It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So suddenly we trust Fox News again huh?... Is Glenn Beck leading the revolution?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Good question. I have a formula for just this sort of thing:

If the Left in is power listen to the right more than the left, and if the right is in power listen to the left a little more. The reason I say this is because they are both wrong all the time, and they love airing out each others' dirty laundry. My suggestion? Don't take sides.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
With as much as Glenn talks about the things we do on this site so regularly, it makes you wonder if he's a member or a watcher here on ATS. I like Glenn. I think he's a good guy who really gives a #. He was doing exactly this on CNN. His Radio show has been on since before he joined either Fox or CNN. I don't think he is just repeating what is on his teleprompter. There are many places where he and I disagree. But he bashes the left as well as the right and he was not very nice to the Bush administration.

They're are going to make it seem like this is all Obama's baby, that's why they're talking about this stuff now, but I think alot of people realize that the problem we face now are created by the government regardless of of who's in power. Hence my formula.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You're really Glen Beck arnt you?!!?
GIVE UP I Found you out!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Haha. That's funny. But I'm hardly anonymous on this site. It would be easy to figure out whether I am or not.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I see through your lies! -.-
I'm watchin you!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
I must say, I'm a little confused right now. We all know Fox News is damn near 100% propaganda, or atleast we should know this by now.

I remember watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC when Bush was in office, and I felt like I couldn't trust him either (even though I agreed with a lot of what he had to say.)

So now we have Glenn Beck leading the charge, on Fox F'ing News! I'm sitting here on ATS watching thread after thread get posted about this guy, and I beg to ask the question once again.... Are they just feeding us crap that the audience wants to hear?

I would not trust anything I saw on *any* media outlet owned by Rupert Murdock. Period. That includes Fox, the Wall Street Journal, Sky News and uncounted others. I consider him to be the P.T. Barnum of media.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I find it very arrogant that the OP acts as if Glen Beck is the wrong 100% of the time.

The fact you put all of your chips on Obama and his News networks, who clearly is wreckless with spending OUR money is the right guy!

The more and more I read these forums, shines on people who clearly don't know ANYTHING about politics ..

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ubergrasshopper

You should look up the Bilderbergers Group, then you wont trust anyone.
Ahhhh, corporate control of American and International monetary funds lights the fire that feeds the bonfire of this global collapse.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Injustice for All

You don't know much about politics either. Politics is ideology. Ideology is not a replacement for facts and figures. If you put McCain or Obama in the Oval Office the result would be the same. Economics is a SCIENCE you cannot influence with POLITICS because political ideology is not open to new information. Kinda like religious people trying to teach ID in class rooms when there's no data to support it. It doesn't work, and the sooner we let the market do it's job the better off we will be.

As far as Glenn Beck is concerned, I agree with you. He's probably not the guy whose wrong here. But you're not right either.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I don't trust any of the traditional news outlets, haven't for a long time. Sure I'll park it on CNN or Fox to see whats the soup de jour for the day's news, but most of the time I park it on CNBC or any other financial mainly because they are...less scripted of the bunch.

Sadly I missed the Rick Santelli rant live, but I managed to catch it on Youtube.

Something that needs to be taken into account here (and something I think no one has hit on or said...if I'm wrong I'm sorry) is something that was said a couple days after Santelli's Tea Party Call. Rick said that he usually said stuff like that, but on that particular day and at that time he hit a chord with the American People. And that is why I think it strikes us as odd. Engineered or not, things are being said now that are making people think. Think about where they stand in relation to one another and to their government (hopefully).

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

Well if you liked Rick Santelli's rant, then you should watch Glenn Beck everyday. Also Lou Dobbs. These are the only three MSM TV people sending the right message's.

Down with Big Govt.
Power in the People and the State's.

This is what everyone of them are saying.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I do watch them when I'm in the mood, but I don't like CNN/Fox mainly because they have scripts. CNBC is much more real time during the day. I'm sure there was a producer during Rick's rant going:

"Oh #! *red phone rings*"

Another thing is that I get the feeling at times that Glenn and Lou are treated with kid gloves and kept at arms length. Sure they advertise and do little things on other programs on their networks, but anyone who's watched CNBC as of the last few days has seen that they've embraced talking about Tea Parties and everytime Santelli comes on they mention something about it.

Here's my measure of how unscripted it must be. Lou and Glenn don't get a gritted teeth response from Obama's press secretary after they do something inflammatory do they?
Supposedly now the name Rick Santelli drives the guy insane now.

Makes me want to write a book that only says Rick Santelli written for 1000 pages to him

[edit on 2/25/2009 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well, I watched Beck's show ob the 20th of February, and I must say that it was simply a fear mongering session.

