It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Almost Had A Break-In

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Not too sure where to post this, so i'll just put it here for now. I've been cruising the site all day today, had a nice little fire in my hibachi in the backyard for about an hour, and then came back inside to peruse the site some more. About an hour in, and I look out of my bedroom window and see 4 shadowy figures seemingly attempting to break into my roommates work van. He's an HVAC guy so he has tons of tools and torches etc. onboard, very expensive stuff. Needless to say I was freaked, ran outside with my glock and a 2lb rubber mallet and scared them off. Very freaky stuff though!!!! Of note, I live in central Phoenix and things have been getting more and more sketchy here it seems. Just wanted to pass the story along and letcha all know i'm okay, I was full on ready to discharge my weapon if necessary but they scattered to the four corners. Going to be on high alert for some time now, I specifically thank the neighbors dogs for giving me a heads up to the situation. Your thoughts or similar personal accounts are appreciated!!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Pour a drink , blow a spiff ( if you partake) and ask yourself why. Why didnt you bust a cap in their asses?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i wanted to, trust me i did! lol. too many houses nearby though, i didn't want to "bust a cap" unless completely necessary. they ran like olympic champions once they saw my ass barrelling out the back door with a gun lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It was really brave of you. You managed to warn off four intruders single handedly, that is great will power, and that too with a mallet alone!

My advice is that if the van contains expensive tools, park it in the garage or if there is no garage rent one and park it overnight. Or better still, if the tools are small, keep it inside the home for the night.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
wish we had a garage, but all we've got is a fence and a cement driveway. granted the next-door neighbors' dogs tipped me off, and i had more than a mallet lol....i was carrying a glock in my right hand, mallet in my left. i think they saw the gun cuz i flipped the lights and just charged them haha. i was so scared yet pissed that i just went for the, 4 mexican boys from what i could see too. thank god they apparently weren't armed because a firefight would've been horrible

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Good for you. Keep that gun handy tonight. In case they come back.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I think when your roommate comes home, he will be shouting, "My hero!! My hero!!!!" And just in time for Valentine's Day, too!! Sounds like things will be getting pretty hot and heavy in central Phoenix.

But seriously, I'm glad you're okay and that was a very brave thing of you do to. Your roommate is very fortunate to have you as a friend.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Good for you. Keep that gun handy tonight. In case they come back.

i plan on it! we have exterior lights on all sides of the house which i will be keeping on all night. this is especially freaky because my two roommates are out of town for two days.
then again i think about growing up in the dirty D and it almost feels like home, lol.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
I think when your roommate comes home, he will be shouting, "My hero!! My hero!!!!" And just in time for Valentine's Day, too!! Sounds like things will be getting pretty hot and heavy in central Phoenix.

But seriously, I'm glad you're okay and that was a very brave thing of you do to. Your roommate is very fortunate to have you as a friend.

hey thanks PJ! I know my roommates would've done the same for me, especially Tre as he is an avid gun aficianado as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
wish we had a garage, but all we've got is a fence and a cement driveway. granted the next-door neighbors' dogs tipped me off, and i had more than a mallet lol....i was carrying a glock in my right hand, mallet in my left. i think they saw the gun cuz i flipped the lights and just charged them haha. i was so scared yet pissed that i just went for the, 4 mexican boys from what i could see too. thank god they apparently weren't armed because a firefight would've been horrible

No less horrible than killing a boy either I'm sure.

As you say it's lucky they weren't armed otherwise things could get messy.

They might come back prepared next time, you better upgrade to a rifle.

(Don't you love escalation)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I can hear the jibes from the 4 friends from here......."he beat us this time, next time we gunna take some guns of our own and teach that !@#$% a lesson".

Unfortunately this is how the crims think as i've gone through a similar scenario myself years ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

No less horrible than killing a boy either I'm sure.

As you say it's lucky they weren't armed otherwise things could get messy.

They might come back prepared next time, you better upgrade to a rifle.

(Don't you love escalation)

I'll be up all night so if they come they better have a damn arsenal! I haven't even bothered to report it to the Phoenix police as I know that they likely won't do a thing. That's all i need is reporters tomorrow morning asking for an interview and giving my location away to anybody with a hatred for white boys. Don't worry though, once i turn the lights out my glock and 30.06 will be within reaching distance of me

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

whatever you say. i always carry the glock in my belt now that i'm somewhere where it's LEGAL and the mallet just happened to be there so deal with it, like it or not.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
What is a "glock" ?

glad you are okay, my x father in laws van got broke into once (stole the stereo) so he put up a cam outside and has a small black and white tv that sits next to his big screen one so he can keep an eye on it, works in flooring so also has tons of expensive equipment....so far no more break ins.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tasim
What is a "glock" ?

glad you are okay, my x father in laws van got broke into once (stole the stereo) so he put up a cam outside and has a small black and white tv that sits next to his big screen one so he can keep an eye on it, works in flooring so also has tons of expensive equipment....so far no more break ins.

a glock comes in many calibers, mine happens to be a 40 caliber glock.
www.usglock.com...

thank you for your well wishes my friend. i've had my stuff back in the D stolen...everything. the car, stereo system, guitars and money in my house, all kinds of things. After those lessons i will never be unarmed again.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
People never cease to amaze me? I mean some people never take the time to try to live an honest life then turn around and act like You owe them when they steel from You. These entitlement people are truelly funny and I am just upset that we can't fill their asses full of rock salt so we could atleast have a good western ending.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Be careful, Lost likely if they could see valuable property in the van they will be back. or they will tell some "friends" about it.

If you can disable the van so that they can not steal it.
In most cases when they find a service truck they hot-wire it and take it somewhere they can unload it instead of just breaking in and stealing a few items.

One company i work for had a heavy gage screen barrier behind the seat that protected the driver from flying tools and a kill switch hidden to stop the van from starting even when hot-wired.

And they tried more then once to steal these vans but never got one started.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Be careful, Lost likely if they could see valuable property in the van they will be back. or they will tell some "friends" about it.

If you can disable the van so that they can not steal it.
In most cases when they find a service truck they hot-wire it and take it somewhere they can unload it instead of just breaking in and stealing a few items.

One company i work for had a heavy gage screen barrier behind the seat that protected the driver from flying tools and a kill switch hidden to stop the van from starting even when hot-wired.

And they tried more then once to steal these vans but never got one started.

wow that killswitch sounds pretty nifty. it's not my van so i'm not sure if it's equipped with something like that, but i know that it has GPS installed so if they took the whole van they would've been tracked down. I was more worried about my buddy's tools because most of it are his own personal tools.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
good for you sir !!
arizona has become a bad guy shooting gallery as of late.

www.kvoa.com...

heres video..
www.youtube.com...

www.azcentral.com...

www.azcentral.com...

keep up the good work AZ ! stay vigilant and stay alert.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join