It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention! Are there Meteors Heading this Way Right Now? Pictures/Very Clear

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

Yes. There is. We have a poster stating with "90% certainty" that massive objects are hurtling towards Earth. For those of us not living in fantasy land, that's some serious stuff. So it merits (at least for a moment) serious inspection. What validity lies at the core of this assertion of fact? The answer is nothing meaningful. The original poster stated in his last post that the coincidences are alarming. I challenge that that is a statistically and scientifically untrue. No data has been presented that suggests any correlation. The real odds of this are in the billions to one. Not 90%. And so whether that person is looking to astute minds for help or not, the fact he does not know the difference between 90% and billions to one is concerning. There is one astute mind he may want to seek before those here and that's a Psychologist. If this person truly believe that sans any scientific evidence that points to anything real that we are about to be pulverized by a giant objects, and with 90% certainty, then I think that's troubling. How you could openly accept these claims without challenging them is absurd. Thus my post was absolutely warranted. Someone has to represent the sane here. I'm all for examining anything, but starting with an assertion as fact and then working backwards is an insult to those of us who seek answers in a sincere and intelligent way.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What is this in the bottom left where I marked over top?

If you've watched the video on the site then this thing remains stationary and gets more visible with the solar activity. I think it also has a hole in the middle by the looks of it and it has some ring of cloud or something that is seen moving around it...

I checked the trajectory for the days around it and Saturn was not around that area...

An unmarked picture is available on the previous page...

Check it out please... Is it the Death Star?

Just Joking('
')

[edit on 16-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna I just wish the person you posted it to YouTube had bothered mentioning what it was supposed to be images of.

Source is here... this is 29th Jan 2009 You can see the other dates
Contact info is on the NASA site but they also do not give a description

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

[edit on 16-2-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

It's... it's... I dunno. One of those moving specks I mentioned before (the second one, for those counting) goes behind it, and comes out the other side. The light from the moving object attenuates somewhat, as if the foreground object were translucent rather than opaque, but it only completely disappears briefly. Could be a smudge on the lense, or a weak spot in the CCD. It IS donut shaped, though, as the speck returns to full brightness when it's in the "hole"

By the way, those spots you outlined on the previous page look impressive in the 30 fps video, but I'm still not convinced they're rocks headed for the camera (which appears to be at the trailing "trojan" point in earth's orbit, 60 degrees "behind" us, not at earth's position)

nenothtu out

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
That video is showing jupiter igniting I believe. The large light that overtakes the smaller one near the end has been suggested to be jupter overtaking venus, which appears to ignite after it leaves the view of the sat.

Its ok. Its not Jupiter igniting. Impossible. Not gonna happen. Its mass is way to low to fuel an ignition into a new star. Not dense enough either for that matter. Whatever this is it has nothing to do with Jupiter.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
can this not be a direct result whats being projected into space. from our sun?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

its a camera lens! its been debunked on ats before like i have said 3 times now

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Its a discussion, all views are welcome (even if some could be more civil and better put).

I personally am fascinated by phenomenon such as this. It gives you a certain level of understanding to even be able to comprehend it one way or another.

I can honestly see why most people would see that as objects, when I first saw it, it looked like the sun blew a chunk of mass off. Though, anything like that would be way more spectacular, possibly ending civilization right then and there and we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with.

Magnetic fields can do some crazy things as well, and even our best sats lack in accurate imaging when that much light is involved.

My advice, just keep watching, gathering data, and keeping the discussion analytical.

(My current set up will not allow me to log in for some reason, but I believe my username here is cleverghost, currently working to resolve)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
those are obviously sun flares, notice how they follow by arch shapes of translucent shapes off the sun.

gettin worked up over no reason

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I have acknowledge the possible lens flare yes...

I've also seen the bottom planet image as being some type of artifact of the camera lens... but I haven't seen this evidence yet and nobody's provided a link.

My concern in this is the trajectory of the objects that I've pointed out that are clearly seen with distinct shape and do not disperse as the other plumes of sun magnificence do. They remain in clear view until the camera is placed into a state that no one can see them gaining in size....

I know.... It's just another coincidence... Just like some congressman's relative, years before the OKC bombing, wrote a fictional book about a terrorist bomber named Timothy McVeigh....

Coincidence... yes...
Rgds

[edit on 17-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
ok heres one for you

cor1.gsfc.nasa.gov...

COR1 image processed using the Normalizing-Radial-Graded Filter (NRGF)
COR1 image processed using the Normalizing-Radial-Graded Filter (NRGF) technique as described in Morgan, Habbal, and Woo, "The Depiction of Coronal Structure in White-Light Images", Solar Physics, 236, 263-272, 2006. This technique enhances the contrast of coronagraph images, and makes it easier to see the fainter structures far out from the Sun.

