It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is THE weirdest experience you ever had?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Since achieving adulthood, I have exchanged illusion for fact. Many experiences I had as a youngster were simple cases of ignorance.

A few minor events stand out.

I have seen UFO's before, with other people. Things in the sky moving like satellites that came to complete stops then went back the way they came. One was just a hovering light until my friend and I both started staring at it then it brightened up like a large flare and sunk into the horizon.

Once I was at my moms and I saw a flash of light in the highest part of the ceiling that she saw as well.

She believes in that stuff, I don't. Orbs, spirits and the like. Not sure what caused the light flash however.

Of course, there is deja vu and coincidences up the yin-yang, but those can be chalked up to happenstance and the fact that my mind is always racing, jumping from thought to thought faster than I can keep up.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Like others here, it is hard to pick out one but this one I thought was neat-o!

I was sitting in an outdoor hot tub one night and it was kinda late, near midnight (late for me
I had been doing lots of reading on remote viewing and remote influencing. I had never tried any kind of RI before but I had this idea to test it out. I had a good friend and neighbor who lived a few hundred yards away. I decided to RI (I won't say what I did or how I did it) him to call me on the phone. I did this because he NEVER called me on the phone. We lived so close we saw each other all the time or just knocked on the door. I did my think for about 15 minutes and felt so drained I would stop and it didn't work because he hadn't called. About 10 minutes after that the phone rang.

I answered the phone and there was silence. I asked "hello" again. He said hey. I said hey back and what's up. He was silent again. I asked if something was wrong and was he ok. He said nothing is wrong. I then stammered for a sec and said oookaaaay, what did you call for. This was what got me..he said "I dunno, I just called" and he sounded very odd the whole time like a robot. I said "You don't want anything?" he said nope and goodbye. Next day I said, what was that call about? He laughed and said "oh..did I call? I thought I dreamed that"

WEIRD! From then on, I knew the secret to RI.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
reply to post by zaiger

Lame story dude. Is your life that devoid of wierdness?

oh im sorry i would like to take this time to apologize. As wierd as it was for me, getting into an altercation with a tranny prostitute over the request of a refund was really wierd for me. As common or everyday this might seem to you i do not deal with transvestite prostitutes so the whole thing seemed wiered to me.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I had finished working and smoking with my brother and we had gotten home. I went upstairs and played some X-box in my boredum, then went downstairs and started watching TV with my bro. So we're watching TV and bull#tin for like 2 hours. Suddenly, the tv screen goes black and then gives off that "This is just a test message." For some reason, I got really weird and scared my brother. I had this look in my eyes and said "When they say it's a test, that ussually means it isn't, and that something is going down." So yeah ... I kinda freaked my brother out. He quickly changed the topic and then proceeded to go to my room and chill on my computer.

I'm on the couch by myself and am thinking "Damn ... I shouldn't have done that." My brother is extremely paranoid and hates hearing about scary paranormal things and will never read revelations in the bible or any of that stuff. So as i'm sitting down, I stare at a cup that is on the counter of the TV. I don't know what the hell happened, but my body felt really weird. My eyes started to focus onto the cup with extreme intent so badly that my head was starting to swim. It was like I had been seconds from getting the cup to levitate. My trance or what ever the heck that was had broken and my heart was begining to beat out of my chest. I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack. A small voice in my head said to go to someone. So I went to my bro and chilled out, apologized for freaking him. We hung out, my heart was still thudding, and he went to his room. I'm in my room by myself, feeling like i'm about to die. So I get up and walk to his room but think i'd be wise to leave him alone.

I needed all the lights on. I couldn't walk into any room without a light ... I was frightened for my life oddly. So i'm turning the lights on as i'm walking to the 2nd floor of my house. Heart beating out of my chest the entire time. Something in my head is like "GO BACK TO YOUR ROOM NOW! GO BACKC AND GO TO SLEEP." And as i'm thinking this, I know it's a bad idea but felt, I need to obey or something worse will happen. A second smaller voice in my head says "Go to your brothers, wake them up." So I go upstairs to the 3rd floor. All of my little brothers were sleeping in one room spacious room. I get into the room and try to wake the oldest of them up but he won't hear it. I then go to my other brother and try to wake him up. He didn't wanna respond and i'm pleading ... like begging, saying i'm having a heart attack. Defeated, not wanting anyone to think i'm crazy ... I lay on the bed next to them and try to calm my heart but to no avail.

