It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Flat Stanley" survived USAirways Flight 1549 in the Hudson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

"Flat Stanley" survived USAirways Flight 1549 in the Hudson

From 'Countdown With Keith Olbermann', 26 February 2009
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
(Mods, feel free to find the appropriate place...sorry, I don't know how to linky)...

Most have likely heard of Flat Stanley, he comes in many variations. It is a common concept for Grade-School teachers to get the kids involved in geography by sending Stanley on airplane rides around the World, and kind people will snap photos, fill out his journal (or 'logbook') and give the kids a real thrill.

I've had a Stanley or two, plus several stuffed animals brought to the cockpit for a pic, or a message.

Well, turns out a Kentucky school had one of their own on the USAir flight....it had come, most recently, from Paris to New York....and was in the briefcase of a guy standing on the left wing.

Stan has quite a tale to tell!! Finally, another heartwarming story for USAir 1549.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/26/0909 by weedwhacker]

EDIT....oh, and Mods, this may belong BTS? You know best!

[edit on 2/26/0909 by weedwhacker]

Admin Note:
linkage:
www.msnbc.msn.com...
mms://us.msmobvid.wm.msn.com/a1602/d1/PROD/Msnbc:Countdown/10151/e6551856-362b-4fad-97f1-f8b185ed7375.wmv?user=%visitor-id%

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I had a flat stanley at my house for a few weeks a while back too...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
One of my wife's cousin's kids (in Philadelphia) sent over a Flat Stanley for us to take pictures of next to the Sydney Opera House and the harbour bridge. That particular Stanley went all over the place...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Amazing. I have never heard of Flat Stanley before, so I looked it up. I wish I'd have been able to be a part of this program when I was in school.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Here are two flat Stanleys who visited with us last spring. They are helping with the release of birds on a training flight.

[edit on 2/27/2009 by roadgravel]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Thank you, roadgravel!!!

And, mekanic, for looking it up. I hadn't thought to look at Wiki....seems everything is there, if only people think to look!

EDIT....Oh! and thanks evasius and alaskan!

[edit on 2/27/0909 by weedwhacker]

new topics

top topics

join