It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood Nose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have never had a nose bleed in my life. Ever.

I was dreaming this morning and it was very weird. Bear with me, I dreamt I was with old University friends in some house. The overall mood and look of the environment (house) was dirty and uncomfortable but the mood between us was normal except that in real life I had just stopped contacting them over time, not for angry but benevolent reasons (my closest friend moved to the other side of the country after graduation). I guess if anything it was just a replay of what we used to do when we hung out at someones house.

The weird thing was that I was sick in the dream and had worms. Yes, worms...disgusting. It was worse because these small 2 inch worms that look like a piece of singapore noodle (vermicelli) would be falling out of my mouth and nose every now and again. but once you looked at them on the carpet they would move like you would expect a worm should. It was really quite horrible.

For some reason I woke up at this point and sniffed. Felt a trickle of thin liquid fall from my nose and thought it was runny, but I have no cold. Wasn't until I wiped it with my arm until I noticed it was blood. It bled enough to say it was an average decent blood nose but eventually stopped.

I've never had a blood nose ever in my life and it kinda worried me. It is probably nothing, just a burst blood vessel. But thought it was weird in relation to the dream.

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by cargo]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yes, it was probably just a burst blood vessel. Your subsonscious recognised that there was something not right (when the nosebleed started) and tried to translate this feeling into your dream.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
the body does what the mind believes. if u believe that ur sick, ur sick. if u believe that u have worms..............u might have worms.

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by silQ]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I had something like this happen... but not with a dream about worms. Thank goodness

I woke up, (I DID have a cold at the time) and felt that I had a runny nose. Needless to say, it got messy real quick. It looked like I had killed someone with a butter knife and wiped it up with kleenex

I don't think it was anything more than a coincidence, personally. I have died countless times in my dreams, and yet here I am.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Nah I dont have worms. I know that for sure. But I figured someone would say it
. I generally agree that my body could have communicated the pending nose bleed into my dream, but it certainly was a nasty way to portray it...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
eewwhhh..what a gross and disturbing dream, if I were you, i would be in a panic and would be making an appt with my doctor to check to see if I had worms.

but seriously according to several dream dictionaries
"Dreams about worms suggest that someone that the dreamer cares for is being dishonest for fear of hurting the dreamer."

another possibility is a forewarning to upcoming illness.

try a search on dream interpretation

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yeah but what I doubt is that the dream would be so literal. I dream I have worms, so I may have worms? It wasnt really a significant part of the dream and was right at the end, when it could be said that the nose bleed began while I was still asleep.

Hmm someone I care for is being dishonest...that's interesting but I can't place it in my life at the moment. Thanks for the info.

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by cargo]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
don't dismiss dream interpretation and look for too much into it...I know you might be thinking aliens or paranormal, but dreams are more than you think.

btw, dreams involving "the nose":
Instinctive knowledge. It reflects great powers of imagination and creativity, but also difficult relations with a partner.

oh yeah, here a link for future reference, there are many more sites and actual books you can purchase, if you really want to know more about the meaning of your dreams.
www.petrix.com...

[Edited on 4-15-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Actually I wasn't thinking Alien at all until I read it in your post. Funny though because its a pretty obvious assumption, I find it weird that I didnt think of it. I don't place much faith in it being related though.

As for the creativity/imagination, I am an illustrator/designer and am currently trying to develop some personal projects that seem to expand and get more complex as I get further into it. So that's a relevant point. As for the partner, I'm currently single but busy, so am putting it off until I clear out my current projects.

Thanks for the link, I havn't read up on dream interpretations for a long time. I think I remember my aunt having a few books I might check out.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
cargo partner doesn't necessarily mean a love interest or significant other, it could also apply to a business partner..just an fyi

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yeah, but I am freelance at the moment. I guess it could also mean client.

Because it is my first nose bleed in 27 years, I have been reading up on what can cause them. Apparently lack of Vitamin K can thin the blood, but I figure it is more likely that the a vessel dried out a little and split. Still, good reason to up my intake of leafy greens for some more Vit K.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Some belive they are in the batroom then they do their thing in the bed indstead.

No kidding.

it's like sleepwalkers they if they are dreaming they go to the bathroom some does that, But in sleep, some make food and such

some even begin smoking !

One of my freinds dad he was making some math thing, he never finished the thing but suddently at night he began making the rest of the math..... WIERD!!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Sleepwalking:

Made a \pj sandwitch, then went outside, halfway to the road, thenwnet to bed. Borther was up; watched me.
Another time, woke my borther up by shaking him: "Michael!, Michael, Michael, Michael!" "what?" "Ice is cold." Went directly back to bed.

Did you feel like vomiting during the drema and were you stressed?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
U should really look into some dream interpretation or something... cos i am sure it means something in particular. I oftenhave weird and funky dreams like that too... i have had bugs come out of my mouth in a dream one time, and i also had my teeth fall out in a dream once.

top topics

join