirius Satalitte Radio. They have revenue of 2 billion a year. If this company can make it another 2 years it could be very profitable. One major neg is it has sooo many share outstanding, so you are likely to eventually see a 10/1 reverse split. Good news is will def. make it through this year and has DTV backing them. This could also be a winner and at 13 cents it is worth the gamble. I could see this possibly going to 3$ in the next 2 years before there is even a reverse split.

Well those are some of my favorite cheap stocks. I also really like GE, although I am waiting for it to hit 5 before I start buying. They are about to lose their AAA credit rating and this should drop the stock to around there although it really means nothing to their bottom line. Also F is so cheap I cannot resisit and is a whole lot safer than GM. I do own F, SIRI, ABK, BAC, STEM, and ETFC. My advice to people who want to get into the market at this time is to open a sharebuilder account and use their auto trade program. They take money directly out of your account on monday and buy stocks on tuesday. You pay a monthly fee and can get up to 20 automatic trades a month for 20$. Their are also monthly and bi monthly auto trades as well as weekly. Pick a few stocks and keep buying those. That way with dollar cost averaging you limit you loses. I would be very hesitant to use any other method at this point.

BTW great thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
FYI...and if it hasn't been metioned the Federal Reserve program (TALF) to support lending begins on the 17th and lending begins on the 25th.

I am not unaware of the general sentiment with regards to the economy, politicians and markets in general and the financial sector specifically, but I think I know with certainty that our worst fears are not plausible.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The Head of Anadarko Petroleum Corp was allegedly an attendee of the 2008 Trilateral commission in NY and if buy into the secret club elite theory you'd think his company would be fairing better but it isn't. Who knows. its APC

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Apparently, many 401k ppl are betting the house on the markets.

Some workers are shrugging off the risks of company stock even as the market appears more and more perilous. Jack Bennett, 58 years old, of Brick, N.J., was generally a buy-and-hold investor until about a year ago. But as he saw the market stumbling badly, he began to make large trades in and out of the stock of his employer, General Electric Co., at times putting about 90% of his 401(k) into the shares. Mr. Bennett, who handles field operations for NBC News, credits the strategy with helping him keep his 401(k) flat last year, and he plays down the risks. "I don't see us as an Enron," he says.

GE not Enron?.....well....lets just wait and see.....shall we.!

online.wsj.com...

[edit on 5-3-2009 by venividivici]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
GE's price is being dragged down by GE Capital. As long as people still like electricity and clean water, I think they can make it out of this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join