Prominence eruption
An erupting prominence glows brightly in this COR1-Ahead image from April 9, 2008. This is by far the brightest prominence seen by COR1 since the start of the mission. Complex twisting motions are seen as the prominence erupts.

i think you should consider how this devise works (its a filter remember) abnomilies are going to be frequent

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
looks like i may of hit the nail on the head with the sat theory and the suns solar wind

news.bbc.co.uk...

Solar wind blows at 50-year low
By Jonathan Amos
Science reporter, BBC News
Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Engineers expect contact to be lost with Ulysses very soon
The solar wind - the stream of charged particles billowing away from the Sun - is at its weakest for 50 years.

Scientists made the assessment after studying 18 years of data from the Ulysses satellite which has sampled the space environment all around our star.

They expect the reduced output to have effects right across the Solar System.

Indeed, one impact is to diminish slightly the influence the Sun has over its local environment which extends billions of kilometres into space.

Even though the end is now in sight, every day's worth of new data is adding to our knowledge of the Sun and its environment

Richard Marsden
Esa's Ulysses project scientist
Confirmation of that prediction should come from the far-distant Voyager spacecraft which were launched in the 1970s and are now bearing down on the edge of the heliosphere - the great "bubble" of wind material that surrounds the Sun.

Scientists now predict the Voyagers will hit the edge and cross over into interstellar space - that region considered to be "between the stars" - sooner than anticipated.

Space age

The solar wind, which originates in the Sun's hot outer atmosphere known as the corona, gusts and calms with the star's familiar 11-year cycle of activity (but also over its less well known longer cycles, too).

Calmer wind conditions would be expected to prevail right now, but the Ulysses data indicates circumstances unprecedented in recent times.
The Sun is a variable star; activity rises and falls in cycles

"This is a whole Sun phenomenon," said Dave McComas, Ulysses solar wind instrument principal investigator, from Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio, US.

"The entire Sun is blowing significantly less hard - about 20-25% less hard - than it was during the last solar minimum 10-15 years ago.

"That's a very significant change. In fact, the solar wind we're seeing now is blowing the least hard we've see it for a prolonged time, since the start of those observations in the 1960s at the start of the space age."

In addition to being calmer, the wind measured at Ulysses is 13% cooler.

However, judging from Sun activity data collected by non-satellite methods over the past 200 years, the current behaviour is thought to be well within the long-term norm.

Nonetheless, scientists expect the weakened wind to have a wide range of impacts.

Energetic rays

The charged wind particles also carry with them the Sun's magnetic field, and this has a protective role in limiting the number of high-energy cosmic rays that can enter the Solar System.

More of them will probably now make their way through.

Many of these rays, which include electrons and atomic nuclei, originate in exploding stars and at black holes, and move at colossal speeds.
The Voyager spacecraft will move beyond the solar wind's influence

They pose no major risk to people on Earth because our atmosphere also works to reduce their intensity; but they are a consideration for space operations.

The rays can damage satellite electronics, and if current solar wind conditions persist, engineers would have to take this into account when deciding how to "harden" their spacecraft. Astronauts, too, are at risk from the higher doses of radiation associated with cosmic rays.

"The Sun also puts out cosmic rays in the form of bursts and these bursts are much less frequent at solar minimum. However, when they do occur at solar minimum, they are more lethal, so this is not a good time to be travelling in space owing to both kinds of cosmic rays," explained Professor Nancy Crooker, from Boston University, Massachusetts, US.

"Reduced solar activity also leads to the cooling of Earth's upper atmosphere and if Earth's upper atmosphere is cooler then there is less drag up there on satellites and this means we are left with much more debris up there - which is also something astronauts have to look out for."

Some researchers have attempted to link the intensity of cosmic rays at Earth to cloudiness and climate change. Current conditions may be a good opportunity to test these ideas further.

Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue Feb 17 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Indeed, one impact is to diminish slightly the influence the Sun has over its local environment which extends billions of kilometres into space.
Even though the end is now in sight, every day's worth of new data is adding to our knowledge of the Sun and its environment

They are even part of it.... Something they aren't telling us?

That sounds like it was made up by a marketing firm to sell you the story of the impact but on their terms. Can nobody see what they are doing?

Look at the language, impact, which extends billions of kilometres into space, "Deep Space". Deep impact... The end is now in sight, so every day is worth it.

You probably won't see it...

Rgds

[edit on 17-2-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Did a little bit of research on the fire ball activity. And so far I have to say we are having a very active year. These do not include multiples for the same Fireball. Which are A, B, C, ect.

Jan, 1st, 2009 - Feb, 15, 2009 128 Reports

Jan, 1st, 2008 - Feb, 15th, 2008 - 67 Reports

Jan, 1st, 2007 - Feb, 15th, 2007 - 78 reports

Jan, 1st, 2006 - Feb, 15th, 2006 - 57 Reports

Jan, 1st, 2005 - Feb, 15th, 2005 - 38 reports

So as you all can see something strange is going on. We are getting 2 to 3 times the normal fire balls already. Makes you wonder what will be next.

