It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance???????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Why is it that certain threads, which offer highly speculative and quite possibly opinionated and flawed concepts very often get so many replies on this board? And why is it that when someone comes with concrete scientific solutions to that thread that the thread dies instantly, or that they start a new thread which doesn't get any replies?

In short...

Why do the most ignorant and stupid threads always get a lot of replies???

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i think i said this before somewhere, but if it requires much reading, and has more than 10 sentences, people tend not to respond...

another reason could be that there is just sooo much here...things sometimes get lost in the mix.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I too have pondered this. I do find it amusing when ignorant and stupid threads gets charged up replies and feel like an idiot when i get wasted and reply to them.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think the stupid posts get more replies because more people feel confident in their understanding of the subject or lack of it, so it is easy to post a reply. Intelligent posts dealing with more complex issues may be difficult for some members to comment on because they may not have a good understanding of the material thereby limiting their ability to comment. Although it is frustrating to spend a great deal of time polishing an original and complex post and see it slip into oblivion.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
And why is it that when someone comes with concrete scientific solutions to that thread that the thread dies instantly...?

Quite simple, my dear Bandit.
When faced with the truth that not everything is a conspiracy, people play ostrich and stick their heads in the proverbial sand to avoid it.

Think about it.

-B.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I put a lot of time and effort in creating my Syria has WMD thread, and then hand copied a PDF report for 30 minutes to make my israeli arms sale thread, and both received little attention. Well the syria one did semi good but it was the same ol folks, I like to hear more opinions. And the israeli one, man it just died hard after all the effort and thought.

Meanwhile particular threads like "Will anything happen in our lifetime" or "Jesus was gay" get so much hype its dispicable.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
I put a lot of time and effort in creating my Syria has WMD thread, and then hand copied a PDF report for 30 minutes to make my israeli arms sale thread, and both received little attention. Well the syria one did semi good but it was the same ol folks, I like to hear more opinions. And the israeli one, man it just died hard after all the effort and thought.

Meanwhile particular threads like "Will anything happen in our lifetime" or "Jesus was gay" get so much hype its dispicable.

you like that "will anythang MAJOR happen in our lifetimes" thread right???

that gave me good points

anyway, any of you like ma sig.???

EDIT: dont cry 47, im shure your next thread will get a little more attention

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

anyway, any of you like ma sig.???

Yeah its inflammatory. I agree that we help Israel too much but I wouldnt go that far. But keep rocking it whatever.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Maybe something like a MR award for those who repeatably post and get replies to an ignorant topic. If all goes well it'll curve the ignorance when the masses figure out what the MR award is.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

And why is it that when someone comes with concrete scientific solutions to that thread that the thread dies instantly...?

When faced with the truth that not everything is a conspiracy, people play ostrich and stick their heads in the proverbial sand to avoid it.

Think about it.

-B.

You called it, I think. Concrete scientific solutions don't offer as much room to let peoples imaginations run away with em.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
And see the quality of some of the threads in that page www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Yep, it really does seem so. And there are so many "deny ignorance" avatars around...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I've found people have a real aversion to reading. I've posted some really deep stuff, which had some basis in reality that I could tell, but since it was more than a paragraph long... no takers.

Then I posted the same Idea in 20 words or less and got a lot more responses. I read the long ones right away as much as I can, because those are the ones that live up to our motto, for the most part.

DC

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
maybe sum people hate to read??? lol

not me, i love readin' lilblamz crazy "there is NO God" #! lol

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think sometimes you make an argument that is so good that people dont really feel like discussing it because everything has already been said.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Why do the most ignorant and stupid threads always get a lot of replies???

Because of people like me.

This seems like a pretty ignorant thread, with aboslutely no scientific evidence, and a short and to the point proposal.

Thus, I have responded.

EDIT: I'm not saying you're ignorant because of the thread or anything...I
m just sayin, come on...this question is not nearly as daunting as, oh, the purpose of life, creation of the universe, or where to find the right stuff at the right price (Academy. Problem solved.)

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I think sometimes you make an argument that is so good that people dont really feel like discussing it because everything has already been said.

they should at least compliment (sp???) the person for making a "good" post right???

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Good point. I tend to look at everything I can from every angle I'm able, and sometimes I put posts up like that. Personally, I don't think I make arguements so good that everything is already said.... If I did, I'd be kickin' back readin' a book right now.

No I wouldn't. I'd still be sweating bullets!

DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Much of it has to do with age, as to getting intellectual responces to intellectually wriiten threads. What percentage of members are under the age of 16 here? I would think the majority are young...so, go figure.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
true true... old men like ma good father dont know # about da computer...

ma grandmaz just learnin how 2 use a cell phone

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join