I'm finding with this voice in my head and trying to overcome it. My instincts kept telling me to go back to my room, stop waking up my brothes. Then another voice said no, i'm not ... and i'm going to do whatever I want. The heart beats faster, but I kept defying the commands that my body was aching with. I'm overcoming this fear in myself. My voice gets louder to the point where i'm screaming in my head "NO! I WON'T LISTEN TO YOU!"

Then suddenly, my youngest brother ( 8 years old ) gets up and puts his hand on my heart and starts saying this chant. "Sonahgoleeto." As he's doing this, I have a flash back of falling during a family reunion nearly 12 years ago, and a cousin putting his hand on my cut and saying the same exact words. My heart is begining to calm down and i'm like "WTF?!" So this continues and my heart slows down to a calmer rate. Parents come into the room and then a bunch of other weird # happens.

It's alot to type so i'll just come back in a few. Dont' want to spam it up.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Simply J]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Have had lots of strange or wired things happen to me in my lifetime, but this is probably one of the weirdest and it happened yesterday morning about 4:15 am est. in Providence Rhode Island.

I drive a cab and was sitting at my usual spot watching beautiful venus in the sky as per usual when all the sudden she just slid to the left about two inches from my perspective, then vanished. The skies were clear, but I thought ok maybe there was a cloud I can't see so I waited for it to pass. Still nothing.

About 15 min later I got a fare to the airport and when I pulled to the end of the drive, there was venus way over to the right brighter then ever.

There was no time to grab camera, not to mention my shock at seeing it. I have taken a old picture to try and show you what I saw to give perspective at least. Mind you the moon was setting behind me and this is looking pretty much due east.

Dawn was just breaking and she was really the only planet star in the sky on that horizen. I would have noticed if there were more.
So that's my weird moment for the day! I am so hoping someone else saw that somewhere besides me. Feel like a nut telling it, but I know what I saw.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by yigsstarhouse]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
hmmm cant get the picture in there, sorry about that, Im trying again! if it doesnt work its in my pictures at least.

venus slide picture

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I've had lights constantly go out around me. Every time I driving, no matter the distance, they always go out.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have more than I care to share but I'll try my best to list of some somewhat absurd occurrences from my teen years.

Firstly, can rain clouds follow you? I'm being serious. When I was approximately 12-15 me and my buddy were out the front, playing football - kicking the ball to each other, the usual. We'd do this almost every week day after school.

At one point a rain cloud formed, it's speed was almost surreal - we thought we'd hop over to the BACK - a 1 min walk away - to an open field - (Sure enough, it was dry and clear...For the time being) I swear this rain cloud continued to follow us for a good hour, we tried to trick it SEVERAL times - it just knew where we were going - each. and. every. single. time. I've never really understood that, do clouds like hopping back and forth vigorously? It's bizarre to me.

Another short experience was in a dream like state - I felt like I was dozing off, you know, that moment you're aware of your body just getting relaxed and about to drop off into the land of nod..I felt a dog climb onto my body and lick me several times, I felt its paws digging into my chest and lower body, it's wet nose, it's soft fur, it's almost rubbery tongue. It felt genuinely playful and fun.

We don't own pets, here. Never have. There is absolutely no way one could of somehow entered through a locked door.
I woke up almost immediately after with a true WTH just happened moment.

---
And here's one more, although I didn't experience it FULLY, myself.

But many people have, including 2 close friends I'd trust with my life. There's an eerie woodland not too far from my house, which is home to some devilish ghouls, including one who's height is enormous, a black figure, with one DEFINING feature; it's red eyes. Ask anyone from old ladies who used to frequent the area as young girls many moons ago if they know of the "red eyes" to the local troublesome teens..

