It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

194 Pilot Whales with Dolphins Beached in Australia - Big Earthquake to Happen?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sonar could be responsible - (as it many times is)
but I would have to say that your theory is just as plausible as a likely contributor.
I stopped listening to some of the scientists long ago.
For being such "big" minded people they can live in some very small boxes.
It's funny the way that works.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I DREAMT a huge earthquake would happen in new zealand in the next couple of wks. i mentioned it on another post of mine.

tasmania is just west of new zealand. NZ lies on a major fault line and is overdue for a huge quake. bring it on

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yeah I'll definetly be watching over the next few days for earthquakes in that area. I believe animals try to give us warnings of earthquakes and this right here is the whales way.
I also have seen how the beachings of these animals and the earthquakes are in a way linked and am not gonna be surprised at all if an earthquake happens, I'm almost expecting it.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Beachings have been a mystery long before Ship sonars, thats not to say they are not a factor in modern day beachings however.

If the beachings continue then I would say some larger event is on the way.

Lets also think for a moment on this. While 100+ whales/Dolphins beaching themselves is tragic, it is a very tiny percentage of the Cetaceans found in their region. So you have to ask yourself "Why these and no others?".

These are still creatures of the "pac" (pod) mentality and where Aplha goes so goes the others and like fog on a slippery highway an aweful accident is waiting to happen.

Actually I would be more concerned if there was a sighted mass movement of these creature -away- from land and into deep water.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Three lines of thought in this thread:
1. EQs can be predicted by beachings
2. Beachings can be caused by military high power sonar
3. Beachings are unrelated to either

Personally, I believe that both #1 and #2 are correct. I mean, isn't it the same thing to the whales/dolphins? If an EQ is getting ready to pop, there may be some way for these highly sensitive creatures to be affected by it. I find this very logical. Similarly, certain sonar tech may have the same effect.

If this beaching is not due to military sonar, I'd expect a 7+ magnitude quake to strike somewhere around New Zealand very soon (within 72-96 hours?). Then again, even if EQ related, we no nothing about what it is that causes the beachings so pinpointing is difficult. It could be anywhere from NZ westward (south of AU) toward the southeast indian ridge.

And this is all a big IF.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What will be interesting is if a big quake Does happen
Then we will have some reference to study the beachings or to use them as imminent warnings, if nothing happens then I would say it is sonar or other man made interferance, or that it could be something completely random and only the whales know why the are doing it.

Time will tell but I'd say something will happen by tommorrow or the next day or it won't. if it was any longer I wouldn't think the beaching could be used as an indicater.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
www.blinkx.com...

above is a video of the recent beached whales.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Last November, 150 long-finned pilot whales died after beaching on a rocky coastline in Tasmania so there was no earthquakes at the time. I am fascinated this theory whether a big earthquake will happen in the next few days but does look very unlikely.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I would say the most likely cause would be the aquatic mammal equivalent of the Heaven's Gate cult and the recent green comet, not to mention ancient dolphin prophecies regarding 2012 and the collapse of the world economy...

Ehm... No?

Okay, well, the earthquakes idea I have one problem with: Why wouldn't these animals have developed a coping mechanism after all these millenia in the ocean? If that's all it takes to get them to commit suicide, maybe they're better off dead.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
Okay, well, the earthquakes idea I have one problem with: Why wouldn't these animals have developed a coping mechanism after all these millenia in the ocean?

Because it is a non gradual, immediate event that follows no patterns at all.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have noticed that whenever the total number of earthquakes drops around or below 160 on the world map of the USGS earthquake page, a large quake of magnitude 7.0 or above almost follows within about 4 days, somewhere in the world.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Whales and Dolphins, as well as birds follow earth magnetic grid lines. That's their GPS so to speak.
Now, certain events bring these magnetic grid lines out of balance. Currently the magnetic field of the earth is getting weaker with the poles already uncovered. That leads to cosmic wave bombardment with builds a tension within the earth. This could lead to accumulation of volcanic activity and earth quakes. Whenever such an event is about to happen, the magnetic field gets disrupted.
Also, high voltage that's used i.e. in Alaska with HAARP can cause electromagnetic disruptions.

