It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is THE weirdest experience you ever had?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
When I was about ten years old, my parents grounded me for one evening. Can't remember why. But the rest of the family left the very old two story house with a large attic... to go get ice cream or something.

My sister complained of hearing the old typewriter in the attic working on its own several weeks prior. I never believed her. Her bedroom was at base of the stairs to the attic. Thank God that was not my room. Spooky place.

It was dark, I was in the living room watching tv. by myself, pouting I'm sure. Sure enough, I heard the old typewriter keys hitting and then hearing the return.

Needless to say, I waited outside upon the return of the rest of the family. This, after turning every damn light on in the house.

Frightened out of my skull.

Edited to add: great thread!

[edit on 9-6-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Not sure if it's my general weirdest experience but it's a decent one.

Years ago, I was driving from Portland OR to eastern WA for the weekend. It's about a 220 mile drive. Anyway, while driving through the Columbia Gorge a older lady (60 years plus) driving some gray car with some clothes hanging in the passenger back window passes me. She's going about 65-68 mph, I'm going about 60.

About 20 minutes later I see a car coming up on me. Not really quick but I recognize the car. It's the same car, same lady, same clothes in the window. I'm thinking ok, she pulled off and must have gone fast enough to catch back up to me BUT she's not going that fast now. She passes me again.

Then about 20 minutes later, guess who passes me? I'm thinking WTH, how could she pass me 3 times now and I haven't stopped once and stayed right around 60. And she's not exactly flying to pass me.

Didn't see her for a fourth pass. Think I would have just followed her to see where she was going.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My mother, myself, and several friends of mine all had a shared dream on the same night about a location we had never been to (an abandoned parking lot and playground on a hill in the middle of the night.) We saw a street sign in the dream, found that street on a map the next day when we woke up and recounted the dream, and searched that street until we found the location. It was identical in every respect to the location(s) in the dream, despite none of us having been there before.

Years later I took a different friend, who was fascinated by this experience, to the location. There, we found a woman locked (from the outside by padlock) in a small, chain link fenced area, walking her dog slowly in circles. She didn't acknowledge our presence at all, and she seemed almost robotic in her movements. She stared straight ahead the entire time, walking in circles with her dog.

Later that day we remembered her and wondered why we didn't ask if she was okay or not. We couldn't understand why we hadn't said anything to her. She was, after all, locked in a cage basically (from the outside, with a padlock.) How did she intend to get out? How did she lock herself in?

[edit on 6/9/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Cool thread.

About three years ago I had an accident at work. I fell 10 meters off of some scaffolding. When I hit the ground I landed on my hands and feet breaking my leg and my arm in an instance but this was not all. As I landed the scaffold came down on top of me. Lucky it didn't do much damage it just pinned me to the floor. This is the strange bit. I could have sworn I saw my friend Jade (who had died in a car crash about a year before) standing there smiling at me. Perhaps it was shock.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Simply J

( Continuation of my original post. )

So my parents are over reacting and wanting to take me to a hospital because of the heart attack. It was a huge commotion and we ended up being downstairs and just were talking to each other. My Dad was skeptical and kept saying I should drink a red bull. Funny thing is, that SAME day, a friend of mine randomly told me "Red Bull is bad for your heart." So that was another coincidence to add onto the list.I'm just downstairs with parents. Little bro's are sleeping upstairs again. Mom is rubbing back in a calm and soothing way. So my dad noticed how I needed the lights on and that at one point in time, he was huddled underneath my mom - his wife the same way. I felt this weird feeling in my body when he told me that. He basically went through the same thing as I was. He told me of how he use to meditate and be in touch with himself. How when he concentrated really hard one day, he swore he heard the thoughts of the neighborhood all a once. It freaked him out.