..Something otherworldly lives there, and it frightens Everybody.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I would like very much to hear some stories about spontaneous memories of previous lives. I am a devout believer in reincarnation, and I suspect that "far memory" is much more common than we would like to believe...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The two strange experiences i had,one when i was small around 4 are five i was lying on my mom's bed,her closet was in front of me iwas lying there eating some candy,when the closet door started to open very slowly,this thing came out ,white face i can only describe it in my mind was a clown,after that don't remember a thing can't get past the point when it comes out,i am afraid of closets to this day,The other one is when i lived in Abilene,I was watching tv one night,kids and husband was in bed i started to hear this loud breathing noise,like something huge,i thought it was my husband are children and went to check on them,not them,the next day i asked some friends of mine if they had anything strange happen to them all the women described the same thing that happen to me,it was strange because we all thought it was our husband are children,none of the men woke up to hear this

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
While swimming yesterday a woman grabbed my private part and squeezed it. I got groped by a stranger. I wanted her to do it again but she had two big mean looking guys with her. It was wierd.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My strangest experience was most likely a dream but it felt different from a regular dream. When I dream of places, (even familiar places) my room for example, what I see in the dream doesn't look a thing like my room or friends house but I know it is that persons house or my room. This is the only dream that I remember the room ever being exactly like it was in reality. I was sleeping in my friends guest room (i was probably in 4th or 5th grade) and in the middle of the night, (this next part is the dream, I was actually sleeping in my friends guest room) I opened my eyes and looked up and saw a man dressed in black with a black ski mask pointing a gun at my head, as i looked at him he pulled the trigger and i saw a flash then woke up. I don't remember how I reacted to this dream, i don't know why, I may have just gone straight into another dream or woke up for a second and went right back to sleep. It is still pretty vivid when I think about it.

MT

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The wierest thing that ever happened to me was about a year ago. I was camping in this public camping ground and I had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet, the toilet door lock was broken. I was sitting on the toilet, trying hard not to fall asleep when this rather large lady walked in. She started screaming, suprised to catch someone on the toilet and everyone in the camp site woke up and came to see what the matter was. There I was trying to finish my bowel movements, with the door wide open and the whole camp site outside. Wierd!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have had many surreal experiences, and due to my fathers job in the military I have also moved house a lot. The experiences tend to occur more frequently in certain houses, while other houses have nothing happen in them. I'll only write about a few things on here for now.

When I was a young child we had a house in Edinburgh, a pretty ordinary block of terraced houses that by all accounts, were pretty modern. Not ultra trendy, but also not terrifically old. When we moved in I was holding my nose, the place stank and every memory I have of living there is one of doom and gloom. It had a horrible, oppressive atmosphere, the likes of which I have never encountered since, and I've visited Alcatraz.
One morning when my father was working and my mother was still in bed, I had woken up early and gone down to get some cereal. I was sitting in the livingroom eating it and watching cartoons when I heard the unmistakable sound of the fridge door opening. This would have been impossible for a person to do, as the kitchen door was also open with the fridge directly behind it. We always had to close the kitchen door to get anything out of the fridge. The kitchen was tiny.
So there I am staring at the door, spoon halfway to my mouth, listening to a loud crackling and rustling coming from that area, followed by the fridge door shutting again. I was the only one down there that morning. We have never had pets and I am an only child.
In that same house, with that same fridge, quite often the lid from the milk bottles (screw top plastic ones) would be off, lying next to the bottle. This isn't something anyone in the house would have done.

When we moved to Cyprus for a short stay I had a raft of experiences on another level completely.

I lived close to the school, and my friend had to pass my house to get there, so we walked to school together every single morning. One morning I was faffing about in the kitchen waiting for him, and there he was right on time. I saw him through the window with a young boy that I had seen the previous day, and they were both glowing in a golden light, so much so that I was about to mention in to him.
Now, the space between that window and the door is literally one foot, and another two feet to the back gate which faces out directly onto the area I saw my friend. I got out there and no one was around. Not a soul. I looked in both directions, and no one was there, and they would not have had enough time to move anywhere else from the couple of seconds it took me to leave the house.
It turns out my friend was lying in bed all day that day with extreme food poisoning, which his mother confirmed. I never saw the other boy again, and this was a small school where you would recognise such a distinctive kid. I also don't put this down to a trick of the light or eyes, because I saw them talking to each other, gesturing, that kind of thing.

Cyprus also presented me with more shadow ghosts than I have ever seen in my life before or since.

