It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy - Sound To Electricity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
well, you can't have DC @ 15 Hz. It could be 5v AC at 15Hz, but not DC.

Besides being off topic, since when is a battery anything other than DC?

If you want to pick gnats, it is pulsed at 15 times a second.

If you are interested in alternative cures using electricity you may want to read up on Dr. Hulda Clark, Wilhelm Reich and Don Croft. And no, I am not changing my signature because I have greatly benefited from sending electricity through my body.

And please stop derailing decent threads while you´re at it before you start threatening with moderator actions about a completely different thing.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hello all!

Harvesting energy from environmental noise is theoretically possible but simply not economical. The problem is that the energy density of environmental sound is very low. Therefore you would either need to encapsulate all those sound sources (cars, planes, etc.) with microphones, or you would have to erect mircrophones of the size of football fields everywhere to get enough output to do anything useful. Microphones also have pretty low efficiencies. That means that most of the sound energy will simply pass trough a microphone without doing any work.You also have to keep in mind, that someone has to build all those microphones, which requires energy.
In the end you would have to invest much more energy into building huge arrays of microphones and keeping them in good repair than you would gain from them.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

The pulse thing makes sense I guess. I wasn't threatening anything since I can't, but you're really not allowed to spam. And since that's a direct link to a site that charges you $130 for pulsed battery electricity...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Trolls?

When did a valid refutation to erroneous statements and/or ideas constitute as "trolling"?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hah. I cracked fusion in my sleep.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Trying to hack my account and posts eh? lol I'm not joking. This is not a game. Day of Disclosure December 27, 2012. That is a joke, but we're gonna do it. Whitehouse lawn ring any bells.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

JohnMike you don't even know what a pulse width modulator is and you think you are debunking my theory??? HAHAHAHAHAHA

-sarcasm- o.m.g. 5 Volts DC can't be at 15Hz!!! -sarcasim-

You think you are a computer tech. and you don't even know how a standard DC computer fan and PWM speed controller works.. LOL

[edit on 21-2-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Huh? The notation was confusing and seemed to imply alternating current from a DC source.

I don't really get how that ties into computer technician stuff. You just need to know how to install and remove hardware, deal a bit with computer software (specifically the OS), and network things together. Only thing I can't do is UNIX or anything Mac.

I strongly suggest that you stop attacking me like a child. Are you an actual adult?

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Johnmike]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
I strongly suggest that you stop attacking me like a child. Are you an actual adult?
[edit on 21-2-2009 by Johnmike]

It's the internet; it doesn't matter. You get to judge people by how they act.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
PWM

These circuits are mostly used to control DC motors. Their benefit is that you can maintain high current and voltage to the motor while controlling its speed so that the motor maintains adequate torque at low rpm's compared to just lowering the voltage to the motor, which would also reduce the current to the motor, and the motor's torque would also drop.

A good example of this can be found in electric RC airplanes and RC cars.

Technically a DC motor isnt actually DC at all. The armature windings and their contacts are arranged in such a way so that when the brushes make contact with the armature winding contacts on the shaft, they create a swtiched DC, or a false AC, thus making the armature windings change polarity and push against the permananet magnet, thus creating the rotation of the armature.

This switching effect can be seen by connecting a DC motor to an oscilliscope and turning the armature by hand and watch the pulsing effect from zero line to the positive swing and negative swing.

Early PWM circuits used simple 555 timer chips with a varying resistance on the timer input, and the output connected to a high current drain transistor or FET that connected to the motor. Today's PWM circuits are more complex and can adjust both the pulse width time domain as well as how much pulse current they output.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 21-2-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I recall reading somewhere that during WW2, the US Navy used sound-powered intercoms on their ships because they would continue to operate even if the ship's power were interrupted during a battle. So if a sound-powered microphone could generate enough power to reproduce the voice at the other end, surely it could be used to charge a battery or capacitor, right?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Studenofhistory

Right, but don't tell that to electrical engineers that are stuck in boxes.

Did you know that a crystal radio can run solely off the power it receives from the antenna?

en.wikipedia.org...

It needs no battery or power source except the power received from radio waves by a long outdoor wire antenna.

A crystal radio is also free energy.....

...this is where people stuck in boxes will say "someone has to pay for the radio broadcasting!" Then I will say, "when there is no radio broadcasting, what do you hear from the radio? Noise? You can be stranded on a island miles away from radio broadcasting, and still pick up "noise" from the environment."

Now what happens when you combine a crystal radio with a homemade microphone?

[edit on 25-2-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The use of the piezoelectric effect is nothing new. But as has been pointed out, the amount of energy to be gained from ambient sound is so small that it can hardly be considered useful.

Sure, it can be done (it is being done). But it's not going to replace existing power sources. You might be able to keep your cellphone charged a little longer but you aren't going to keep a 100 watt light bulb lit for long.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So what you a saying is, free energy exists, but you think it is to small to be usefull?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

No.

What I'm saying is that the energy contained in ambient sound is too small to be used economically in anything more than very small applications.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

When did I ever say ambient sound only?

What makes you think you know everything?

You say the free energy is there, but you say it's not useful for anything.... you are contradicting yourself.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I don't think I know everything but I do know the definition of ambient. It's pretty similar to what you described:

I used to live near a busy street, and kind of near a highway. The sounds from trucks and cars as they pass would create a lot of sound energy.

Normal every day sound in the environment. A loud noise may have "a lot of sound energy" but that does not translate to a lot of electrical energy. The output of microphones given in millivolts, that's thousandths of a volt. A fairly sensitive microphone will produce about 1.5-1.75 mV when exposed to normal conversational sound levels. Lets be generous, make it really noisy and use an extremely sensitive microphone. Say you can get 100 times the output (very generous). Have you priced a good mic lately? You're going to be paying an awful lot for that .175 volt.

edit: because you did (and I put a decimal point in the wrong place)
I didn't really contradict myself. I meant that it cannot be used as an alternative energy source. I said sound energy can be used as a power source in very small scale applications.

[edit on 2/25/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This post here is perfect. Thanks, Phage.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

If you look at these RFID tags we use, I had some that I took apart and played with a couple years back, they are just the idea you are thinking.

when in an area with that certain frequency that the antenna is expecting, it is picked up and amplified enough so that the power is stored in a capacitor and when enough power is stored in the capacitor it is put to the battery.

As for the load being referred to as preventing any REAL power from being collected, if this is being utilized with state of the art science into this field then it can happen. Enough power can be collected using an RFID tag to transmit a signal which can be quite powerful. The power level can be adjusted to which the actual transmitting will take place. You can have a transmitter set so that it will transmit when the power reaches the equivalent of 100watts. This may take time with something the equivalent of the current RFID tags but with a modified collector it can be realized.

IMO
Rgds

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChronMan
That would be a waste of time and energy.

Quite possible the lowest yield system which would ever exist, extremely unprofitable.

If a system doesn't generate more output than input, whats the point?

Beyond that, not even 100% conversion efficiency would generate enough energy for the system to even be self-operating.

I could think of a more improved version of what you're describing though, without the use of a mic.

Mics really aren't necessary in the first place.

I disagree with you.

Dynamic Microphones ARE basically electrical transformers. They require no power (electricity), but generate an electrical signal, reflecting an analog of the sound pressure waves affecting the coil.

I think this theory actually has some merit, IMO.

Same as the OP's initial idea based around tuning forks. Harmonic Resonance can and should be looked into when thinking about Over-Unity.

It's one think usually overlooked, as far as I've seen.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by jephers0n]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join