It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Coast to Coast become too commercialized?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
For Petes sakes, even the Bumper music is most of the time some kind of Acid Rock.

I remember Art and his bumper music, haunting in the still of the night....
That show is done as far as i'm concerned and it bothers me because i was a huge fan.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I just canceled my streamlink subscription. The good shows have become few and far, and even when they sound good, they end up being rehashes and not much information really put out.

Last nights show pretty much did me in. It didn't start out too bad, I'm not the biggest fan of Billy Myer or whatever, but I like to keep an open mind. And by the end of the show, I was just absolutely disgusted in the guest and in George.

The guest claimed global warming was real, and George said nothing. Didn't dispute the claim, said nothing. Even though he has person after person on saying it's a hoax and he always says he agrees with it. But did George mention this? Nope. He just went along.

And then the guy tried to claim Billy was Jesus, Elijah and so forth. Which just really disgusted me. And George says nothing. When if you read the bible, then you know John the Baptist is said to be Elijah. And George just goes along.

I stuck up for George in the past. I understand letting guests put out their points of view. But if I wanted just another show that just lets guest spew our their propaganda and agenda without question I'd watch the MSM.

Your order has been cancelled.

You may continue using the streamlink service until 02/25/2009.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
FranKideaList35, I am GLAD you brought up this subject. Noory has the SAME guests on, over and over and over. The same same ones.
After all my experiences with ufos in civillian life, I had an incredible conspiracy experience, within/after I went into the USAF. Unlike (Ahem) -some- military whistleblowers, I have all kinds of hard documentation, in the form of FOIA files, routinely issued military documents, photos of me there at that time, strange newsclips, artwork I did, and even more stuff in regards to more ufological adventures of mine, after I left the service, after my 2 tours of enlistment.
I must have (extremely --briefly, too, not lengthy) e-mailed all the producers and hosts at one time or another, of what an interesting guest-prospect I might make. But alas, I'm not Linda Howe, Richard Hoagland, or Richard Dolan. Just worthless nobody rabble, apparently.
I have ---nothing--- to sell. No book, no DVD, no website. I guess I'll have to get crackin at making those, somehow.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of what was said by previous posters. I don't listen to the show as much anymore and I know exactly the reason why.

For me the best shows are the ones that are fresh. I love it when Linda Moulton Howe comes on because she does the legwork to bring a fresh story to the air or a fresh angle to a running story. She works on her stories like a real investigative journalist should work. She is a hardass journalist. George Noory is not in her class. George Knapp is better than George Noory.

The producers at Coast should be working harder to find interesting people with interesting stories to tell. This is not an easy thing to do, but I notice that their webmaster does keep coming up with interesting new stories to feature in their "news" section. Digging up interesting guests who can present a story for four hours is what will make or break that show.

It's a big world out there. The stories are out there. The problem is how to get those stories into the studio.

I just thought I should add that on most topics George Noory sounds like a dilletante. He fakes it to some extent. On crime or malfeasance style stories you hear George Noory the professional. There are some very interesting stories in that genre that George should try to bring to the Coast audience.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by ipsedixit]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join