It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy Against ATS?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

There are now 2 (two) "new" threads about a brutal deputy treatment of 15 year old girl.

Just don't want to interpret this

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just as a tradesman at times might question or contemplate the conditions of his tools so might the researcher of conspiracies. ATS is one of those tools by it's own proclamation.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
ATS is one of those tools by it's own proclamation.

By its own proclamation... exactly...

have you seen disinformation in action? connecting the dots around here gets pretty frightening sometimes...

I wouldn't go any further than "entertainment" on this site... real conspiracy material is better found elsewhere...

I'll stop there... I don't know if this counts as OT or not lol

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
edit; Actually, I already said it.

This whole thread is based on random generalizations and anekdotes of groups of people with a certain opinion. Basically, it's just trash.

That's Neformore's opinion...

It even says in his post "The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion."

So you're essentially saying that the 'real issue' is the fact that one person has an opinion which is contrary to your own?

He even says:
"Disclaimer - I'm not out to start a witch hunt or poke fingers at anyone here. I'm certainly not inferring that anyone who has been involved in debating the issues that I've mentioned above is in the frame. What I am saying is that sometimes you - as members- and we - as staff - our are having our buttons pushed for us - quite deliberately in my opinion "

So what's the real problem?
Is it just this thread or is it something more?

Meh... I just don't get all the hub-bub...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

This whole thread is based on random generalizations and anekdotes of groups of people with a certain opinion. Basically, it's just trash.

Let's guess why this thread was put here.

What precedent does it set?

Who gains from that precedent?

Why was it so fiercely protected, and no criticism allowed?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

Jeah, so.

I'm in opposition to this thread and his opinion, so?

"Disclaimer - I'm not out to start a witch hunt or poke fingers at anyone here. I'm certainly not inferring that anyone who has been involved in debating the issues that I've mentioned above is in the frame. What I am saying is that sometimes you - as members- and we - as staff - our are having our buttons pushed for us - quite deliberately in my opinion "

Still, he posted what he posted, and I got the message.

[edit on 1/3/09 by enigmania]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
One thing that ive noticed is the #of stars and flags on this thread compared to the top four topics on the homepage. I know that it IS on the home page but its not top 4 where the next closest has like 20 stars and is 22 hours old. This one has 95 stars and is 28 hours old. Im not sure how it works exactly but it seems odd. The thread im refering too has also been refrenced as one of the "hate-speach" examples....hmmm

edit: sorry i ment flags

[edit on 1-3-2009 by eyeforalie]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Jeah, so.

I'm in opposition to this thread and his opinion, so?

Because it seems to me that it's more than that.
That you believe there is some conspiracy or motive behind this (as your post above seems to suggest).

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

Like I said, I'd like to see what Neformore has to say.

I knew it stunk after reading the first lines.

It just didn't fully sink in immediately.

There was a post on the first page that actually already summed it up pretty much.

It got more than 50 stars.

There are a lot of people that think it stinks. Silently.

[edit on 1/3/09 by enigmania]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
reply to post by jfj123

maybe I do? Most don't though. still a nice chunk of the skeptical populace is known and ready for termination.

Yep termination by a determination of ATS?

The Anti-Terror Squad?

hehehe

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Is the debate challenge with Intrepid canceled now?

Nope, I just thought that you might need a couple of days to get ready. I'm off work in an hour. I'll post it after that.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Let's guess why this thread was put here.

Hmmm...to make it clear that it is what it is and that is the only reason you get.

What precedent does it set?

Dont ask questions.

Who gains from that precedent?

They do

Why was it so fiercely protected, and no criticism allowed?

Because its transparent. Any criticism will... be tossed out the window and will be labled as "off topic"

I would still like the ones who these questions were ment for to answer them.

Till then...Dare I???

Edit: whoops got a little goofy with the quotes

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I can't believe some of the arguments that the moderators and administrators have been making with regards to the subject.

Yes... the topic of drugs is illegal. But what people are angry about is that they aren't able to discuss it. Serious posters like me aren't able to talk about the legalization issues, the pros and cons, I am not a drug addict but I certainly would like to talk about the political aspect of it.

I looked at the OP's first post. I agree that there have been people here posting some really outrageous things. But are they bigots? Or, perhaps they're just against Obama because he's a Democrat, and they're against Israel due to the anti-Israel propaganda on the net. Does that mean we censor these topics?

I think not. I think we rather than have a no tolerance policy to these rules we should be more reasonable and have the mods step in when things get out of hand.

Here we have seen the moderators in this topic advocating for more censorship and then denying that they're doing any, hence, with the argument that this is a privately owned site and they can do anything they want to. ATS is about free speech and speech should not be restricted. Rather the best possible solution would be to allow the discussion of drugs and the conspiracies of drugs in such a way that doesn't encourage drug use, as, regardless of your stance, it is an illegal activity. But I think that we would be failing to deny ignorance if we stopped talking about the issue completely.

But I cannot believe mods here using double think. They're saying they aren't for censorship then they say they can control what topics to talk about. It's either one way or the other. It's either censorship or it's not. Censorship can be done throughout a private organization. It doesn't have to be via the government. But come on, just because you're anti-drug doesn't mean that you're against the discussion of it. My view is why not allow the discussion of it? We could possibly allow the discussion of drugs again in the spirit of denying ignorance.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm off to bed in a bit, so I'll be back later for it.

Linea Secundaris.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thanks mod for posting this.

This site is very educating and i for one am always going to read it.

The problem with the real world is that conspiracy theorists are touted as loons and liars etc etc and its hard to get them to listen without then listening to authority.

I pick up on those starting trouble quite quickly myself as its only natural to have a questioning mind. To supress the questioning mind is to be a zombie and take it like it is.

I also know i have to watch what i say as they use alot of reverse psychology to get people confused and on their side.

So you really have to study their tactics in order to reverse it so you are not stumbled on. Im sure you have been on this site long enough to be able to notice and do that.

Im good at picking out the bad guys and i study how they do things. It could also be sometthing simple like them acting dumb or calling out a word or pretending they cant write english not all but most of the time.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Please read all 24 pages if you have not already.

If you do what you say you do then you will see

edit: i cant count today

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well,
I think it's just a simple mindset that comes with Conspiracy Theorists... Every CT I have ever met in real life has ALWAYS been paranoid of authority.

This situation is no different.... Except that this site has the highest number of CT's all in one place...

Welcome to the Monster you have created...

[edit on 1-3-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Why am I seeing posts that aren't showing up in this thread?

second line

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ive been seeing the same thing...

What an odd day

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Why am I seeing posts that aren't showing up in this thread?

second line

If you are it's on your end. There aren't any anon posts on this page.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join