It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taste of the Absurd Theater

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
In the Ninjas vs Pirates thread I posted a couple clips I remembered from my heyday as a collector of movies that ranged from simply bizarre to WTF! Well, that got me thinking, the world is in a pretty absurd position right now and perhaps a touch of some absurdity that people might find funny could be a good idea.

For the first post I'm tacking up a clip from the blisteringly bad Shark Attack 3: Megalodon. I hope you enjoy.

WARNING: If you are offended by incredibly fake footage of giant sharks swallowing people whole, you might not want to watch.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'll play along too. Here is the trailer for what truly horrendous Martial arts film. It went by the name of "5 elements Ninjas" and "Chinese super ninjas". Brought to you by the infamous Run Run Shaw. Yes, the 5 elements... Wood, Fire, Water, Earth and .... Gold. That's right Gold Lame (The shiney cloth) wearing Ninjas. I hope that you enjoy!

Edited to substitute a different trailer. This one is either in Chinese or Japanese (sorry no English).

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Deson]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Thanks for contributing! You know, in certain circles that movie is a classic

And you've inspired my next clip. Gold indeed.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
reply to post by Deson

Thanks for contributing! You know, in certain circles that movie is a classic

And you've inspired my next clip. Gold indeed.

Oh yeah, I consider it a classic myself. I love movies that are so bad that they are great. (chuckle)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Perhaps this is where the world's gold is really going?

From The Clones of Bruce Lee...

WARNING: If golden men in bikini briefs offend you, you might not want to watch this clip

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hmmm, you've set the bar pretty high. I'll have to do some digging. I have a nice collection of wonderfully bad Sf movies. I'll see about finding some clips.

Edit to add:

I believe that I have it and yes I own this one! I present to you "KRONUS!"

Followed by "Journey to the Seventh Planet"

Not a real movie trailer for a real movie but they certainly carry the feeling. "Attack of the Giant Radioactive Robot Women from Venus!"

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I applaud your taste in bad taste. I was intending to take a sci-fi slant myself with my next post and so I give you...

Inframan! From a time when drug use amongst six year old's was apparently presumed. I love this movie.

WARNING: If you are offended by the idea that anything can be six million light years beyond believability, you might not want to watch this.

And you'd better like your cheese extra stinky for this next clip...

The horrendous 1979 Star Wars clone, Starcrash!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have never seen Starcrash myself but I plan to in the future.

Speaking of classic movies that have had the serial numbers filed off and thrown into a SF theme.

I present "Battle beyond the stars". Wonderfully cheesy. Especially when you take a look at the front view of the space craft for out hero. (chuckle)

Of course I likewise applaud your taste in bad films.

Edit to add: Of course the classic movie that is being ripped off here is "The Seven Samurai"

By the way, after watching that trailer for StarCrash I so indeed want to watch that piece of Misty Bait!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think you'll enjoy Starcrash when you get a chance to see it. Currently I'm thinking of something that pushes the boundaries of sanity. While this clip might not inspire as many laughs, it is definitely absurd.

I give you the 1960 Mexi-Horror flick Curse of the Doll People!
Believe it or not, as cheesy as this one is, it has some fairly creepy atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Your clip featuring the Doll people reminded me of this. I present a short clip from the only Western featuring an All midget cast. They rode Shetland ponys for this film but they didn't have enough money to make a set to scale so they used a full sized set for regular sized people.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well now there are a few movies I am glad I never say. Don’t have one to add but those are horribly entertaining.
on the thread traveler. I may not get any sleep tonight for fear of seeing those trailers again.

No wait I do remember this one. Still get the creeps when I think about it

Burial Ground Night of Terror.

One better just to be safe it has been seen and I would really hate for people to suffer How I have by this movie. shivers

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Thanks, Ant. Just knowing that someone is... uhm... 'enjoying' them is contribution enough

edit: Excellent! Thanks for the clip. Might have to tag a warning on it for the kids

I'll admit to having seen all the movies featured.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well, watch out! Here comes

The Green Slime! I love the rocking, 60's garage theme

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
:shk:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Shark attack 3, that is hilarious, I laughed out very loud at each one of those swallowing moments.

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Here's your trailer!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

that movie was is and will always be awful. I think part of my humanity died while watching.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't own this one but I'll have to see about hunting it down..

The Astro Zombies!!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Classic... Glen or Glenda

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Can't forget these gems :shk::shk::shk:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join