It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Mocking Obama Supporters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Kool aid is delicious.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

You create a thread about being tired of the blame game and being tired of finger pointing.

This is a thread about the blame game and finger pointing.

I pointed that out.

And, now you have a problem with that?

I guess it is just that you have a problem with people pointing the finger at Obama and blaming Obama and his supporters.

Ridiculous.... :shk:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The responses from the anti-Obama people in this thread are really showing their true colors here. At least 35% of people voted for Obama because he's black? How many voted for McCain because Obama was black? A lot of black people came out and voted for Obama, and a lot of poor white trash people came out and voted for McCain.

But it's some how justified for the white people to vote for McCain based on racial ideas. I'm sorry, I don't get that.

Just to reiterate for the 100th time in this thread, I am not suggesting you haters stop having a productive discussion about Obama and his supporters. I'm suggesting you START having a productive discussion and stop ridiculing and mocking his supporters.

What you've been doing this whole time is totally unproductive. In which reality do people come over to your way of thinking after you've ridiculed them sufficiently?

You guys don't want anything resolved because you enjoy the mocking and the ridiculing, you enjoy the judgement because being right and being better than me is more important than seeing this country make progress and lift up out of the mire.

Funny how the haters have cornered the market on patriotism and yet they're the one's wishing failure to Obama 24-7. Nice work guys, way to show your love for your country and your fellow man. Forgive me if i don't take a page out of your books.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

Another enlightened thread by someone who only believes there are only two parties. This attitude is the reason there are only 2 viable choices in national elections.

Not all anti Obama people are pro Bush. So judging my criticism of Obama by pointing at Bush is pointless. It was fine for all the liberals to point their fingers at Bush and his cronies but now that its happening to Obama - oh well, that can't be.

Yes the democrats are supposedly in control. Even though everything seems out of their control. Dems should be careful about claiming total control - with that goes total responsibility and I would not want to be responsible for anything going on right now.

It seems the Dems have hit that iceberg and are sinking fast - now comes the excuse making. You know your sinking fast when you begin blaming radio hosts for the ills in the government your in control of.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

If you are so educated why is it so difficult for you to realize that the president is just a puppet and nothing more? and it would have been no different electing McCain.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Obama did not win by much and nearly all the African Americans who voted, voted for Obama and voted for him based on the color of his skin.

Congress had been controlled by liberlas for 2 years prior to the election.

The media with the exception of FOX and talk radio is controlled by the liberals, so no matter how much Obama screws up, the media will blame it on Republicans and the people will believe.

Conservatives poke fun at those who voted for Obama because of how so many of them act like total idiots in his presence. In addition, the majority of those who voted for Obama really can't give a valid reason as to why they voted for him.

Hope this answers your questions.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

"White Trash" that is very offensive and typical of Obama supporters.

They racism everywhere, except in themselves.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
Stop Mocking Obama Supporters

But they make it so darn easy!

People like Peggy the Moocher

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
Another enlightened thread by someone who only believes there are only two parties. This attitude is the reason there are only 2 viable choices in national elections.

Huh? I am registered as No Party Affiliation here in Florida. I supported Ron Paul in the Republican Primaries and voted for Obama in the general election. I happen to believe that the 2 "viable choices in national elections" are the very same parties we should be totally ignoring as a whole. So i'm not sure how you've concluded that I only think there are two parties.

Not all anti Obama people are pro Bush. So judging my criticism of Obama by pointing at Bush is pointless. It was fine for all the liberals to point their fingers at Bush and his cronies but now that its happening to Obama - oh well, that can't be.

Yes, it is fine for all the liberals to point their fingers at Bush and his cronies, just like it's fine for all the conservatives to point their fingers at Obama and his. But don't point your finger at ME and say that *I* am drinking the kool-aid, don't try to make me look or feel stupid based on my opinions, don't try and belittle or downgrade me because you don't agree with the President's policies. It's a stupid thoughtless tactic that has no basis in the mind of a logical person. It's a knee-jerk reaction that is only destructive.

Originally posted by Bringer
If you are so educated why is it so difficult for you to realize that the president is just a puppet and nothing more? and it would have been no different electing McCain.

You don't have to be educated to realize that. Throughout the history of the last 30 or so years, you've seen Presidents coming from opposite sides of the aisle making the same decisions, pushing the same agendas. There's a little back-and-forth, sure, but it's just for show. But this thread isn't about how the President is a puppet, and that observation doesn't further this topic in any way because it's not about that. It would be like asking me what my favorite fruit is, and me telling you that Vegetables are bad for you.

