It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crash of 2009 Is COMING To YOU!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
pure propaganda from FOX, if all of us beleive the crash is inevitable the
economy will crash even faster and thats what they want.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

You need to do a little more research in this area.

Click the "gold standard" link on the same article you quoted. Look for "Post-war international gold standard (1946–1971)" - there is your answer. I suggest you look up the Bretton Woods system article as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm wondering what the cumulative value of the negative speculation and fear mongering that is going on not only here, but in the media, in corporate America, and even in the government itself will have on the eventual outcome of these things.

Never has the phrase 'self fulfilling prophecy' been less just a phrase to me and more something that I watch unfold before my eyes.

I was hoping that Americans would just do what Americans do best, and go on spending money like they always have. But wait - they haven't really spent actual money in the last 20 years, it's just been credit. Oh, so there you go.

I think the more we try to be positive regardless of what is obviously a very negative situation, the easier it would be to ride this out.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Merkabah

S&F

good find. i am sharing it with everyone i know!!

time to move to the mountains and live off the land!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Without wanting to take the time to listen to Olberman, what has he said latey that doesn't sit well?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Investigateconspiracies

I believe you are dead right. Scary thought...but oh so true.

The economy is bad and if there was to be a crash, you can believe FOX would not report it. If there wasn't, which there isn't...you can believe FOX (Rupert Murdoch) would report it (manufacture it).

[edit on 18-2-2009 by TheDarkNight]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
We have just been taken in by the costliest confidence game in history. More than 300 million peoples future destroyed by people who can not even be bothered to read what they sign. Our childrens and grandchildrens money is on its way into the Lobbyists and Unions pockets as we speak.

By the time people realize what has happened they will be all cozy on their little tropical island retreats, secure in the fact they have pocketed our futures, right in front of our faces.

How many promises have to be broken before the Obamaphiles concede that they have been had? Lobbyists all over the Cabinet. Tax Cheats in high office. Zero transparency and huge spending Bills written in the dead of night and passed before they can be read.

The Unholy Trinity of Obama, Pelosi and Reid have only just begun. If you are lucky enough to be owed a favor by them, congratulations, you have just hit the Jackpot of all time. Buy a big truck to carry other peoples cash to your vault, because you will need it. Throw the rest of us a bit of bread now and then and explain why we should praise those stealing the fruit of our labor.

Zeich Heil Fraulein Pelosi. I say Pelosi because I honestly believe it is she who runs this band of merry little thieves from her mini Airforce One.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Investigateconspiracies
pure propaganda from FOX, if all of us beleive the crash is inevitable the
economy will crash even faster and thats what they want.

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I'm wondering what the cumulative value of the negative speculation and fear mongering that is going on not only here, but in the media, in corporate America, and even in the government itself will have on the eventual outcome of these things.

Never has the phrase 'self fulfilling prophecy' been less just a phrase to me and more something that I watch unfold before my eyes.

I was hoping that Americans would just do what Americans do best, and go on spending money like they always have. But wait - they haven't really spent actual money in the last 20 years, it's just been credit. Oh, so there you go.

I think the more we try to be positive regardless of what is obviously a very negative situation, the easier it would be to ride this out.

So if we all just put on our happy faces and go about business as usual everything will be hunky dorey? Wow, lets all of us just start putting out those positive vibes and the world will come together in peace, love and harmony.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You know what's ironic about all this, most people in the US sign binding documents without understanding what they are, now this is not saying they are not reading it, but comprehension is a different word.

What a mess this is going to be.

Originally posted by Blaine91555
More than 300 million peoples future destroyed by people who can not even be bothered to read what they sign.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaChaos

Yup...I've read up on a ton of NWO stuff; all though I believe it true, I also believe it's what we make of it. Things are changing and those who refuse to embrace the change for the better will fall to the side -- hard. That being said, buy a gun, learn how to use it and if/when the time comes, don't forget that freedom has NO substitute.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Its god damn simple, Ron Paul has been saying it all along. Putting this money, this 798b, over 1.5 trillion in the last 8 months into the economy, with EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR having compound interest the dollar is going to collapse. We should have just let things take a more natural course.