Finally, we became home owners. I say we, my parents did, I just tag along.
The house in question was being sold because the womans husband and disabled daughter had passed away and she didn't have the use of such a large home. They both had died on the premises, I am unsure of which rooms though.
One night I was in my bedroom reading a book at stupid o'clock. There was a cacaphonous CRACK from the hallway and I jumped out of my skin. We're not talking ordinary wood-creaking from the house settling in the cold of night. This was more like a whip or the combined forces of a tesla coil letting loose for one split second. My mother flew into my room to ask what the hell that was, but my father had slept right through it. I still can't understand that till this day. It was beyond loud, which my mother agrees with. There was nothing damaged in the hallway.
We didn't have that house for long. Something was off about it.

On another note, this is just a feeling, but I am scared of water and swimming. I don't float well, so I don't bother with such things. When I watch documentaries about the Titanic I cannot take my eyes off the screen. I have some wierd connection there. If I had access to past life regression I would be surprised if I didn't have something to do with that ship.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I havent really had many really weird experiences ( well compared to everyone else's ) just a couple of odd ones, im only gonna share this one.

about 2 years ago I was on my own in a cafe having some lunch which consisted of a chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of diet coke, i was minding my own business munching my sandwich when an old lady with a southern accent came up to me on her way out of the cafe, she actually went out of her way to come to my table, she bent over my table and told me I should stop drinking the diet coke and that it was really bad, and then said something about my bones, she was very intense and it was really weird the way she did it, she left and I continued to drink my diet coke. What I find strange tho is the fact that i am kinda addicted to diet coke, have been drinking it alot for about 6 years, my old work buddies used to laugh at how much I drank in one shift. Why did this woman decide to give me her little warning? an not anyone else in the cafe drinking softdrinks? theres noway she could have known of my dietcoke addiction. Well its fair to say I didnt take her on as I still drink diet coke and am imo reasonably healthy
so meh!

yeah crappy weird experience.

my life is so uneventful.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I haven't had too many weird experiences (or I don't remember them, if I did).

But there was this one time when I was little (about 6 years old). I saw a shadow person/Grim Reaper-esqe thing in the house I was living in at the time. I was just laying in my bed, trying to go to sleep, when I look out in the hall and see it just standing there, its' "form" being a swirly-smoky green color. Seeing it isn't what I consider weird about the experience, it was how I reacted. I remember thinking I should go and wake up my dad because this weird thing was walking into his room, but then I thought "No, its ok." It was like I really trusted it or something.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

You gave yourself your answer in your own post chief.

Re-read it and its there for you to see.

If your not seeing it, read it slowly as a child would.

If you still dont get it...

In reverse...

Hey, you asked.

When is it enough, for the love of GOD, when do we start caring.

I rarely ever see another HUMAN being. And it's getting worse everyday.
Instead of waking up, more and more people fall unconscious to the plight of the world.

Where the Hell am I?

They even go so far as to threaten me so I will stop talking.

They are the sane ones because they like to ignore everything and worry only about themselves.

I am the wacko because I like to think and to talk.

I try to talk to people about things like the war and the economy and they just don't care

I feel like im the only one who cares.

The absolute weirdest thing of all of this is that EVERYONE remains on the couch watching tv.

There is no end in sight.

Executives worth billions of dollars are getting bonuses from our blood sweat and tears.

Our governments have sold us all into slavery.

We are fighting wars we should not be fighting.

Evil survives when good people do nothing.

And no one is doing anything about it.

I woke up one morning and realized that the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

I guess I would have to say that I have this experience every day since the first time I realized it.

Now you might understand me but the real question is, do you understand yourself and why you are here?

[edit on 9-6-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Our weirdest was some of the lights hanging over phoenix.

Now you see this stuff on video, and you go: it is just lights.

When you see them in person, it is a totally different experience. My husband and I came home from work, I saw them, they made the hair stand up on our arms, they were just bizarre and unnatural.

We watched the news then, and this happens frequently, even the reporters were practically rolling their eyes going: And Lukes AFB said they are testing flares, yadda yadda yadda.

Just the other night, I saw a weird circle of 5 lights in eastern WV. I asked my husband: Do you see those?

He echoed my sentimens and said: if they start spinning let me know. LOLOL

Then they suddenly dissapperred.

In fact, I meant to come on here and say something.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

I don' think I can pick just one. So I will site the ones that I clearly remember.

