It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Against Belief

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I don’t see something appearing out of nothing here.

And why should you?

P.S. Your father is a monkey, you're a monkey and I'm a monkey. All humans are monkeys.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by iWork4NWO]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iWork4NWO

Originally posted by iWork4NWO

And why should you?

That's what it would take for me to even seriously consider evolution, but even then, if it happened in a science lab, there would be some intelligence behind it.

...you're a monkey...

((here is my web cam shot... the question I have now is how did you know?))

[edit on 5-3-2009 by apaulo]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by apaulo

Originally posted by iWork4NWO

And why should you?

That's what it would take for me to even seriously consider evolution, but even then, if it happened in a science lab, there would be some intelligence behind it.

Evolution denier has no idea what evolution is. Color me shocked. What's your take on gravity? Another hoax?

[edit on 6-3-2009 by iWork4NWO]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I have yet to take a refresher course, but yeah, I do know the basics. In a nut shell, there was a bang and over a period of billions of years life sprang forth all on its own… on accident.

Like I’ve said, I don’t consider mutations to be evidence of anything. As an example, we have a thousand different breeds of dogs that all came from one original, but none of them have evolved into another species, but rather we have a long series of mutations.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I have yet to take a refresher course, but yeah, I do know the basics. In a nut shell, there was a bang and over a period of billions of years life sprang forth all on its own… on accident.

Like I’ve said, I don’t consider mutations to be evidence of anything. As an example, we have a thousand different breeds of dogs that all came from one original, but none of them have evolved into another species, but rather we have a long series of mutations.

Check your dictionary on evolution. The theory of evolution doesn't say a single thing about the origin of the Universe nor the origin of life. For scientific approach on origin of the Universe go read physics books. For origin of life the scientific approach goes by the name of "abiogenesis".

About dogs and species.

Can we agree that this is the definition of a species: a group of organisms capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring.

If yes, then all dogs are not members of the same species any more. For example there are too big morphological differences between a Chihuahua and a Mastiff. They just can't have sex. It's like me trying to stick my penis inside a rat. Doesn't work (not that I've tried).

[edit on 6-3-2009 by iWork4NWO]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I just want to point out that it is a great generalization to say that all athiests try to push their lack of belief onto someone. Not all of us do. I have never tried to push my lack of belief on anyone.

However, I do see the reverse happening often. It is the core nature of many religions to go forth and convert the non-believers.

When I take action against a religion, it is only to prevent the religion from being pushed onto me or my non-adult children. I let people believe in what they want and do what they want, so long as I do not have to be subjected to it and if it does not cause harm to another.

I respect your right to faith and belief. I will not argue against your religion, unless it is put in my face and I cannot avoid it.

On a side note, I will gladly be a reformed athiest once someone provides me evidence for their belief without the use of a holy book, faith, or hearsay. My mind is open and I will readily accept anything as fact, as long as there is adequate and reliable proof.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

On a side note, I will gladly be a reformed athiest once someone provides me evidence for their belief without the use of a holy book, faith, or hearsay. My mind is open and I will readily accept anything as fact, as long as there is adequate and reliable proof.

Hear hear. If we're living the end of times, apparently all of us are going to see somekind of bear/lion/something hybrid with 7 heads and 10 crowns or something rising from the sea. This is what the bible tells us. The second I see such a beast with my own eyes consider me converted

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
For the last week I have had computer problems, but I’m back in business…

Since then it looks like iWork4NWO was banned, but somehow I don’t think it was the first time, nor the last…

Check your dictionary on evolution. The theory of evolution doesn't say a single thing about the origin of the Universe nor the origin of life.

I really have no desire to learn anymore concerning evolution than I already know, but FYI I have read a few books on it, and I even own a couple…

…but I have never met someone who believed in evolution who wasn’t also an atheist.

all dogs are not members of the same species any more.

This simply isn’t true. All dogs, wolves included, are of one species and can be cross bred. Artificial insemination may be required if the dogs are not physically capable.

You cannot mix a horse with dog, though. These are two different species.

reply to post by tamusan

My mind is open and I will readily accept anything as fact, as long as there is adequate and reliable proof.

I’d like to challenge that.

Check out this link and tell me what you think…

top topics

<< 1   >>

join