It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAL - Street, Everyday low Prices!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I would think DOW is reflecting a mixture of fear and reality setting in. A company's "worth" is really defined as it ability to generate profits. I mean - there isn't really any other goal. Right now, with a worldwide depression scenario unfolding, even good companies will see their customer base diminish. The rapidity with which the economic "downturn" has occurred means that the companies are still at "big production" levels and simply cannot downsize quickly enough to stem the bleeding. Add to that the obvious issue of companies involved in CDO transactions which could explode their balance sheets.

Anyone who invests right now must be prepared to lose money. Do not believe that the dollar is going to become "toilet paper" anytime soon. The dollar is actually a safe haven right now because Europe is in much worse shape than we are. For now.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kenesay200

I am prepared to lose money, however I think for long term investing it is quite safe. Unless you think this is the end and those companies cannot bounce back. Anyway if I wasnt investing this extra money in stocks I would be blowing it on something else.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
When I started this thread, I mostly had in mind companies and not banks or financials so much. I am inclined to lean toward the notion that the large banks won't be allowed to die, no matter how much they want to, and that there isn't much downside left, so they must either perform or delist. The longer they don't delist, I feel that the probability that they will delist at some point in the future to be diminished. The drama cannot last forever.

I was looking at transportation components and found that the sector is down about 50% from its highs early last year. Once the inevitable occurs and business begins to grow once more (or be destroyed completely) transporaton and utilities must follow close behind.

NSF -50%
CSX -50%
CNW –70%
BNSF –45%

Conway...the trucking firm is about $14.

It seems to me that the gloom and doom types are gonna have to produce results and give me a reason to believe. Like everyone else your script can't be "just wait and see" forever.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sure was a good week for me last week. Hopefully some of you took my advice and invested in those bank stocks.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
Sure was a good week for me last week. Hopefully some of you took my advice and invested in those bank stocks.

I am prepared to lose money

Dude , you can't have it both ways. If you are going to play the "I told you so game" then pick one.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

I am prepared to lose money if need be. Doesn't mean I expect to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join