To make that story short, my dad confessed to having spiritual experiences. So I get up and decide, maybe I should just watch some TV, or drink some water to relax. Now, as I go to drink water from my bathroom faucet, I had the ENORMOUS feeling in my body NOT TO! That it was putting me back into a normal state of mind. Don't drink the water! don't drink the water! So i'm like "wtf?" And stop drinking. Then I go to my living room and turn on the TV, and yet again, something is telling me not to. Like this crazy ass intuitive, sixth sense type thing telling me not to. After this, I decide ... let me go online and talk to some people, they can calm me down. Yet again, that foreboding feel came about and I had the sudden urge to turn my lap top off. To finish it up, I went to sleep in a room with one of my many brothers, and the room ceiling was directed to that of outer space. My eyes trailed along the dots that were representation of stars, and the light that gave it a soft and illuminating glow seemed to shudder in my stare.

It was an intense day that I will never forget. For almost 2 days straight, I felt unstoppable. Then that amazing feeling eventually faded and I badly wish for it again.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
the weirdest thing that ever happended to me... well there are several things, but the weirdest...

well i guess i was 19 or 20, it was right before i joined the navy so i must've been 20. i was driving home from my girlfriend's house which was around 30-35 miles away. At the time i had a hopped up chevy nova and i was driving on highway sixty about 4 miles west of fairland, oklahoma. suddenly very bright headlights were in my mirror. at first i thought it was a highway patrol but i eventually realized that they were round lights, at the time our highway patrols drove ford crown victorias which have those unmistakable square lights. after tapping my brakes to try and get them to back off, the lights stayed on my bumper, probably about 6 feet away. my radio had gone static-ey too but that happened often in that area anyway. so i finally floored it and i remember seeing my speedo nudging 120, then suddenly i'm in my parent's driveway and it's about an hour and a half later... also i still had 3/4 of a tank of gas which is where it was last remembered 25 or so miles from home, i would've used at least a couple of gallons... so i shut off the car and lit a cigarette to try to get my bearings. the next day my rear bumper was black like what happens when your car smokes a lot, this car didn't, but it washed off at the car wash a few days later... i still can't remember the 20 odd miles from the far side of fairland to my parent's home on the east side of wyandotte near the missouri border...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I would say the weirdest thing i had happen to me was one night i was dreaming and then i suddenly awoke scared as hell and i had the feeling of someone standing next to my bed saying something to me but the voice was inside my head and i didnt get the feeling that he was there to hurt me but i was so freaked out at the moment i couldn't move.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You asked for it, This should be a great read, or LOL for you.

Did Genesis (U2U), Type the speed of light,Type faster than light, Create Matrix, Atom, Brain, 420, Meet Einstien from Time Travel?, Died and came back while sitting at my computer.

Can Christ and God ever meet? I Already did.

Are you tripping? I sure hell did. -anagram

How's that for weird.

While I am awake.
[Edit] Sure I could be dreaming....

[edit on 15-6-2010 by TheUltimateEnd]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hello,

Well I was around 8 years old and I was with my older brother, he might have been around 10 years old. We were sleeping at our house in the Coast as we usually did probably around 3 to 4 times a year.
I can remember my brother waking me up and telling me to realize what was happening around us in our room. I opened my eyes and sat on my bed while I just couldnt understand what was happening. There were a LOT of small, smaller than an inch sized spheres. They were all "falling" and floating around us, each had a specific color. And then my brother tells me "hey look at this" the colored spheres fell, or came down floating and laid still over my bed. My brother touched these spheres with the tip of his finger and they just dissolved into a brown-colored liquid.
I cant remember how many hours we were up, playing with these amazing things until we fell asleep.
What I remember is the next day, my mother screaming at us for having damaged the blankets! There were a loooot of small drips of a brown material that had dried during the night. ???
That was 21 years ago and I still my mother remembers her grounding us for the blankets being spoiled.
Amazing experience though

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Tito Ortiz almost beat the # out of me in a bar. It was an extremely weird situation.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This thread is awesome, it's great that people are sharing their weird experiences!

I don't have anything as cool as the majority of the posters here.... just random weirdness. When I was young I was very close with a cousin of mine, and many times we would have the same dreams. They always involved either being chased by a tornado, or being in a car in the middle of traffic and not knowing how to drive or what to do. I'm not sure if they had any significance but they were terrifying! Another time we were quietly playing a board game when we both started singing the same line of the same song. Looking back now I think it lends some credibility to the possibility of humans being able to 'operate on the same wavelength' and share thoughts and feelings.

