It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

194 Pilot Whales with Dolphins Beached in Australia - Big Earthquake to Happen?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is not a new theory and can be found everywhere if you look for it. Why something hasn't been done with it before...

Do a google search on beached earthquakes (don't laugh at my methods) and the first page is full of relevant info.
www.deafwhale.com...
Try that one too. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'll be keeping an eye on the news for the next couple of weeks. Nice thread.

How do I star and flag?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

LOL you click the button that says "flag" and then you click on the blank star.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Im not dismissing your claim that an earthquake is iminant but Id be looking at US navy for these strandings.Their technology cares nothing for the enviroment and thier powerful sonar is known to completely mess with
Whales and Dolphins.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The USA and its allies have been using really powerful sonar technology that messes these poor creatures up. They were probably trying to get away from the noise. Considering the low value these people place on human life, it's unlikely that a humanitarian outcry will change their ways.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moreonethananyone
Im not dismissing your claim that an earthquake is iminant but Id be looking at US navy for these strandings.Their technology cares nothing for the enviroment and thier powerful sonar is known to completely mess with
Whales and Dolphins.

I didn't say an Earthquake is going to happen for sure, I have said when I have heard about beachings, I have noticed strong earthquakes have happened a few days later.

I have paid attention to that fact, because I began wondering if they were affected by large quakes.

So, this is information............... we can all "watch" together and see if a large quake happens in the next few days around there.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Unless you can pinpoint these beachings consistently with earthquakes I don't think they're related.

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but there seemed to be a direct correlation between the recent beachings in Manila and the major earthquake swarm to the Southeast of the Philippines:

Thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's not always a direct correlation, but it has happened.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Myabe the heavens gates people were right and the whales hitched a ride to heaven on the latest asteroid.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If someone else mentioned it, I'm sorry, I didn't read the entire thread...

Don't these migratory animals rely on magnetic lines for navigation? I'm pretty sure they do. The hammerhead shark does, for sure... Birds do also. They can SEE magnetic north.

So, if something were amiss with the magnetic field, it would send them wherever the lines diverge to.
This seems like the most likely scenario to me.

They beach themselves because, for some reason, the magnetic lines they normally follow turn inward.

This could also be a precurssor to an EQ event, I would assume.... Divergence in magnetic field causing the plates to slip over the molten interior against one another...
Charles Hapgood likened the earth to an egg. Solid outer shell over a "molten" interior... If it is spun the wrong way, the crust can SLIP over the interior. This was his reasoning for earth crust displacement... I feel it relies on magnetic forces for this to occur.

I also feel this is why whales occasionally beach themselves (the magnetic fluctuations)...
I would worry when we begin to see huge beachings.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
ro.uow.edu.au...

information and physical evidence re ancient tsunami's likely caused by the Macquarie ridge in the region . _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Great post, QA! Keep up the good work.

I still think you should start a scientific study of your own about strange animal occurrences and earthquake prediction. I really think you have latched onto something important here!

Jay-in-Ar-

Great theory.

My add on to your theory of how it relates to a predicted pole shift:

If it's true that the earth's crust slips following the shifting of the EM fields (ley lines), then that would make sense why earthquakes happen after mass beachings of cetaceans (dolphins/whales.)

As the poles begin to shift, the ley lines follow (the poles and the ley lines are all a part of earth's EM field, so you can't shift one without shifting the other)....and as the ley lines move, the dolphins and whales continue to follow them right into the land....so we have mass beachings.

Which is why mass beachings precede earthquakes....the beachings are just an outward symptom of the earth's EM fields shifting. The dolphins and whales are just affected faster than the tectonic plates are affected.

A lot of researchers lately have been talking about a pole shift being imminent in the near future. We could be witnessing the beginning of another major pole shift.

First, the poles shift...the EM fields (ley lines) follow...then, the whales/dolphins beach themselves..... the earth crust slips....and earthquakes happen.....and if it continues....

If we're starting to see lots of beachings, and many more earthquakes (which I think we are, if you read the headlines lately), this could mean that the pole shift that they have been talking about for so long, could be happening.....right now.