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
Obama did not win by much and nearly all the African Americans who voted, voted for Obama and voted for him based on the color of his skin.

What's your point? I am sure there were a lot of redneck "traditional" voters out there who voted for McCain on the basis that he's NOT black. It's no different than voting for George Bush in 2004 because you thought John Kerry looked too French.

Conservatives poke fun at those who voted for Obama because of how so many of them act like total idiots in his presence. In addition, the majority of those who voted for Obama really can't give a valid reason as to why they voted for him.

Totally incorrect. Conservatives are verbally abusive to Obama supporters because of how it makes them feel. They're sore about losing the Presidency and see this bashing of Obama supporters as a kind of retribution for all the Bush bashing that was going on. But the difference is that Democrats bashed Bush and his administration, where Republicans are not only bashing Obama and his administration (which is fine), but they're also bashing supporters of Obama.

Additionally, I believe the majority of those who voted for Obama CAN give a valid reason as to why. You said yourself that the vast majority of black people voted for Obama because of his skin. I'm sure a fair number of white people voted for him based on his skin tone too. People who are pro-choice would have had a good reason to vote for him over McCain. There are a million valid reasons to vote for Obama, you just don't want to accept any of them.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Huh? I am registered as No Party Affiliation here in Florida. I supported Ron Paul in the Republican Primaries and voted for Obama in the general election. I happen to believe that the 2 "viable choices in national elections" are the very same parties we should be totally ignoring as a whole. So i'm not sure how you've concluded that I only think there are two parties.

Yes, it is fine for all the liberals to point their fingers at Bush and his cronies, just like it's fine for all the conservatives to point their fingers at Obama and his. But don't point your finger at ME and say that *I* am drinking the kool-aid, don't try to make me look or feel stupid based on my opinions, don't try and belittle or downgrade me because you don't agree with the President's policies. It's a stupid thoughtless tactic that has no basis in the mind of a logical person. It's a knee-jerk reaction that is only destructive.

Originally posted by Bringer

You don't have to be educated to realize that. Throughout the history of the last 30 or so years, you've seen Presidents coming from opposite sides of the aisle making the same decisions, pushing the same agendas. There's a little back-and-forth, sure, but it's just for show. But this thread isn't about how the President is a puppet, and that observation doesn't further this topic in any way because it's not about that. It would be like asking me what my favorite fruit is, and me telling you that Vegetables are bad for you.

What's your point? I am sure there were a lot of redneck "traditional" voters out there who voted for McCain on the basis that he's NOT black. It's no different than voting for George Bush in 2004 because you thought John Kerry looked too French.

Totally incorrect. Conservatives are verbally abusive to Obama supporters because of how it makes them feel. They're sore about losing the Presidency and see this bashing of Obama supporters as a kind of retribution for all the Bush bashing that was going on. But the difference is that Democrats bashed Bush and his administration, where Republicans are not only bashing Obama and his administration (which is fine), but they're also bashing supporters of Obama.

Additionally, I believe the majority of those who voted for Obama CAN give a valid reason as to why. You said yourself that the vast majority of black people voted for Obama because of his skin. I'm sure a fair number of white people voted for him based on his skin tone too. People who are pro-choice would have had a good reason to vote for him over McCain. There are a million valid reasons to vote for Obama, you just don't want to accept any of them.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. My internet seized!

[edit on 2/20/2009 by The Cyfre]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's people like peggy that make it so fun to mock obama supporters.
"If I help him, he'll help me." Gee Peggy how's that working out for ya?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
the only fact that I may have proposed rather than an opinion is that I think he is cute. The fact being "I think" and the opinion being "he's cute."

Well folks, this should pretty much sum up the entire thread - why are Obama supporters mocked?
Um, I mean, yeah... what a SUPER reason for putting a man in the White House to lead the most powerful nation on Earth.