One of the previous posts mentioned someone occasionally having memories that were theirs but 'not theirs', the same thing also happens with me. I feel like I have a very strong connection with the late 1960's/early 70's, especially when I see certain clothing at thrift stores and whatnot, and even some happy songs from that time period make me choked up, it's like a strong nostalgia, but I was not even born yet at that time. I also have some sort of 'memories' of trains, wheat fields, a blonde woman in bright sunshine atop a hill. Honestly don't know if it means anything or if they are just nonsensical snippets of dreams or something I might've watched on TV as a kid, who knows? I just wish I was back in that time period. Sometimes it feels like a literal heartache just thinking about it. Our minds are mysterious things...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by brocket99
Tito Ortiz almost beat the # out of me in a bar. It was an extremely weird situation.

I would have been even more weird if you beat the crap out of HIM.

The weirdest thing that I've experienced happened when I was about 10 years old. The house I lived in at that time was pretty creepy, and always felt heavy and dark. I could swear that house is haunted. The kitchen in that house is right next to the room I had, and I used to hear the wooden chairs that were there move around on the tile floor. If you didn't pick the chair up to move it, it would squeal along the floor. I would hear that at night, and I was terrified of the dark. I couldn't sleep with my door closed, and I hated being home alone. Anyway, I came home from school one day and the house was empty, as it always was every day I came home from school. I didn't live that far from my school, maybe a half mile so my mom gave me house keys since I would be home before everyone else. I remember I got home and went to my room. The room looked exactly as I had left it that morning. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a Pepsi, went back to my room and found all of my dresser drawers open and the clothes that were hung up in my closet all on the floor. I searched the house for anyone who might be there, found no one home, and proceeded to freak out and run out of the house and went to a friend's place, which was only a few houses down. No one was home, I was sure of that. It was really scary and I waited until my mom came home and I told her what happened. We just went in the house like nothing happened. I was stilled scared after that but time went by with nothing else, so I kind of got over it. I'm still uncomfortable in complete darkness though, even when my wife is sleeping next to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by brocket99

Was Tito just being a douche as he seems to be?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
One time when I was in elementary school, we took a field trip to an old school house that was for black students. But for some reason, when we got out and started walking up to it, I just got the strangest feeling. I thought maybe I had dreamed about it EXACTLY as it was or felt like maybe I had been there before, even though I never had. It was just a deja vu feeling and it sent a shiver up my spine.

Another strange thing that happened was in 3rd grade. I had a dream that a boy I knew at school was in the woods and was bitten by a snake. The next day at school, that same boy had a bandage on his arm and sure enough said he had been bitten by a snake!

A third thing that happened to me occured in 6th grade. This was REALLY freaky to me. Well one night I had a very vivid surreal dream where I was alone in this strange deserted place with melted clocks. The next day at school in art class, we were looking in our art textbooks and for the first time, I saw the painting "Persistence of Memory" by Salvador Dali. I got chills. It was the EXACT same place I was in in my dream the previous night. I had been IN the painting. Every little detail from the painting was in my dream- the melted clocks, the water in the distance, the ants, the diving board etc.

The only other weird experiences I've had are some more less-significant clairvoyent dreams and quite a few ghost sightings.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have a interesting dream experience.
When I was a child I would go down south every year and spend most of the summer with my Grandparents..
Well one year, I was about 5 or 6 and it was before leaving for the summer, I had this dream i was playing on top of the fruit cellar down south at my GPs home. Anyhow for those that don't know this fruit cellar was a mound of dirt with a door on it, now in this dream as I played on top the fruit cellar, a giant black spider as big as a VW (small car) climbed up the fruit cellar, well I awoke in horror, little did I know what really awaited me later that summer.
Ok now it's later in year and I'm down south, I have forgotten about the spider dream, but I was playing on the fruit cellar, and then it happened the giant black spider climbed up the side of the fruit cellar, to my horror, but it was only the size of maybe a silver dollar, it scared me.
It scared me so bad it seems it gave me a nightmare, or a premonition of what was to come.

