It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taste of the Absurd Theater

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Killer Clowns From Outer Space

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

How could I have forgotten that one. That movie along with It surely gave people phobias.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In the spirit of comedy...I bring you my favorite scene from a classic cheese-fest horror movie.

Silent Night Deadly Night 2

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the contributions, NYK

In honor of the imminent end of civilization I thought I'd go for some mondo-apocolypto...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I present "The Conqueror" Starring John Wayne as Genghis Khan! Yes, I own that little monster.

Edit to add:
By the way no horses were harmed in filming this. These horses were trained for this kind of thing.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Deson]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Excellent choice on The Conqueror, Deson. Am I wrong in remembering this as the film that was shot on top of a toxic waste dump?

For my next entry, more post-apocalyptic trash. What do you get when you mix Escape from New York with The Warriors?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
After a bit of a hiatus, here is my next submission... not a movie trailer, but truly absurd.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
Excellent choice on The Conqueror, Deson. Am I wrong in remembering this as the film that was shot on top of a toxic waste dump?

Not so much on top of a toxic waste dump but more like area contaminated by radioactive fallout from nuclear testing. To make things worse when they needed to re-shoot some scenes they trucked in more of the radioactive dirt into the studio!!

This may or may not be confirmed but I've heard that there seem to be a higher than normal incidence of cancer among the actors who were in that flick.

Edited to add info from Wikipedia concerning the flick and the radiation.
Wikipedia article

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Deson]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Well, they obviously had nothing to worry about. I give you a real blast from the past in this excerpt on the 'truth' about nuclear fallout.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join