Those "we like America" folks at FOX News sure have a funny way of showing their esteem sometimes. Take, for example, Glenn Beck's February 20, 2009 show in which he did his darnedest to scare viewers into thinking that the country is on the road to Apocalypse. In a paranoid fantasy spun out over several segments, Beck and a series of guests set forth a number of dire "worst-case scenarios" for the United States in 2014. During each segment, Beck gave viewers the disclaimer that the apocalyptic visions he and his guests presented were not predictions of what would happen but merely what could happen. And yet Beck and his guests spoke as though the doomsday scenarios, including civil war, were a likelihood, if not a fait accompli.
Civil war

Now, I myself have claimed on several occasions, even posted a thread about it, here at ATS. However, I do not necessarily see it as an inevitability.With the way Beck and his cohorts acted, it is a certainty.

Here is a link to my thread where I discussed, at length, the possiblity of civil war in America. Declining Middle Class and the coming Civil War

I think it pertinent to understand that Beck is a religious man who believes Armageddon is upon us. He perpetuates his doom and gloom scenario with such programs as what he produced the other night.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

But that is his right under the first amendment as both a freedom of speech and in freedom of the press.

Suddenly I feel dirty for defending the Mainstream Media. Anyway, that's something we have to remember when these rants or shows are made, that they are one person's take on events or events to come.

You are right, we are in a unique collision of events right now that could lead to civil war, world war, or any of a hundred other outcomes. You say that that program was meant to fear monger, and yes it was, but it also showed people that there are long-term consequences to their actions today. I've started seeing this here and there in stories that I've been reading that we're starting to address the problem of generational theft. A little late, but still, the fact that someone is talking about it finally is refreshing.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think this is a case of the honeymoon with Barack drawing to an end. The other major news companies ratings are in the dirt, but fox's numbers are flying high.

Why? Because the public is beginning to see right through Barack and the MSM that got him elected. When this happens most folks don't seek out an alternate 3rd party news source - just like in elections.

Its liberal or conservative - no other choice for most.

We know there are alternate news sources and you can only truly educate yourself by reading as much as possible, mostly between the lines, and drawing your own conclusion.

As for Glen Beck - yes he is an admitted conservative BUT he'll throw blame at the republicans as quickly as the democrats. I believe Beck says what he thinks is right and isn't on a mission like Olberman or Limbaugh.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

You appear to have an irrational view of Fox News. I watch all the various available News Programs. I like to have the info from all sides. For the most part they are all identical as far as news is concerned. They all report the same things.

Glenn Beck is not a news reporter, he is a commentator. His show is his opinion. It is important to know the difference. You can find commentators with pretty much any view point you prefer. Of course if you limit your viewing to only commentators who agree with you all the time, you won't learn much and you are in danger of becoming a groupie or a sheep.

I find people who only listen to shows that are in lockstep with their opinions to be the least informed due to the blindness their personal biases cause. Knowing that people on both sides of the aisle lie or manipulate information, it is even more important people consider all sources.

Beck is new to me, but the couple of shows I watched were on topics covered here. Does that mean I should not view ATS???

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Yea buts its only the people to care to even realize whats going on that are becoming desensitized, i personally know the more people i talk about this too the more people are like wtf as soon as I begin to put together facts from about a year of researching this stuff.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Beck is new to me, but the couple of shows I watched were on topics covered here. Does that mean I should not view ATS???

For the most part, the other commentators on Fox are just on a full out hate parade with absolutely no direction. Hannity just hates Obama but loves to defend Republicans. O'Reilly...he's just an ass. He just tries to tell his audience what "he thinks" they want him to say so he can keep his audience and ratings.

Glenn Beck actually reports news. He didn't have the ratings at all before and he was saying many of the same things then that he is now. The difference? It's starting to become truthful.

As you stated, he discusses many topics talked about here yet now let's say he's apart of the whole thing for bringing it up?

I guess it's better if he doesn't speak about it...but wait...he still may be in on it then too right?

Fox is keeping him quiet so no one finds out about their REAL agenda then too right?

Cripes people....get a grip. Not everyone is out to get you.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
We have to remember that Glen Beck is a Morman, and Joe Smith did carry a Talisman on his person until the day he died. For those familiar with occult and esoteric symbolism, this in itself raises a red flag. Last Friday on Glen Beck, did anyone else notice Beck asking what will happen when the US is no longer able to be the "world police"? It seemed to me that he was implying that the world needs a world police, and if the US can not do it, who will? I felt as if he was laying a foundation of some sort. Any message put out by CFR media, including Beck, is done with a purpose. I don't trust Beck, News Corp, or CFR, and I am curious why Ron Paul has been allowed as much airtime as he has recently(notably 2-25-09, CNBC). It almost seems like a pseudo revolution is being written and forced? could this be more problem, action, solution?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Stop.

US media = propaganda.

They learned well off the Nazis and Soviets. Every major news channel in America is pushing a person's or party's agenda.

FOX, MSNBC, CNN etc. It doesn't matter.

Taking anything they say completely as truth is not a good idea.

While we are on the topic of FOX, it seems that some of you haven't seen OUTFOXED.

It should remove any doubt from your minds that FOX are simply the propaganda wing of the Republican party.

That is only the trailer. Watch the whole documentary HERE and educate yourself about how far from News they really are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join