It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dramatic footage of glaciers melting in hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
link.brightcove.com...

wow, thats a lot of water draining away. how can this ever be reversed??

never.

i still believe though that is is not human fault. something else is happening in our solar system beyond our control.'

it has also been proven that all the other planets are heating up too.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
We are SOOOOO SCREWED!!!!

Soon we won’t have any money, and we will be under water. This is Kevin Costner's wet dream.

What can we do? Between this economic collapse, and the global climate problem, the Human race is really in danger of complete collapse into anarchy.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
What are they talking about? this is just a redistribution of h20, evaporate, become clouds, snow, sleet, rain, or even the probability of one of those forms of precipitation above and resting back on another layer and becoming ice once again, i mean I know this is a problem but I wonder if these guys had a time machine and went back far enough would their gauges read any different? I do also believe there is a problem, but who needs beachfront property that might be underwater in 40 years anyhow, also if something goes into an abyss as mentioned that water would not be seen again.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by phinubian]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
the problem is that that much fresh water will dilute to density of the ocean, the gulf stream depends on a deep current returning water to the gulf to keep it flowin, there has been a huge shift in the current and they have slowed down, anybody head of the dead zone developing in the gulf of Mexico? if the gulf stream stops europe is gonna freeze

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What some people call Global Warming others call summer!

I wonder if these are the same scientists who warned us that there would be no ice left in the Artic real soon?

www.bloomberg.com...

Feb. 20 (Bloomberg) -- A glitch in satellite sensors caused scientists to underestimate the extent of Arctic sea ice by 500,000 square kilometers (193,000 square miles), a California- size area, the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center said.

As a scientist how do you underestimate something by 193,000 square miles? Unless you were looking to profit from it in the form of grants? Because you know dang well that they got some serious money for this report. I wonder if they are going to give any of it back?

Yeah right!

[edit on 23-2-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Global warming is a scam. I strongly believe that scientist jumped to conclusions too fast and not all data has been analyzed. I do acknowledged that our actions has impacted on our environment but to what extend are we causing global warming and to what extent it is a natural cycle is yet to be determined. Already we have some scientist coming forward and saying there is no global warming and the data they have analyzed is showing the contrary and there were other threads here on ATS showing some scientist falsifying data to show global warming. We all know that in the past there has been an ice age and then the planet warmed up…….. what caused the planet to warm up at that time?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The thread title is completely misleading.

Nothing is shown to "melt in hours," it's just footage of something that's been happening for as long as glaciers have existed, but with dramatic dialog and the use of the term global warming.

It's a glacier runoff river flowing into a hole in the ice. Nothing changes from the beginning of the video to the end.

Everybody freak out!

[edit on 24-2-2009 by alaskan]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
As an engineer, I assure you that is impossible. Further, they want you to believe this. They can control you more when you buy into another "crisis". There is no climate crisis....no melting glaciers in hours. Only if there is a volcano under it. Then you've got enough energy.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1
Global warming is a scam. I strongly believe that scientist jumped to conclusions too fast and not all data has been analyzed. I do acknowledged that our actions has impacted on our environment but to what extend are we causing global warming and to what extent it is a natural cycle is yet to be determined. Already we have some scientist coming forward and saying there is no global warming and the data they have analyzed is showing the contrary and there were other threads here on ATS showing some scientist falsifying data to show global warming. We all know that in the past there has been an ice age and then the planet warmed up…….. what caused the planet to warm up at that time?

whats the motto of this web site "deny ignorance" , i guess that would imply here

www.youtube.com...://solveclimate.com/blog/20090119/video-everests-melting-glaciers

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
link.brightcove.com...

wow, thats a lot of water draining away. how can this ever be reversed??

never.

i still believe though that is is not human fault. something else is happening in our solar system beyond our control.'

it has also been proven that all the other planets are heating up too.

Actually, many Glaciers have in fact grown in Mass and Coverage over the past Decades. Alaska, The European Alps, and other Glacially inundated Regions have witnessed a Growth in Glacier Formations. The Glaciers in Antarctica are growing so quickly right now, that the reason behind the increase in calving has now been attributed towards the Growth Rates Speeding up the Movement/Extension Process.

Do not let a clip of Glacial Melt in Greenland put fear into your mind, for the Global Data of uncorrupted Sources has proven there to in fact be a Net Gain in Earth wide Glaciation.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I dont let some random youtube dictate to me what is evident. I have had low level property in a number of Eu countries that were handed to me through the family. So in respect to is the sea level increasing, i say YES. We have photos in the family album showing my parents as children on a particular beach, now were they were standing as children i am unable to stand there. Basically i would need a boat to get to the same position and thats all in the space of 45 years.

But then again this could all be a scam to raise funds, or a better part of my imagination.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

It would appear to be a problem, but at the moment, it is one of the least we have in store for us.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Hrm... Thats pretty much what a glacier runoff/terminus looks like.. yup...

When I lived in alaska, I learned something about glaciers... Namely, many of them have been in recession for LONG periods of time already...

However, the enviromentalists would like you to believe that all our glaciers are melting, which is not the case... Some are still growing.

Now, I'm not trying to say Global warming isn't happening... it is... all one needs to see is a before/after picture of the Portage Glacier in Alaska (over by Whittier if anyone needs a point of reference). It has receeded much further than it "should" have in the last decade or so...

I guess I'm mostly pointing out the sensationlism related to the news media and enviromentalists when it comes to coverage on receding glaciers...

[edit on 24-2-2009 by nj2day]

top topics

join