It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A weird experience??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
About a week ago I have a very vivid dream. I don't want to go into details about it because there was a whole bunch of thing that didn�t make sense and there were some part that did make sense.

Anyway, as I came out of my dream and started to wake up a very weird feeling came about me. For some reason I could not move a muscle. I didn�t feel paralyzed cause I could feel myself trying to move so I could sit up. I tried for about 10 second trying to move my body but it wasn�t working. I closed my eyes for a while and I�m not sure if I went back to sleep. I woke back up in the same predicament. I kept trying to move but it seems that I couldn�t. It almost felt like the electrodes that move my muscles in my body were overloaded. I stayed awake this time and after a couple of attempts finally I was able to get up.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience? Has anyone heard of something like this happening before? You thoughts please.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
this is a known pysical "proublem" (no theres NOTHING wrong with you)

it happends to everyone and some people get it alot, they have linked it to not getting enf sleep..

its when the part of your mind that moves you eyes and stuff are awake but the part of the brain that controle your bodie are still "off"

(happend to me 2 times)

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ok cool because it has happned to me about 3 times now.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Sleep paralysis....

-p

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This has happened to me before several years ago. It was like I could not talk move or anything. It was very un-nerving. No body was able to explain it to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
yeah its higher awareness and its cool.......its just realizin'state of REM

feel it go with it ........its a gift if it happens again

you were in a strange state of awareness of SP and its totally natural

induce it and play with it

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
yeah its higher awareness and its cool.......its just realizin'state of REM

feel it go with it ........its a gift if it happens again

you were in a strange state of awareness of SP and its totally natural

induce it and play with it

Hummm.... You know what the whole time I was in this state I was unusually calm. I have been trying to heighten my awareness. I think it might just be working. Thanx for the insight.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
My friend once woke up at like 5 AM and couldnt move for like 2 hours and couldnt go back to sleep. He doesnt know why. That would suck if it ever happedn to anyone.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I had that once. Just once, thank god. I woke and couldn't move at all. I was "oh my god" over and over again. Then I moved my arm and I was ok again. It was very scary and even I know what it was now (I didn't them) it still scares me and I get worried that it will happen again.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis? That's happened to me several times. The first time it happened I had the "visions" with it. I saw this really scary looking old lady dressed completely in white and she had glowing red eyes. She just kept moving closer to me until it finally went away. I was only in the 3rd grade and I was so creeped out by it and I went to school and told everyone I saw a ghost and that it tried to eat me or something like that. This was pretty bad considering I went to a Catholic school.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
this happened to me once. my eyes never opened but i was fully aware. i tried to open my eyes but i couldn't. this lasted maybe 30 seeconds.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Something along these lines happened to me a few times. I'm sleeping and all of a sudden I'm conscious, but I can't wake up. My eyes won't open either, and it's not a dream. I count in my head and talk to myself. It annoys me and I get kinda scared when it happens. I count to three and try and get up and it doesn't happen. Hopefully just sleep paralysis.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGloom
Sleep paralysis? That's happened to me several times. The first time it happened I had the "visions" with it. I saw this really scary looking old lady dressed completely in white and she had glowing red eyes. She just kept moving closer to me until it finally went away. I was only in the 3rd grade and I was so creeped out by it and I went to school and told everyone I saw a ghost and that it tried to eat me or something like that. This was pretty bad considering I went to a Catholic school.

Its common to manifest a being of some ominous nature. Even if you dont actually see one, an ominous feeling, dark and dreadful can come over you or a sense of evil presence its your mind, thats all.
Many people who fear they have been abducted by being s mistake the experience because of this phenomanon. Many feel the being holding them down--manifested because the chest feels heavy do to paralyzed state of muscles in the area,, a feeling of being unable to breathe , and other unpleasant sensations

It can be quite real-seeming, SP can be frightening...but its nothing to lose sleep over.

It can be kind of fun, if you just roll with it, ..lucid dreaming and other interesting experiences can occur during the paralyzed state of awareness

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I've researched SP to no end. I first came across it in the 9th grade on Snopes, I think when I was researching an Urban Legend project for school. When I read about it, something clicked in my head that I had experienced it before. I took the papers in and it scared the crap out of my friends. They didn't sleep real well for a few weeks.

Here's a pretty good link about it. The links at the end of it are good too. www.arts.uwaterloo.ca...

It even says how to cope with it.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hey, three things:

I have a friend that hasn't really been able to sleep much since he hit puberty. He spends most nights laying awake, staring at the ceiling. Often he cannot move his whole body, but sometimes it's just his arm or leg. He slept in the top bunk, most of his life. He used to jump down from there without checking what could move. He'd try to land, but would fall over and hit something because his leg mescles refused to move to support him.

I sometimes wake up after some nightmare (which, suprisingly, they don't frighten me, just wake me up with no desire to re-enter the dream) with something at the end of my bed. I turn, look, mentally yell at it to go away, and turn back onto my stomach--I wake up after thrashing about--might have statrted out on my back. Sleeping with music stops it from happening, all that often. (I normally sleep perfectly fine--though I have my insomnia bouts, like everyone else.)

There is also the thought that sleeping on your back may sometimes align you chakras--something you try to do when meditating with them. It cases the energy to flow a bit less unimpeeded--it could cause a major release of energy. Not necessarily a bad thing.

new topics

top topics

join