It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian doctor says he has cloned three babies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Italian doctor says he has cloned three babies

www.breitbart.com

A controversial Italian doctor has claimed to have cloned three babies who are now living in eastern Europe.
"I helped give birth to three children with the human cloning technique," Severino Antinori told Oggi weekly.
"It involved two boys and a girl who are nine years old today. They were born healthy and are in excellent health."
He did not provide proof, but said cells from the fathers allowed the cloning to be carried out. The women's egg cells were impregnated in a laboratory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.breitbart.com
www.breitbart.tv

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This is undoubtedly the tip of the iceberg. S. Korea has been rumored to have done this as well as South American and French doctors.

With the “octo-mom,” transgenic foods and animals, and gene splicing successes we are on the brink of a new “Brave New World.”

Doctors just this month claimed to be able to provide prospective parents “designer babies” according to their desires for traits such as eye and hair color, physical ability and intelligence.

Can eugenics be far behind?

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
As cool as this sounds, without prof, and the article does say he doesn't have proof, I find it hard to believe. I don't find cloning to be so far fetched, but without proof I could say I did it, and so I will reserve judgement untill he brings something to the table other than his word.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It should be easy enough to prove given the father is known.

Or am I incorrect that a comparison of DNA would answer the questions of the doctor's claims?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I believe that pharmaceuticals will be fighting this one if ever designer babies are to be created.

They will wag a war via religious fundamentalist (something that US is full of it) to present a righteous front while hiding the fact that they will end up losing trillions of dollars worldwide on their manipulated prescription drugs deals.

I can not wait to see something like this happening, children that can grow without becoming milking cows to big pharma.

Still I find difficult to believe that an Italian doctor come public with this. After all I can only imagine the pope now condemning him for playing god.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

atlantis all over again. sigh not good

i don't agree with messing around with natural processes. nothing good will come of that inevitably.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I concede the lack of proof right now, but I'm certain the technology is here, and if he didn't do it, someone else has.

The barn is open and the horse is out. Others will be chiming in soon, but not Americans.

jw

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by azurite

Agreed. When your messing with human genetics and cloning you are just asking for something bad to happen. There are so many things that can go wrong trying to produce the child and if you do succeed the child will be a freak and an outcast.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cauch1
reply to post by azurite

There are so many things that can go wrong trying to produce the child and if you do succeed the child will be a freak and an outcast.

That is not necessarily truth, as we know that was the same sentiment when the in vitro or test tube babiesbecame a reality, actually the children from in vitro the very first ones are doing just fine.

We humans tend to find faults to what we can not understand.

The children born from cloning if any out there will grow as natural conceived children as they will be born to mothers just like other children born under manipulation.

As we know is society what have the biggest influences on social behavior.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Oh the clones look, act, sound and even smell like 'human' babies. We could go far as to assume they have 'souls'. I could envision an army created in this manner. Scary!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Quite possibly this is being released now as a hint of more to come. Because according to black ops and ufologists, cloning has existed in certain circles for quite some time. Perhaps this is all being done in preparation for disclosure in a broader sense, with small tidbits released that imply science is a little more advanced than most are led to believe. But I imagine this also means they are sitting on the lions share still.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I can see this as "disclosure" now that you mention it. You may well be right that there is more to this and that the web is larger than we suspect. What's next?

[edit on 3-3-2009 by jdub297]

top topics

join