It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US intel predicts Israel-Iran war in 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

US intel predicts Israel-Iran war in 2009

www.presstv.ir

The US intelligence chief reportedly expects Israel and Iran to engage in a major military confrontation before the end of the year.

Dennis Blair, the newly-appointed head of US intelligence, said Tel Aviv will eventually declare war on Tehran as a last-ditch effort to curb Iran's enrichment capabilities, Israeli daily Ha'aretz reported on Saturday.

Detailed military plans to bomb Iran's nuclear infrastructure have long been on the table in Tel Aviv.

Israel accuses Iran, a signatory to the...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: clipped quoted content to 500 char. limit]

[edit on 14-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I know there has been speculation that Israel might attack but this is starting to get scary.... does this mean it's more likely to happen then not? I hope it doesn't happen and if it actually does then I pray it doesn't start WWIII.

I think Russia and China have said that if Iran is attacked they will see it as an attack on it's own Country,more Russia than China but you would think since China get a lot of it's oil from there they would get involved at some point.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-2-2009 by thecry]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
China wouldn't get involved military wise,they have poured alot of money into Iran though so they would support them with intelligence,supplies etc..although we have been hearing about an israeli strike on iran for quite some time now..the only difference now is the new crazy leader in Israel.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Lets look at the Israeli record.

1. A declared policy of expansion and appropriation of other peoples land.
2. A policy of intimidation by overflights of military aircraft over neighbours airspace.
3. A history of war crimes against civilian populations.
4. A history of ignoring just about every UN resolution brought against it.
5. A policy of assassination of it's enemies on foreign soil.
6. A nuclear weapons programme, unmonitored and outside the control of the NPT.

Are they not the definitions of a "rogue" nation?

Why is Iran pilloried by the western politicos and the compliant media for so much less than Israel gets away with?

Israel knows that, should it attack Iran, it will bring the US into the fight to absorb the retaliation that would be sure to follow.
I don't know what route the Israelis would take to get there either but whether through Iraq or Afghanistan it would be with US permission and assistance, thus the USA would be involved anyway.

Israel seems determined to be ruler of the region and wants everyone else to go fight their biggest regional enemy. Question is, will everyone rally round Israel if they attack Iran? I'd expect the US to do so, given the amount of bought and paid for political support from Israel, whether the American people agreed with it or not, but some European nations might back off of any involvement.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I fear that it is reality, for 2009. Even if the source is very very biased and rarely has true info Israel might strike Iranian nuclear facilities. And it might start a regional war.
Still - it is not 100 percent sure. Israel can never strike Iran without US agreement to this action. And i see no way current administration would agree to that unless Iranian leader/Hizbollah do something stupid. The problem is that i personally think that Iranian leadership wnats Israeli strike at least just as Israeli leadership. Due to what reasons - religious, political or others, beats me.
Britguy
And as for Israel is rogue country because it wants to be regional superpower - this is nonsence. Was Britain rogue nation when it fought in Napoleonic wars or WW1 to keep its position as superpower? Or it is ok because they are not Israel? By the way:

1. A declared policy of expansion and appropriation of other peoples land.

I think that people from Britain should be the last to lecture about that to anyone. Was it not: sun never sets on Union Jack....

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
We can discuss about this long or not but Iran is building way and way more centrifuges then just for nuclear [controlled]energy. Thats a simple fact if intel is saying they dont have a that weapon or not seeing them working on it at this time..not something i should rely on.. Besides Hezbolah and Hamas are still well supported by Iran and so are Shia groups in Iraq.
Israel has all the right to defend themselves, sadly conventional arms only would not work, they have my fiat..

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Israel has the right to defend themselves as does Iran. If I was in the ME, I would want nuclear weapons to deter the threat from Israel. If one country has nuclear weapons, then all of their neighbours seek them as well. If Israel is disarmed, then Iran will have no reason to pursue nuclear weapons. While the most aggressive expansionist nation in the region has nukes, then their neighbours will also aspire to have them.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Blah, Blah, Blah.....Oh Wait!.....I predicted this months ago.........

Obamassiah may have already given his brother in Iran the go ahead.......

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
We can discuss about this long or not but Iran is building way and way more centrifuges then just for nuclear [controlled]energy. Thats a simple fact if intel is saying they dont have a that weapon or not seeing them working on it at this time..not something i should rely on.. Besides Hezbolah and Hamas are still well supported by Iran and so are Shia groups in Iraq.
Israel has all the right to defend themselves, sadly conventional arms only would not work, they have my fiat..

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Foppezao]

How many centrifuges are needed to produce civillian electricity supply?

Hamas and Hezbollah may be supported by Iran, but wasn't Suddam and al quida supported by the US once?

Since whan has taking over a peoples land called defending?
what is it that the Palestinians are doing if not defening an ever shrinking land owned by them?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Please note the size of all the 'arab" countries and the tiny "dot" that covers Israel.........

Now, who has "land" for the poor?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Why would the chief of US intelligence, be telling anything to an Iranian news agency that speaks complete BS at least once a day?

Presstv reminds me of Baghdad Bob, telling everyone Iraq was defeating the Americans as American tanks were driving past his window.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I think that people from Britain should be the last to lecture about that to anyone. Was it not: sun never sets on Union Jack....

Don't you mean they are the best to lecture on it. They were the world superpower for nearly 500 years.

top topics

join