It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone ringing and not plugged in!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yeah, you never know; those telemarketers are freakin pushy these days. I hung up on one of them once, and they freakin called me back.. Just imagine what would happen if you hung up on a ghost telemarketer. Good god.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oh, good lord!

I had something similar happen--though maybe MINE has a reasonable explanation.

I was taking care of some business in my room...and the phone starts ringing. So I went to go answer it, and as soon as I let the room, it's stop. I did this about 4-5 times. So, I thought to myself, I'm not going to pick it up until it rings AND the answering machine answers. So the answering machine starts picking up. I go to answer it, and it stops as soon as I leave the room. Several times--once or twice, it stops midst my message, AND A FEW TIMES IT DID THE DIAL-TONE RESPONSE, afterwards (gotta quit hitting the caps lock key). There is no way this machine stops mid-message, and it always records dialtones for two or three seconds. There was nothing on the answering machine. I growled under my breath, "I don't care what the # you are; I'm not getting out of bed for this again." It stopped. (All within the space of 10-20 minutes.) That was the summer before both my brother and I left the house--stuff followed him, and he refused to see it. enh...

Yours, seems less like something to expalin away--I personally believe I was hearing things.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I personally know someone that used to live in this old house that was over 100 years old and there were a bunch of demonic things going on in the house that her own children were the gateway victims of and one incident happened when her youngest out of three of her daughters started talking like "George Burns" at 1AM in the middle of the hallway in the dark. She said that her daughter didnt talk LIKE George Burns but sounded like him with the "smokers voice" and was using swearing words like B!tc* and F'ing C_nt to her own mother. I dont think it was the childs own words to say something like that but soon after that happened my friend and her husband and three daughters moved out of the house and while they got the last of their things and packed them up in the true (*edited as "Truck" not "true"), she had her rotary phone on her lap as one of the final items to be removed out of the house and before her husband put the truck in reverse to get out of the driveway the rotary phone started to ring and her and her husband looked at each other as in "WTF is this phone ringing?!?!" and answered the phone just to see why its ringing without it being plugged in and that same George Burns voice said "I will f'ing kill you!!" and they all hauled a$$ out of the driveway while the daughters in the back of the truck were saying "Mommy, I didnt know you have a cell phone"(noticing the phone ringing in the front). I know where this house is and when I drive past it, I have a tendency of doing a Ghost Hunt even though there are people living in that house today. This is just a reminder to not answer that phone if it ever does ring again. I dont think your virgin ears are ready for what my friend has heard.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by 2goodbucs]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Not to say you have a haunted phone, but it's very possible the phone was the catalyst. In other words, the phone would ring no matter in what house it was....
because it was the phone, not the house causing the phenomena......

G

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
That I hadn't thought in years until you were talking about your experience.

I was working in an office years ago which shared the Xerox facilities. It was in the basement. So whenever something needed to be copied someone had to make a trip down there.

On my first trip, I wasn't sure I wanted to ever copy another piece of paper. This machine was a modern marvel, but we're talking about 1970-79 when a copier was the size of a small desk.

For the longest time three of us stood against the wall fartherest from the machine and watched it. Because when any one of us, who were 12-15 foot away, would point our finger as if to push the button that machine would start making copies.

It wouldn't happen everytime you went to make copies, just on some random days. The company even had Xerox come out and look at it and they couldn't find anything.

G

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join