It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New constitutional convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I was just wandering how many people out there were aware of this movement.

Originally the group was founded to address grievances with our current government. According to the constituion we as people have the right to petittion and a redress of our grievances under the first amendment of the constitution. Well apparantly this group did exactly that stating they wanted answers and accountability for things such as the FED, Income taxes, etc. Well from what I read THe government, whitehouse, supreme court refused to address the grivances as outlined in the constitution.

Any way this group is now starting a new continental congress to rewrite or at least reform the constitution.

Please check out this site and write your views. We need more support from the people regarding the changing of how our government acts and behaves for it certainly is no longer acting in the benefit of the people.

www.wethepeoplefoundation.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think we should move to enforce our current Constitution (get the federal government out of the state's business and cut it back to what it was originally designed to do) instead of rewriting any parts of it. I fear that the corruption in today's government would seep into any new written document. The biggest problem is that the states, for some reason, just let the Feds trample all over them. I like where we're going with the current state sovereignty movement... if Indiana's doesn't get passed, I'm moving out.

The way things are going, I don't see Washington taking all of this laying down, whether it's a Con Con or state sovereignty. This is one crazy time to be alive!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by photobug

I believe that We The People is trying to reinforce and reinstate the power of the Constitution,instead of rewriting it. They seem to be an above board organization,dedicated to constitutional laws.

The Constitutional congress they are supporting is to put out feelers for a possible new political party movement.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i went to a local meeting

it all has to do with "redress of grievances"""

of which many have been filed and either thrown out or will not go to court or be heard,,,,,,which by constitution is illegal

not so much to rewrite it,,,,,,but that gov't is acting illegally and not doing what it's supposed to,,,,,and we the people shouldn't let that stand

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I was thinking about possibly getting involved with this organization. Do you think there is any basis that it si simply a front to starting a new political party or do you see this as patriotic organization that is dedicate to changing things?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You know, Thomas Jefferson once said that each generation should write its own constitution.

It's a shame that some are beginning to venerate the Constitution as a holy document, when both the government and the people prove it to be obsolete every day. Nothing is untouchable, not even the Constitution.

Especially not the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm a firm believe of staying with the original. If the PTB aren't abiding by the current one why would there be any hope that a 'new' one would work better? Besides, from what I've seen in this country, I think there's a very good chance we'd end up with fewer rights than we've barely holding onto now. For example, there would be a high probability thath the 2nd amendment would be severely limited if not deleted altogether. A significant number of people just don't understand the need for that right. Adn quite honestly, if we lose that one, we can forget any others.

top topics

join