It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so Mad about this BS Spending Bill... (Re-post)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I originally posted this in the wrong forum, I hope this is the right one. lol.

Please be kind in your responses, as this is my first post. I am excited to finally be a member here at ATS. I troll the site everyday, and now I can add in my $.02.

This spending bill makes me so angry I don’t even know where to begin. First of all, I voted for Obama, and to be honest I like him personally, but this bill is stunningly awful. This is not change!!! This is the same old Washington D.C. game that has been played for decades; reward those who put you in power. Both sides are guilty of this, but this bill goes way beyond the normal back room, secret handshake business of the past.

I don’t want to attack this bill from a printing / borrowing perspective because that always happens in Congress and for either side to get sanctimonious about that now is at least somewhat disingenuous. Where I am angry is the lack of vision. The focus, if you will. They are taking a Trillion… a TRILLION dollars and spreading it amongst all their interest groups, unions, pet projects, etc., etc., etc., and effectively canceling out any major benefit to the people because the spending is offset by the interest we will have to pay, and the inflation it will surely cause.

If Obama, I should say, President Obama, really wanted to change the way D.C. operates, why not do something that D.C. very rarely does, and that is simply… pause for dramatic effect… DO SOMETHING WELL!!!

Like I said, I’m philosophically opposed to borrowing / printing and spending, but if you are going to take $1,000,000,000,000.00 and spend it, at least have the courtesy to spend it wisely. I would propose that the government pick one maybe two things and focus on “changing” that. Take energy for example (I use energy because that is in-fact the most important issue in civilization, and rightfully so, but I digress). For that kind of money we could have invested in Orbital solar arrays that can focus the light back down to earth and power whole cities, wind power, cold fusion technology, (I forget the name, but basically water current energy generation), enhance / modernize our power grid, and numerous other ways to produce cheap, clean energy. My point is simply that for that kind of money we could have really invested in something that will change our nation, our world, and our species for that matter, for the better.

Congress and the President had a duty to do what is right here and they failed. Many who voted for the bill, and even the President himself have said that this bill isn’t close to perfect… So MAKE IT BETTER, or change it, or I don't know, come up wit a totally different idea. The point is, make sure we are spending this kind of money in a way that will definitely have a positive effect on future generations.

There was an opportunity to fundamentally upgrade and change our civilization and it is being squandered right in front of our eyes and there is nothing we can do about it. We could have changed the world with a trillion dollar investment and instead all we have done is line the pockets of the trail lawyers, the unions, the special interests, and the lobbyist that put these criminals in power to begin with.

Friday 13th, 2009. The day Hope for Change in the U.S.A. officially died.

Sad, just sad.

new topics

join