Birds fall from the sky, whales and dolphins strand......

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There could be a large amount of high frequency screeching and clicking caused by the stress in the ocean floor and the brains of certain sea creatures that navigate using sonar could interpret that in the same way our brains interpret bright light - and it is almost blinding for them, so they try to escape it.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by blackhatchet]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Solar wind interferes with the Magnetosfere that interferes with ionosfere that interferes with energetic lay lines that interferes with tectonic plate movement that interferes with volcano activity that interferes with Magnetosphere again that interferes with ionosphere that interferes GEOSPHERE that interferes with whales navigation system.

I do think they can be related YES nice theory.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

ALSO HAVE A LOOK IN THIS ARTICLE

1: Headache. 1994 Jan;34(1):41-3.
Related Articles, Links

Geomagnetic activity, humidity, temperature and headache: is there any correlation?

De Matteis G, Vellante M, Marrelli A, Villante U, Santalucia P, Tuzi P, Prencipe M.

Department of Neurology, University of L'Aquila, Italy.

Meterological factors influence several biological functions. Geomagnetic activity (GMA) can be considered a trigger factor of migraine attacks. We studied the possible relationship between 40 migraine patients and some meteorological factors: humidity, temperature and geomagnetic activity in particular. All frequency changes of geomagnetic activity, temperature and humidity values are recorded daily. The study was performed from March to June 1988 over a geographically small area in order to avoid climatic and environmental influences. Our results indicate a significant correlation between geomagnetic activity and migraine attack frequency. Controversial opinions concerning the modalities of data collection and the possible relationships between environment and headache raise the need of further studies.

PMID: 8132439 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

AND ALSO
"A controversial theory, researched by Jim Berkland, a former geologist with the U.S. Geological Survey, attributes the strange behaviour to radical changes in the Earth's magnetic field just prior to earthquakes and in the general area of earthquakes. Berkland says when this occurs, it interferes with sea mammals' and even migratory birds' ability to navigate, which explains the mass beachings. He says even dogs and cats can sense the disruptions, which explains elevated rates of runaway pets in local newspapers a day or two before earthquakes occur. Research on Earth's magnetic field and how it is affected by moving tectonic plates and earthquakes is ongoing." en.wikipedia.org...

TKS FOR YOUR POST

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Refluir]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

If low frequency whale communication can travel thousands of miles, I am sure the whales can pick up the changes in earth sound and vibrations thousands of miles from their own location.

They adjust course as soon as these sounds are picked up on, thus beaching themselves since to them the new direction is an unkown migration line.

So with that in mind, who is not to say that a quake in Tasmania is not related.

If a person hits a hammer on a wall several walls away, you do not know where the hammer is hitting but it reverberates through the wall structure and you hear it, and it effects you.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Maybe they were all in a cult and did a mass suicide trying to hitch a ride on comet Lulin?

On a side note I feel bad if this is from some kind of human action. We wont be happy until all the other creatures of earth are dead.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by way2slo]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So what are they doing with the dead whales?

Can I get them and sell them to the Japanese?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I was gonna chime in with the magnetosphere issue as well, but another poster beat me to it.

I am in NorCal and when I got in to work this morning there were cracks in the wood moulding around the ceiling... something's cookin'.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Tasmania has experienced about 540 beachings in the past 22 weeks, including four mass strandings in the past three months

the animals are commonly stranded in areas where there is coal, oil and gas exploration going on through the use of siesmic activities.

only large mass beachings make the news now a days, you will only get small beachings as stories if it a slow news day.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ok, so why let the Japanese kill whales, for supposed scientific research.
Why not just give them, or sell them, dead beached whales?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join