I have had a few strange things happen, but this one made me relize you are not restricted by time, might be distorted.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
In my senior year of college, there was a period of about two weeks where I was experiencing non-stop synchronicities, every single day. Most were really minor things, like "I haven't seen such and such since freshman year, i wonder what they are up to" and then running into them 15 minutes later.

However a couple were down right strange, and probably not even synchronicities to begin with. The first was I was sitting at my computer, just looking at stuff online, when I felt some sort of sensation in my head, starting at my ears, and circling around my entire head. Whatever this sensation was, travelled up to the very top of my head, the sensation was so strange that I uttered "wow..." to myself, at the very moment I said that, my buddy who was in the other room yells out "WOW!!!!!!!!!" at something on the TV. It was really weird.

Another time, I was watching Cash Cab at my buddy's house. I sort of zoned out on the television and noticed the street grid they use for a map on that show, and it made me realize how every city is basically a giant grid, with landmarks being points on the grid and whatnot. And the city grids are contained within state grids, and so on and so forth.

After I got home, I see I have an instant message from my friend spouting "THE WORLD IS A GIANT GRID, WE ARE ALL TRAPPED INSIDE THIS GIANT GRID, THE UNIVERSE IS A GRID." something along those lines, and I looked at the timestamp and it was during the time that I had this "realization" watching cash cab. It was the fact he used the word grid, and that was all I could think about is what had me thinking hmmmm.

Just a coincidence though right? lololol

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The wierdest thing that happened to me was in 1997 I was in Phoenix Az. and had just rented an apartment... No one lived next to me on one side until a few days later this strange lady moved in... I could hear her arguing or yelling at someone the first night she moved in, only she did not move in with anyone else... The next day I mentioned it to the manager and he said the lady shouldn't been allowed to move in because she had some issues, but the assistant manager had allowered her to move in...
The next night at about 3AM she wakes me up because of her yelling at someone and so I put my ear to the wall and suddenly heard a high pitched sound and then after that I could hear these angry male and female voices taunting this woman with the most foul language , they kept saying they were going to kill her, and she would respond back by cursing at them...

To hear what some manager said was a mental case yelling is one thing, but to hear "both" sides of the conversation is especially freaky...
Because of this I had to quit school there and move away...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I have had a number of weird things happen to me, but one in particular was...

When I was in high school I was dating a guy, and one day we were talking on the phone. He received a call on the other line and left me waiting. Well, while I was waiting I started feeling very jealous....and feeling like he talking to another girl. So I started thinking very hard about being able to break through the line and hear what they were saying. To my amazement...it happened and suddenly I could hear him having a conversation with his Aunt. It totally freaked me out. I know I know...it was probably a coinky-dink... but it WAS wierd!

I have other stories having to do with lucid dreaming.....I'll save for another thread.......

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
when i was a kid i was playing by this old barn. i i suddenly frly that if i looked in the old stone foundation of the barn, i would find something! so i walked up to it and pulled out just a couple rocks and found a porno mag from the 70's. always thought that was pretty weird.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Well I have another one to share....one night my daughter and I had very similar dreams...

This happened about 4 - 5 years ago. One night I had a dream I was standing in a big field, and I suddenly noticed a tiny cow, like the size of a chiuaua on the ground in front of me. I bent over to look at it thinking "oh its so cute!" Then I heard really loud "MOO!" and I looked up and the mother cow was charging straight at me, I was filled with fear and then I woke up.

In the morning I get up and go to the living room and see my daughter ...we're talking and then she tells me about the dream she had last night which was...

She was standing in our backyard, and suddenly sees a kitten on the ground in front of her. She bent over to touch the kitten and heard a growl, like a large cat growl, and knew it was the mother cat. She was filled with fear and then woke up.

I couldnt believe how similar the dreams were and on the same night. I dont know what it means...just another weird experience......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join