When I was first born we lived with my grandmother in Trenton New Jersey. My parents around the age I was 3 finally had enough to buy a house through HUD. So they did and we moved into it when I was 3 just about to turn 4. Now, heres the first weird occurance. I remember the day we moved into the house...however, I do not remember the days living in my grandmothers house. I know there was a clear definition of living at grandmas and moving to a new house. But I only remember moving into the new house. Thats where things really pick up. It was a ranch, very small modest house. But it was very cute and my mom really nicely decorated it and kept it very clean (she's a neat freak) My bedroom was across from my parents bedroom down the end of the hallway. And this is where I met my very first friends ever
a little girl and a little boy. They would come in through my window everyday to play with me. She liked to play with my dolls and the little boy liked to play with my rocking horse. I remember them very very vividly. But they would never tell me their names, and anytime someone would come down the hallway? they would say they had to go. And they would leave. I would of course get very upset, look out my door to see who was coming and then explain to them to go away because them coming down the hall made my friends go away. This of course my mother chalked up to imaginary friends. However, it occurred more frequently and finally she was getting quite tired of me telling her to not come down the hallway. She had met a friend in the neighborhood who happened to be a nurse at the hospital (by the way, forgot to say, we lived in Browns Mills NJ) and getting concerned she asked her about imaginary friends, how long the phase lasted and was my frequency to play with them normal..etc etc. The nurse friend looked at her a bit concerned and then had her call me out to the living room. She asked me many questions..where the children came from, how old were they, what did they look like? She then the next day returned with a photograph of two children and I clearly remember thinking.."oh, they are her kids! great, now we can play some more" turned out? there was a previous house that had burned down, and our house was built on that houses old foundation. Linda, the nurse, had a husband who was a firefighter...and he carried was the one who found the two children in the back bedroom and carried them out from the house. Yes...they were dead. Now I'm pretty certain that no one ever explained to me that they were dead. But I do remember that they stopped coming after Linda visited us with the pictures. Not sure if my mother did something when I was at preschool after that? or if they knew? or if it could all just be chalked up to coincidence. But for years all I remembered were the little girl and little boy who used to come play with me. It wasn't till I got older and to the age of "knowing" that I realized they weren't real, or at least, not living real, is the only way I can explain it? they were real, I mean, I remember them clearly, but at some point when I was older I realized..hmmm, they only came in through the window..was the window opened? I then asked my mother about the friends I had in New Jersey and when I brought up the little girl and boy she finally explained to me that they were not "real" I didn't need her to tell me the whole story because I knew it..I just had not realized they were dead? I guess..does that make sense?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

My next experience
My uncle was my Godfather, and we were close, very very close. He died of a drug overdose when I was 5. My mother had his picture on our wall and she had been given his clothing that he had been wearing when he died. I don't know if it was him..but every so often when walking down the hallway to go to my room, I would turn to the side because someone was clearly walking past me, I had dreams of him coming to play with me and his picture would constantly fall off the wall...let me make this clear...the picture hung on our wall for 2 years..it never fell till after he died and only if I was walking passed it..and no..
I could not reach to knock it down
So, we moved to florida from Browns Mills when I was 10 and about 2 years after that I had a weird dream...in the dream was this man in catholic priest clothing and my grandmother was telling him that my uncle was upstairs and to go get him. I described the man to my mom..he was the same man who had baptised me...he was a great uncle..we got a call later that afternoon that he had died from a heart attack..he was also the priest who held my uncle's funeral.

This next situation is not as clear and can be put up to all sorts of interpertations. I was sleeping over my grandmothers and had camped out on her floor. I woke up in the morning and everyone was downstairs..a shadow walked across the door...I remember clear as day..and no one was upstairs. I don't remember the shape clearly..only that it did walk and it had claws. Chalk it up to imaginations or trick of shadow and light, illusion...etc...but it walked and looked like it had claws..never did do anything though and never did see it.

oh so many more...not necessarily supernatural but just weird..I was wondering about first memories ever the other day and realized I had mine. I remember being in a busy place..with hallways, I was in a grey velor jumpsuit and a person in a yellow shirt was lifting me up to a window to see a bunch of babies
I was 2 1/2. I was remembering the day my brother had been born

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join