Um, I'm sorry... what was the question again!?!?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

yes people voted for him simply because he was black, does that really surprise you that blacks would vote for a black man simply because he's black?

if that were true, how do explain alan keyes, al sharpton, and jesse jackson having never won a presidential nomination and subsequent election?
i don't believe that it is entirely accurate to say that blacks voted for president obama because he was black.
there were blacks that voted for mccain as well.

on topic,
i suggest any obama supporters develop a thick skin.
criticizing, dissecting, and wishing failure on anything obama says or does are the new tactics employed for opponents of the new administration.

personally, i don't believe every single thing that president obama does is not open for constructive criticism and everyone has the right to disagree with his policies.

the mistakes he's made regarding cabinet choices are ones that have happened to previous administrations, and will probably occur with future administrations.
i don't blame president obama personally on his cabinet selections' inability to remember if they've paid up their taxes.
republicans and democrats alike have had this problem.
i think he's been transparent about his administration.

if anyone has valid gripes, i say they have that right.
i won't comment on any paranoia-based theories about president obama.
i deal only in realities.
i tend to give people a chance to do their job and then critique whether or not they've sucked at it.
but, that's me.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I don't think we can expect people to stop mocking us.
I'm with ravenshadow. She has the right attitude about it.

The way I look at it is this. 98% of the people who mock us, I wouldn't give the time of day to if I saw them on the street. I mean, they would NEVER be in my circle of "friends" if it weren't for ATS. Where am I supposed to meet them? At a NASCAR event? A Rush Limbaugh party? At a church potluck? So, why should I care what they think?

I know it gets old, but you've got to consider the source. Sometimes the best a person's imagination can muster is to call someone an "Obamabot" or say he's our "messiah" or chant "No Hope, No Change". Ooohh. Pretty active imagination, that. We're talking 4th grade tactics here at best.

Next time someone mocks you about being an Obamabot, try seeing them as an 8-year-old. Because they're acting like one.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I won't stop mocking you because you're a traitor. You'll sacrifice the good of your country to protect some convoluted sense of pride because you were rooting for somebody . You're as bad as the Bush people, that's why the criticism won't stop. It's this type of celebrity worship that has polluted the entire country. Just because he's your guy and just because he won, doesn't make him the "right" guy. Obama is a politician first, and if you think he gives a # about you or your situation, you're kidding yourself.

And you don't need to disrespect the people that don't agree with Obama. Yeah, there's a lot of this stuff posted by confused, misled people but my concerns as an American citizen are far more tangible. I don't watch NASCAR, hate Rush, and I am the opposite of religious. I'm pissed that he's a lying sack of # and people want to deny the fact that he is a sly talking politician. The fact that we have a "black" man in office is beautiful, but too bad it wasn't Martin Luther King Jr, because that was a man who faced true adversity and hardship. Who had to fight! for his freedoms. This has paved the way for equality and simultaneously paving the way to more destruction of freedoms, debt, and war.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
You'll sacrifice the good of your country to protect some convoluted sense of pride because you were rooting for somebody .

You don't know what you're talking about, man. You've made a lot of assumptions about me in your post and needless to say, you're wrong. You don't know me.

And you don't need to disrespect the people that don't agree with Obama.

Oh, really? Hey, I was just giving you a little of your own medicine. You disrespect people that DO agree with Obama. (traitor, celebrity worshiper, etc) but I'm supposed to treat you with respect ? Look, if you can't take it, I suggest you don't dish it out.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I haven't read every post here yet and I really hope that I am at leased the 10th one saying this, if not we got some big, big problems..........but

Stop playing into the fake left right paradigm!

They are all just front men and they all should be bashed no matter who or what you are. Obama is a front man and Bush was a front man, Clinton was a front man, Bush sir. was a front man. GET IT!

How many times must we say it over and over and over again. They are front men which means that there are men behind him that are the ones that are really in power and tell him what to do and say.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Listen Up, Its Time For A Good Analogy!

Lets say that you like to eat at Burger King, but you got food poisoning the other day from that burger you ate. You would just let it go but this is the 3rd time it has happened to you in a year. So you decide that something needs to be done about it. Who do you go to, too see that there is a change in their policy's to make it so people don't keep getting food poisoning?

Do you go to the manager at your nearest Burger King?

Or

Do you go and speak with franchise owners of the establishment?

Your friends just tell you to go to the local Burger King manager and he will take care of everything for you and he will make sure the polices are changed. And you go and do that but a few days later you hear about someone getting food poisoning yet again.

So you go back in to speak with the manager to say WTF! But when you go in you see that there is a new manager that is dressed nicer and very friendly and even offers you a free meal and free gifts for your troubles. You are very pleased and confident that he will take care of it.

But still a week later, you hear of even more people getting food poisoning. What should your next step be? Hmmm.......MAYBE THE FRANCHISE OWNERS YOU THINK!

Common people its not really that hard to figure it out. You just need to look beyond what they put in front of you and really think about it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

turn off your tv and radio

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
yay one corrupt regime replaced by another... should I rejoice now?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join