It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel tested new weapon in Gaza?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I saw this news article on RussiaToday and I was absolutely horrified that this had happened. I was in two minds about posting this, but knowing that Russia Today is a very credible source and unlike any of the Israeli or Palestinian propaganda machineries I came to the conclusion that there actually may be something in this.

Are there even weapons like this? I want to believe that no nation would use weapons like this against any human beings or animals. So I am on the fence about this story.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The journalist in the video mentions Tungsten alloys...Could this be a similar description posted in one of the many threads here during the recent Gaza event of a munition that used powdered Tungsten to enhance the blast effect?

I'll try and find the link, but I distinctly remember reading of a similar case of 'unconventional weapons' being used in the Lebanese conflict in '06.

The alleged munitions were said to contain plastic shrapnel rather than metallic, making post-trauma identification of embedded fragments impossible as plastic doesn't show up under X-Ray

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Plastic shrapnel.
When you detonate any explosive device you will pick up extra shrapnel from thing around the area of the blast.

As for Tungsten alloys these have been used in weapons since WW1
and are nothing new.
The perpetrators in small caliber armor penetrating ammo have been made from Tungsten alloys since WW1

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Plastic shrapnel.
When you detonate any explosive device you will pick up extra shrapnel from thing around the area of the blast.

I'm still looking for the link to the news story on plastic shrapnel that I referred to in my previous post, but it was described by one of the emerbency surgeons that he removed what could be described as plastic 'flechettes' rather than pulverised environmental plastic from the blast area

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Dr Eric Fosse check your source.
this is propaganda

He is a political activist and member of the Norwegian Maoist ‘Red’ party. Not only is he viscerally hostile to Israel and a long-standing activist in the Palestinian ‘solidarity’ movement, but he even supported the 9/11 attacks.
gatesofvienna.blogspot.com...
web.me.com...
forthardknox.com...
www.honestreporting.com...
www.friendsoflebanon.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Your counterclaims are only supported by Israeli propaganda machinery. MEMRI , JTA and the same usual suspects. At least I can say that Russia Today has never been pro either Israel or Palestine. I would suggest you counter the argument with credible sources.

Plus your links all lead to accusatory articles about a Dr Mads Gilbert. Do you have any that aren't Israeli propaganda machinery that speak directly about Fosse? Also why use the whole communists are evil route when you have proof of his collusion with Hamas? It's just disingenious and is totally detrimental to your argument.

Dr Eric Fosse works for NORWAC.

The Norwegian Aid Committee (NORWAC) is a humanitarian organization that works mainly with health care issues. Our work is based on the principle of solidarity and equality regardless of religion, race and ethnic belonging.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

join