It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World without money or trade.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hey im doing a perssuasive paper on this subject but it's a little different. What if the world didn't have money or trade. Do you think the world would be better off? Could use all the info I can get. Thanks guys.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It will be incredibly tough for perhaps up to 5 years or an decade as people die off, as people readjust, perhaps after many successive crops, until fruit trees have matured and animals produced by private hands expand to comfortable levels.

The collapse would not do so much damage if people were more self sufficient but since most people in wealthier countries are not, the impact will be especially severe.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If there were no money or trade then people would have had to stock up on seeds to grow food with. People who live in condos would have a hard time trying to find food because they don't have any land to grow food on.
A lot of people would die.
People would be able to live without money, but without trade there would be very little ways to survive. People would have to make everything they need to survive with.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
A world without trade is the last thing world bankers want.Without trade there would be no exchange rate they could manuipulate.
The world would probably be better off eventually without trade with other countries.It would cause countries to live within their natural resource availability.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Trade and money cannot cease to exist. Even in elementary forms, people trade items to have things they do not. A good fisherman will begin to fish exclusively, while a hunter hunt, and the farmer, grow. Likewise, instead of everyone watching their one or two children, they will be centralized upon a single person so the others can find gainful employment (even if its just knitting sweaters for the family). Trade is also key to develop non-essential elements of society like philosophers, artists, musicians, theologans, and to a great extent scientists. To extinguish trade is to create a society that has no way to sustain these non-essential occupations.

If you mean to say a Utopian society, I think its a great idea, but the reality is, even if we did have a world where you had infinite resourses to satiate the masses, trade would still exist. People barter for power, affection, love, sex, even more of whatever they already have, the right to deprieve someone else of something, or even just because they love trading.

Regardless of what Star Trek tells you-- you can't have a society that is free of trading. It is an element of any society with people. (and some even argue animals exhibit this behaviour as well)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Although I would agree that the pressures of money and trade have caused much suffering in the world, promotes selfishness and self-interest and causes divisions but I would argue that a world without trade or money would not solve anything - it would produce the exact same effect.

There would still be the haves and the have nots. There would still be corruption and elitism and suffering.

It would only work if there was international communication and co-operation and some kind of incentive to boost a meritocracy. Like trade and money. Oops.

Trade and money per se is not the problem. Human greed is the problem!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So what is the argument for trade or money - does it make us better people to deny money, water, food and utilites to people cause they can't barter for food or money.
Get a grip - you've all been sold out by the money makers and you probably won't even realise this while you buy your next CD.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The bible tells us that we will all have to take the mark of the beast or we will not be able to buy or sell and I do believe that time is only a few years away. No one will want to take the mark of the beast, including me, but you will given two choices. Take the mark or perish, by which means will totally be up to the PTB's. We do not have a chance unless we act now. If we wait it will be our demise and I don't and don't think you want that. I personally don't have a clue what to do, but I am all ears and I am a great listener. I will not stand by and let them take my freedom away from me. I just could not allow that. I look for all these things to start happening around the year 2012 and it will not take long for them to sweep through every kind of people and societies all over the world. We must act now. If any one has a great plan that we can all adhere to let's hear it... I think that every one would listen to a sound plan. Or we could just wait for GOD to sort out every thing and he will. That's just some thoughts that I have had, but I really do not want my freedom taken from me...sabre11004...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
As long as people have things and skills to trade you will have trade but in its lowest common denominator it would be called "barter".

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I notice a lot of doubt as to whether we could operate without money. In my book, I propose a way to get to a moneyless society via a fictional "story."

It is available FREE linked in my sig.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabre11004
We must act now. If any one has a great plan that we can all adhere to let's hear it... I think that every one would listen to a sound plan.

I offer such a plan in my FREE book...

It's linked in my sig...

new topics

top topics

join