Just thought I would add this: This is for US sightings only. and only from reported sightings.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by pmbhuntress]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Haha almost every thread I have read involves some outlandish conspiracy theory.

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Feb 17 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Well...Dallas is a long way away from the Atlantic and Pacific coast.
Could be he's expecting some sort of 'Coastal event' like a big piece of stone dropping from outer space creating a wave.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Just wanna call a quick timeout... before certain people get too stuck on ego.
Pantangele, My view that you require your own thread still stands. I like your stance on the validity of the role of the conspiracy theorist but feel if I am to construct a fair reply than I am off topic.
The OP leads with the question "Are meteors heading this way" The OP felt compelled to ask this question on the back of seeing images from STEREO.
Personally the pictures mean nothing to me... I can see what the poster can see but images of this kind are foreign to me. I am open to being mislead on what we can and can't actually see.
What did grab my attention while reading this thread was a report on Sky news telling me of the debris falling from the sky in Texas. The event in Texas was linked to a satellite collision in space... it was enough for me to grab my light saber.
Now after a quick search it seems we are experiencing a lot of activity in the sky... Is this activity more than usual? I don't know... it seems to be, but if someone can provide me with valid information showing otherwise than I'm open to the idea everything is indeed fine and dandy. (Even if an increase is proved it doesn't mean the world will end!)
If there is more activity than normal than I think it would be fair to start looking into the possible effects of solar activity on the Earth as a whole and also we should try to find out if anything else could be coming our way...
If it turns out to be a storm in a tea cup... than cool, crisis over we will move on to the next topic of our choice.
Remember each person plays an important role... debunkers are important on this site, so are the speculators. Treat it like a court room but leave the ego outside.
I've noticed pmbhuntress has provided links showing a increase in activity. Can anyone prove this to be false? Well played pmb, for taking the time to provide the links.
Ok, timeout over... let the game continue.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Beanhearbeefor]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
lol apart my conspiracy is backed by science, is not actually a conspiracy as such, more of a scientific theory (rather like the one some govs are linking Co2 emmisons to climate change) although that really dont wash to much as the scientific evidence dont add up.

www.abd.org.uk...

MYTH Carbon Dioxide levels in our atmosphere at the moment are unprecedented (high).
FACT Atmospheric carbon dioxide levels, currently only 350 parts per million have been over 18 times higher in the past at a time when cars, factories and power stations did not exist — levels rise and fall without mankind's help.

MYTH Mankind is pumping out carbon dioxide at a prodigious rate.
FACT 96.5% of all carbon dioxide emissions are from natural sources, mankind is responsible for only 3.5%, with 0.6% coming from fuel to move vehicles, and about 1% from fuel to heat buildings. Yet vehicle fuel (petrol) is taxed at 300% while fuel to heat buildings is taxed at 5% even though buildings emit nearly twice as much carbon dioxide!

MYTH The recent wet weather and flooding was caused by mankind through 'global warming'
FACT Extreme weather correlates with the cycle of solar activity, not carbon dioxide emissions or political elections, the recent heavy rainfall in winter and spring is a perfect example of this — it occurred at solar maximum at a time when solar maxima are very intense — this pattern may well repeat every 11 years until about 2045.

MYTH There are only a tiny handful of maverick scientists who dispute that man-made global warming theory is true.
FACT There are nearly 18,000 signatures from scientists worldwide on a petition called The Oregon Petition which says that there is no evidence for man-made global warming theory nor for any impact from mankind's activities on climate.
Many scientists believe that the Kyoto agreement is a total waste of time and one of the biggest political scams ever perpetrated on the public ... as H L Mencken said "the fundamental aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed, and hence clamorous to be led to safety, by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary" ... the desire to save the world usually fronts a desire to rule it.

BUT WHEN YOU SEE THE SCIENCE — HEY THE MYTHS ARE DEAD
THOSE GREEN MYTHS ... GET THEM OUTTA YOUR HEAD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we can see global warming dont wash so what else could of caused the freak weather we have been experiencing? obvious isnt it>?

Our modern day of age is only just learning about space weather, and the past solar weather like the 1859 super solar storm and how it all works and interacts. We are learning how that would affect modern day life if it happenend now or in the future. (which is inevitable) many scientists say super solar storms prob happen every 100 years or so- meaning we are over due, It its somthing we should address. The facts and evidence speaks for its self. And to be quite honest we are only just starting to tackle these questions, Which are providing us with some strong evidence that our magnetic earths shield is weakening. (scientifically proven to be 10 - 15 percent weaker)

Now we can show how this affects the earth during solar storms. and many many years of the earths magnetic field weakening is a fart in the earths life cycle scale of things. And IS NORMAL i do not for tell gloom and doom and it is not my intention. But i do say we need to take solar storms seriously. And put better protection for our way of life when these electrically charged storms come our way. (which they will at some point).#

peace!

[edit on 17-2-2009 by theflashor]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join