It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Volcano Could Harbor Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Mars Volcano Could Harbor Life

www.space.com

Ancient water may lie hidden within the largest volcano on Mars, researchers now say, and they speculate that such a setup could also harbor life.

While there is no firm evidence that Mars does or ever has hosted life, one of the prerequisites would be water. The surface of the red planet is bone dry, but several studies have shown liquid water may once have flowed on Mars and could still exist in pockets below the surface.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
How strange, fascinating and surreal.

I've lost count of the numerous Mars announcements in the last month. Ice, water, running water and now potential for life still present on the planet.

What's next, NASA announce life on Mars?

Seriously, is the organisation worried President Obama is going to evaluate their budget and cancel some planned missions? Other members of our community have the same premise and feelings too - NASA preparing us for a major statement.

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
They most certainly are. Nasa knows far more about Space and our universe than they want to tell us about.

The thing is, I believe they are going to NEED to tell us about what they know, before others do it for them. That would be very catastrophic loss of trust for such a huge government agency and the government itself.

With all of the research and rovers that have been placed on Mars in the last 2 decades, the imaging and the scientific data they've recovered and not to mention of the weird things we've seen in some of these photos. As well as satellite imagery, they are preparing us for something alright.

I assume it'll be a few years before that occurs though, they'll bide their time till the last second, wouln't want to prematurely blow the whistle and cause mass panic for somethign that might or might not occur.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm going with the Obama theory.

Certain policies are contradicting and potentially damaging to NASA. However, the presence of life would justify a well equipped, funded and strong space program.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I have to agree with you friend, you're right. Obama's policies will dramatically change the way Nasa operates in order for them to keep their little secrets hidden.

Then again, maybe they've set themselves up for this, plead ignorance when some big annoucement is made.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If someone official broke the proof of life on Mars, before NASA, heads would roll. This of course would show that NASA had wasted billions upon billions of dollars claiming to look for something that they had already found long ago.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by dashen]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
And so the disclosure begins.

Space Exploration would love to have this posted up there.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

I can get this moved?

It seems we get a new announcement every two weeks, so I wonder what NASA has in store for us next.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

My guess is either the discovery of some sort of bacterial life, or an ancient artififact from some civilization that use to occupy the planet.

That sounds a little out there I know, but really, they don't have anything else that would be considered disclosure persay.

Although I guess they could say they've actually found flowing water beneath the surface of the volcano or in some water tablet underground. Still they would need to explain how they came to that conclusion and what tool they used to dig the place up.

We all know the rover can't do a feet such as that unless it really is a transformer.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
My guess is either the discovery of some sort of bacterial life, or an ancient artififact from some civilization that use to occupy the planet.

Bacterial life? I'd say plant life and insects.

An ancient artefact would have major religious implications, that could explain why NASA chiefs held a meeting with the pontiff.

top topics

join