It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rothschild, the bank built on gold, quits market

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Well,

The only reason I can see why they would get out of gold is because the market is going to dive

TUT

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
They are only leaving the gold futures market, you are right Tut, it is going to implode.

Rothschild's are still in the physical gold market which is where the next big money is going to be made.

Understand that these are two quite different things.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Doesn't the patroit act track gold purchases?

Is oil about to take it's place, as in, it's almost at a criticaly short supply?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Warpspeed,

I believe they have sold high in order to buy low. I have heard the market will soon be flooded with gold from an unknown source. In order to disrupt markets around the globe. I may be wrong, but I could be right. If I am correct, I will be more than happy to tell where the flood of gold came from. If I am wrong I will hold my piece.

TUT

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Heres a wild thought, maybe they didnt do anything at all. Maybe they put out a couple of news stories to see what kind of reaction it would have. See how jumpy the public is. Who knows. They do control the media dont they? Couldnt they just say anything?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Tut,

There are several other aspect of all of this as well. It is not simple to understand. The futures traders have been short selling gold for more than one reason.

What has been happening is that the bullion banks have been leasing gold, at very low interest rates. So smart operators lease the gold from the banks, and immediately sell it on the open market earning cash. They then buy US treasury bonds that pay more interest than the cost of the gold loan.

If you can borrow money at 2%, and invest it somewhere else and earn 5%, you make an absolute fortune. It is called the gold carry trade.

This has quite a few side effects that have made a lot of people very happy and very wealthy UP TILL NOW.

The first happy people are the bullion banks. Instead of having that moldy old gold sitting in a vault, it is now out earning interest. They keep it on their books as gold receivable, and the accountants write it up as an asset still held by the bank. The bank now has an empty vault, but the gold is still on their books as a bank asset.

The bullion traders are happy because they are selling all this gold and depressing the price. For years they were flooding the market and the price dropped to around $ 252 per ounce. As long as the price kept dropping they knew they could buy it back for less than they sold it in the first place, and make even more profit.

The FED and the government were happy because someone was buying all their treasury notes for cash, which kept the bond market buoyant. A low gold price also makes the US dollar look very strong as well, so they turned a blind eye to all the crooked goings on.

This game has been going on for years, but it must end when the gold supply held by central banks finally runs out. This is about to happen any time now. We now have a lot of very unhappy about to be bankrupt people.

First the central banks now realise that their vaults are empty and the gold is now in the hands of private investors. Those gold receivable slips are worth nothing, they are beginning to realise that their gold is now gone, and it is not coming back ! The amount of interest they have received is almost nothing compared to the value of the gold.

The next lot of unhappy people are the smart carry trade people. Originally gold was cheap to lease, and US interest rates were high. This spread is what made them wealthy. Unfortunately now, interest rates have dropped very low, and gold lease rates have risen sharply. The carry trade is now working in reverse and bleeding them dry. They cannot buy the gold back either, because if they try, the price is going to explode upwards. So they are completely trapped.

The FED and the government are in tears as well. Nobody wants treasury notes anymore, also the US dollar is sinking and gold is going up. As interest rates fall and the US dollar falls, more money gets sucked out of the USA and returns home to Japan and Europe.

The whole thing is about to collapse in a stinking heap. The only people that are laughing now, are the people

like me that bought some of that gold when it was dirt cheap well below $300 per ounce.

There is a lot more to this story, but I have tried to keep it as simple as possible.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Warpspeed,

Apparentlly you are much more aware of how gold is manipulated than thank you for your insight. I discoverd this just now as it relates to the situation and you and others may be interested, especially if you posses gold options or whatever you call them
Here it is

TUT

Since the Rothschilds have announced their intentions concerning gold and oil holdings, it seems that they wish to manipulate the market in some way. Much trading is done in an "inside" manner, in which a major investment group will sell commodities to itself or its scheming partners (via some seemingly separate front company/investor). This can push prices in a desired direction,
allowing the major investor to increase their holdings at a reduced price by knowing the market trend in advance, since they fomented market trends themselves. The Rothschilds must have a reason to be creating a trend at this point - maybe they wish to devaluate gold so that they can surreptitiously increase their gold holdings and pull out of other investments that are about to crash. Remember,
the Rothschilds made a killing in a past century by announcing falsely the outcome of a battle - if their press stooges say they are selling gold, they are probably increasing their gold holdings through some clever intrigue.

-Jed S.
www.love-god.com

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aware
Heres a wild thought, maybe they didnt do anything at all. Maybe they put out a couple of news stories to see what kind of reaction it would have. See how jumpy the public is. Who knows. They do control the media dont they? Couldnt they just say anything?

WoW, maybe my thought wasnt so wild after all?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The Rothchilds have got to be hoarding gold and just because they no longer trade or fix the price in london it doesnt mean they wont buy or hoard it still ....
if they flood the market with all the gold they have investors will take a beating the value of paper currency will become nill due to the fact almost none of it is backed up with any real value.....if they due this in coordination with other major gold holders it may set the precedent to get rid of paper currency altogether and set up digital transfers only ......meaning a nice little micro chip for the populace

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
For an interesting but lengthy read, it is interesting the corrolations that can be drawn between then and now.

Gold(hard) manipulation as well as the current paper markets, CAN be manipulated to produce a common interest net result.

Enjoy the read (top to bottom) as it well describes events previously experienced.

www.nex.net.au...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join