It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Life is Your Resume

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I used to be the most antipathic and antisocial person in my group and I grew up literally forgetting about good and bad, only focusing on necessity.
I changed after a few "out of the ordinary" experiences moved me and I am now convinced that our actions shape our future beyond death.

Life is just like a school and our actions are grades. Higher purpose awaits those who succeeded the tests, and I am convinced we are being tested and monitored. What is this purpose and what happens if we fail, I do not know.

I am not saying that we should all be good samaritains, it isn't possible as we are very imperfect. But we should act on good conscience and most importantly, not do something to others when we wouldnt want the same done to us. Respect is a real good start

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I'm sure the truth of those experiences, though probably obscure and unintelligible to you now, holds much importance.

I won't say anything lame and cliche about people's personal journeys and how we should all awaken to our paths of goodness and purpose but what you said made me think of a couple quotes:

"We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die."

-Camus

and this one by who I feel is one of the greatest writers to ever live.

"I did not exist to write poems, to preach or to paint, neither I nor anyone else. All of that was incidental. Each man had only one genuine vocation- to find the way to himself...to discover his own destiny-not an arbitrary one-and live it out wholly and resolutely within himself. Everything else was only a would be existence, an attempt at evasion, a flight back to the ideals of the masses, conformity and fear of one's own inwardness...I was an experiement on the part of Nature, a gamble within the unknown, perhaps for a new purpose, perhaps for nothing, and my only task was to allow this game on the part of the primeval depths to take it's course, to feel it's will within mine and make it wholly mine. That or nothing!"

-Hesse

[edit on 4-3-2009 by djr33222]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Life is just like a school and our actions are grades. Higher purpose awaits those who succeeded the tests, and I am convinced we are being tested and monitored. What is this purpose and what happens if we fail, I do not know.

Maybe karma and/or reincarnation await those who 'fail' the test?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It's very comforting and inspiring to see life as having some sort of a built in purpose, like a great big school room, if you pass the class you move on to the next level. Very logical and makes sense as long as the lessons make sense as you go along.

In my case I think one too many crash and burns in my life, personally and professionally, erased this embraced point of view and left me with a very jaded one. What i have learned thus far from this class is that nothing is ever what it seems or works out as planned and that for the most part most people suck. lol

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Life is not only a school but the perfect educational system for the soul. How does it work?

Take a soul, give it free will, then place it in a world with infinite possibility.

Any decision that soul makes will lead it to a lesson it needs to learn.

Cheat on a spouse, you learn about fidelity. Rob a bank and learn stealing is wrong, Hurt a friend and you in kind will be hurt.

Life is an idiot proof educational system.

Then again, that's just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Great concept! Now only if it worked that way all of the time for everyone everywhere. If you ignore all of the examples of people who don't grow from their errors/sins, then such a perception can be preserved and gives life some direction/meaning.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Life is a school and there are many tribulations.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
Great concept! Now only if it worked that way all of the time for everyone everywhere. If you ignore all of the examples of people who don't grow from their errors/sins, then such a perception can be preserved and gives life some direction/meaning.

In any school you are free to ignore the lessons, skip class, shoot spit balls at the teacher, in general be a screw up.

You just don't get to graduate to the next level until you have learned the lessons this one was meant to teach you.

I freely admit, I may be wrong.

wupy

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I agree that life is one big school and that if you don't pass the first time then you have to try again.

In my experience life throws the same things over and over at you until you learn from them and change. Then once that lesson is learnt you go on to the next lesson, over and over till you get it right.

From what I can observe there is no other meaning in life except to learn, and it is inevitable for everybody, but what comes at the end I don't really know.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Do you mean like karma??

I think it's a very real thing

top topics

join