8 months ago the first bailout was supposed to help the auto industries and failing corporations, now we are in the same boat, temporary help(even though that's not what it is because the more money being printed the faster the economy tanks) will only last temporarily. This is a bloody mess and OBAMA is running the show, good luck sir, good luck. Can anyone say "hated more than Bush Jr.?".

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonicAngelZero
I guess what I'm trying to say is... if Fox news has anything to do with it, no matter if it's the truth or not, I'll look for a more reliable source.... which isn't hard to do when I consider my 3 year old nephew (or even theonion.com) a more reliable source than them.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by DemonicAngelZero]

You couldn't be more correct about FOX. I believe nothing that that channel has to say.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DemonicAngelZero

That was awesome. Glenn Beck is a great actor. He's perfect for any news network as they capitolize on terror. You know they need to make a profit in the time of need. Let's scare everyone for better ratings!!! Anyone that denies their intentions will burn in hell. Fall to your knees for Jesus! Good job republicans! Refuse to adjust to the new presidency. Deny everything. Make everything fail. Oh my god abortion and stem cells? Get the Pope online we need more fronts on the war with Islam! And hey don't forget there's a nuclear bomb that just went off in Jerusalem. I'll tell you letting off that kind of radiation will keep people off your grass for years to come. We can create thousands of more jobs if we build more nuclear bombs and actually use them. I'm happy that all that money was spent making the dollar worthless. It's a worthless commodity. And it can go to hell with all those secret hidden pictures of spiders and owls that those big scary freemasons put into it. I'm really praying for the fall of the dollar. It's destroying rainforests and causing harm to the environment.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

It's real.

Face it.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Yes, I believe that would be a good start at peace, love and harmony.

Not to minimize your concern, as it is prudent to be vigilant because it's valid, but the only thing we need to fear is fear itself. I don't mean to sound cliché. Fear is the control mechanism of choice by the PTB.

Who, What, or Why...does not really matter. What matters is you have a right to freedom... freedom of the mind too... and fear is already enslaving you.

Break free from your fear. Prepare and live life.

Deny Ignorance and Fear!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

You can wish all you want. I too wish the sky was blue everyday.

Anyway, it's fear. That is the meaning.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkabah
Share and pass on to family and friends!!!

Thats funny

I thought it was the crash of 2008.....as it was said all of last year

Oh wait, there was a shift in the time-space continuum and the timeline has shifted 2.5 percent just like John Titor said

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

you beat me to it i just got the same graph you posted.

Bottom line folks is whether you like fox news or not they are telling you exactly what you can find if you look!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Looks like it tops off at 1776. It's already on wikipedia. Does anyone understand any of these numbers and what they represent?

1776 is celebrated by the United States of America as the official beginning of its nationhood. 1776, or MDCCLXXVI, is the number shown at the bottom of the pyramid on the American dollar bill, and on the tablet held by the Statue of Liberty.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by WISHADOW]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

So if we all just put on our happy faces and go about business as usual everything will be hunky dorey? Wow, lets all of us just start putting out those positive vibes and the world will come together in peace, love and harmony.

Yeah, I guess that's what I'm saying...

OR... we can all get scared and believe Chicken Little when he says the sky is falling... until it actually does.

I live in Las Vegas. We have the highest reported unemployment rate in the nation to date. I just got laid off from my job, as did my girlfriend. Am I worried about it? Not really, and I'll tell you why...

I never had any money. I never bought stocks. I don't have a 401k. The job I lost was a 11.50 an hour job. I'm not worried. I'll tell you what. It is a really good time to be poor in America.

As for those of us who actually had something to lose, for them I feel. Local governments are adding lines to support the increased volume of calls to the suicide helplines. Here in Las Vegas, there are over 10,000 homeless veterans, not counting all the people who are homeless that are NOT veterans. If you've never seen pictures of Tent City in Las Vegas, I'm sure you can Google it and get some kind of idea.

My point is only that it is pointless to voluntarily succumb to the negativity of it all. Yes, positivity of thought and deed is really the only weapon against it we have. To not put out those 'positive vibes' is to invite feelings of defeat and hopelessness. If you don't believe that it actually works, then by all means, don't try. But I emplore you and anyone to experiment with the power of positive thinking. Oh, but then do something positive as well. The thinking doesn't really work without putting in some effort to back it up.

There, there's my one real post for the year. See y'all when the snow falls again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join