Maybe this is what you meant, and I just rephrased it.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i`ve read the posts on this thread,very interesting ,at least that`s what i thought about 20 years ago,when it first was noted that,waves of sonar can and will disrupt whale ect. migration,however ,pealientologists have discovered many similar strandings in their hundreds fossilized remaines of these creatures have been found in numbers all over the world,suggesting an alternative for sonar is applicable to earthquakes being one of the earth forces,depending on the size,that would interfere with magnetic poles ,not to mention what might have been happening in near space then and now!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i`ve just been reading the thread,there are many and varied reasons for whale ,dolfins,ect. stranding themselves,for many years now ,paelientologists have discovered similar mass strandings fossilized on old beach sediments,ect,although i dont discount the fact that millitary sonar ,and whatever else they have.dose impact on some marine spiecies.but i beleve these strandings to have been going on since time imemorable,i can recall many strandings in the seventies to the nintys,that had nothing to do with immenent earthquakes,oh,and by the way indonesian islands are about 7000mls from the tasmanian coast,so have there been any recent strandings in the north atlantic or western pacific ???

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Yeah, that was basically what I was getting at.

Although, I would like to note that this doesn't necessarily mean that the poles are about to flip...

Just that we're about to see a quake.
Although, I would venture a guess that the mechanisms may very well be related all around.

Also, just to note, the appearance of beachings wouldn't necessarily mean there was even a quake in the near future... Just that it could be a warning sign as the magnetic lines are obviously being thrown akilter.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Maybe animals are just more in tune with whats going on on the grand scale that we could ever understand...

Cue so long and thanks for all the fish?

hope i did that right ^^

[edit on 2/3/2009 by Irishwolf]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about a sudden pole-shift, though...

I think the forces required for that to happen would be tremendous.
Let's think about the egg example.

In order for the crust to slip over the yolk, you would need an immediate reversal in the spin of the crust.

The only way I can envision that on a grand scale would be for a massive, and I mean truly MASSIVE object to pass by at high velocity spinning the crust counter to the spin of the interior....

If that were to happen, we would all be dead anyhow, so it doesn't matter much to the point.

However, I can definately see the link between beachings and earthquakes... and apparently the data shows the same.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Irishwolf

I love that video! I've seen it before. Thanks for posting it again.
And yes, I do agree with you, the animals are more "attuned" to things than we are.

I will say, however, that I think the EM fields are not just affecting the animals on earth, but also the humans. We just don't notice it in ourselves, becasue we are "too close" to the problem.

Whereas the shifting EM fields screw up the animal's navigation routes, I think it screws with our brain state, and is responsible for much of the so called "craziness" that is happening in the world right now. We attribute our societal behavioral problems to lax morals or whatever....but not something as simple as a shifting EM field. (although I also think poor diet, fluoride in the water, etc... can also be contributing to it.)

Look at the bees......the bats......all of them are suffering similar problems. It would stand to reason that humans would also be affected.

I have theories of what could be the cause for this EM shift (and it's not a large asteroid or planet passing nearby), but I'm writing a book/screenplay, so I don't want to spoil the ending! LOL!

But seriously....I think it's also affecting us humans, too. We just don't see it as clearly. It's not causing us to drive off the highways, but it is I think causing us to alter our behavior and develop behavioral problems.

I also don't think that we're going to have a physical flipping of the poles, either.....but I do think that a magnetic flip is coming, and I think it's been proven by geologists that a magnetic pole shift is quite common in earth's history.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Submarine Countermeasure?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Although not related, it's about to get pretty windy where I am. The police even sent text messages to every mobile in the state to warn them of strong winds.
www.bom.gov.au...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MEATPIE

It seems there are not as many whales in the Atlantic Ocean, as there is in the Pacific Ocean. I will keep looking, but this is what I have found. Also, I can remember some beachings, BUT there have not been the "enormous" quakes in the Atlantic, as there has been in the Pacific.

This is a theory, I believe, is worth watching.......

link: graysreef.noaa.gov...

Right whales are the only large baleen whales regularly seen along the southeastern coast of the United States. They have been adopted as the official marine mammal for the State of Georgia. The right whale was heavily hunted by commercial whalers until the 1950s. The right whale got its name because it was the "right whale to kill. It was a slow swimmer, produced large amounts of oil and baleen, and it floated after it was harpooned. These characteristics made the right whale a favorite target for whalers.

Scientists estimate that between 200 to 300 right whales may be left in the western North Atlantic population. Other populations of right whales are found along the South African coast and along the coast of Argentina. These populations of whales apparently do not mix with each other.

It is a puzzle why the gray whale of the Pacific has recovered from being heavily hunted while the right whale has not. Laws protecting these whales are equally strong and have been enforced for an equal amount of time. Gray whales have increased from near extinction to 16,000 individuals since the 1950s. Right whale populations have not increased during the same time period. This leads scientists to believe that other environmental problems such as water pollution and collisions with and sounds from ships may affect the right whales more than the gray whale. One concern is that the right whale may disappear entirely before we can learn enough about it to help it recover.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join