It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octuplet Mom Nadya Suleman Launches Website For Donations

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
They should name the doctor that performed the procedure the legal guardian of her eight children. As such CPS could make him to pay her child support. I bet he'd think twice before doing anymore IVF's for people without jobs..

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I want to know how an unemployed single mom that is living off "federal income" was able to get into a fertility clinic? All this when she already had six kids. Yeah I smell a mooch here.

-Aza

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What I have not found out is how much money did she pay for the doctor in beverly hills? I want to know and where she is getting this money from? I wonder if the IRS is paying attention to this. I am sure they could get a piece of the income. And why for crying out loud her parents did not just stop this? She was living in their home did they not know she was going in for implantation. I just feel so sorry for those kids.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I am sure everyone will be very nice to the children. At least I would hope so. I would be. They are blameless.

Some kids will pick on them, I am sure, but getting picked on when you are in school is pretty much a rite of passage. I personally dont know anyone who didnt get teased for something.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I left this comment at her panhandling site:

"You had them on purpose, so why didn't you save up first? I support my own kid, and I only have one because I know I can't afford another one. That's called responsible parenting. You shouldn't get a dime, but I guess John and Kate Gosseling set the handout standard for breeders who can't support the kids they have ON PURPOSE. Your doctor should lose his license for being stupid."

I know I am crass, but why do people do this? I bet she gets a TV show on TLC next. They can live in a million dollar house like the Gosselins with a chef and live off everyone's handouts. They too can have their potty training televised for the world to see. Brilliant. It isn't healthy for those kids to be born like that and they won't get any proper amount of individual attention from their mom. What about the kids she already had? She had a bunch before these babies. Now the older ones will be forced to be caretakers for the younger ones.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I would also strongly suggest everyone be very careful what comments you leave on her website. Let me refer to a thread I started:

Be careful what you post on line

[edit on 2/11/2009 by greeneyedleo]

I believe you've hit the nail square on the head with that one. They says psychos are the smart ones, who do things well thought out. She's already received money for the pictures (as posted by somebody else), she'll get money from TV personalities, plus the donations that she is probably receiving from the people who have not heard enough about her to share our disgust. I'd bet that she's playing the angle that she may be able to sue anybody who leave obscene comments to her. It may not work, but I bet she thinks it will.

How exactly is $50k worth of education for her going to help her? How can she possibly get a full time job to support 14 kids, and take care of them at the same time. Daycare costs are outrageous. Food costs, clothing, etc. Heck, she'd have to hire an entire daycare staffe to to care for them all!

My wife went through IVF a year ago, because she can't have children the natural way. It costed $15k, and the doctor told her he would not plant more than three, and preferred not to plant more than two, due to the health risks.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkarella
What I have not found out is how much money did she pay for the doctor in beverly hills? I want to know and where she is getting this money from? I wonder if the IRS is paying attention to this. I am sure they could get a piece of the income. And why for crying out loud her parents did not just stop this? She was living in their home did they not know she was going in for implantation. I just feel so sorry for those kids.

Pinkarella: She paid the IVF clinic just over $100 000 for the six times she had embryos transferred. She got the money from a workman's compensation claim that also led to her receiving permanent disability payments.

Her mother had begged the doctor to not do any more IVF treatment, her parents had pleaded with her to stop. Instead she had it done anyway and only informed her parents after the fact. Her mother believes that it was another doctor that did it , but I doubt that. She probably told her parents it was someone else. Nadya Suleman has a problem with telling the whole truth.

I don't hate this woman, and I feel really sorry for all 14 of her children. The woman obviously has rather large issues, but I think it's important that America sends a really strong messages to women like her. Americans don't want to be conned into financially supporting someone else's children especially when it is totally selfish and an ongoing behavior.

Maybe Brad and Angelina should be told to adopt the octuplets as they are pretty much the inspiration for this scam.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
People will go to that site and give her money...mark my words.

People even send money to that Casey Anthony, the mother who is accused of killing little Caylee.

People are nuts...and that's how people like this woman make it. It's sick but true..

JMO

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Absolutely outlandish! She had a bunch of kids and then had a bunch more and she needs to beg to feed them. Unbelievable! I saw her interview on TV where she said that she can take care of her kids because she loves them. I doubt her "love" is legal tender when she goes to buy them FOOD.

Ugh... sorry... having grown up poor thanks to irresponsible parents this is a sore spot for me.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I feel sorry for her kids who will clearly be neglected as her mother will be busy handling their money and fame.

This woman is an ignorant fool...Watching the interview you get a sense of the amount of bull she is full of. She doesn't sit well with me at all and you can just tell how shiester-ish she is....

Frankly, I blame the media for creating the monster. She wanted fame and money, she's getting it because they keep reporting about her and her babies...The only reason this is a national story is because this woman is a complete fool and had 14 kids solo. Its unheard of and irresponsible. The media needs to stop giving her spotlight. Her 15 minutes is almost up, I give her another week the most before she's forgotten.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i can't believe this lady has the nerve to ask for donations. In case she has not realized it yet the country is in a RECESSION. It is ridiculous how she gets on television claiming when she finishes college that she will be able to take of her children yet she wants the taxpayers money. Bitch please. I will not donate one red cent to this stupid creature. This lady has no right to keep having children when her current children have no father and she has no job. She is not even married. And she claims to not depend on welfare how and she is already receiving welfare. This lady is a con artist. Please do not donate anything of your hard earned money to her.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The scam becomes even more convoluted. Nadya Suleman has "hired" a cavalry of helpers for her 14 children. YES and for free. Why mother when you can have it done by others.

The women's ministry at Cavalry Chapel in Diamond Bar will be rounding up volunteers to help Nadya Suleman, 33, care for the newborns when the octuplets are released from the hospital, church pastor Rex Wolins said Wednesday. The volunteers also will help with Suleman's six other children.

The news comes days after reports emerged that Suleman had attended Cavalry Chapel in the past.

"She is going through a great difficult time in her life, filled with a lot of anxiety, fear and a lot of stress," Wolins said. "All the ladies in the women's ministry here are just trying to fill a need a human need."

Wolins said he didn't know Suleman before the media storm that followed her octuplets' birth, and hadn't heard about her connection to Cavalry Chapel until it surfaced in the news.

He has never seen Suleman, and to Wolins' knowledge, neither has anyone else at Cavalry
"We really don't know to any great degree (if she's been here before)," Wolins said. "We just know this person is extremely hurting ... and this church wants to take care of needs, whether she did or she didn't attend this church."

Whittier Daily

Note how Nadya is getting the church behind her despite the fact that she had never been seen at this 14 000 member church before. Let's face it this woman and her publicist sure know how to play the game.

She also made a statement today that after the 14 children she now has she will no longer have any more. Yeah right! And even if she didn't she already has 14 more than she has ever looked after.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I JUST DONATED 0.05 CENTS ...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

"People have been calling us from around the world trying to make donations," Killeen said. "We needed to provide a vehicle where people could write to the family or make donations because everyone wants to donate."

Seems Nadya knows her clients, they love them babies and will pay any price to be part of the story. There should be a law against using your kids to make money.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What's interesting is that TLC has a weekly show called "Jon and Kate plus eight" and "17 kids and counting"...there are loads of folks making money off their children.

Maybe she thought that she would get a reality show...maybe she will.

It doesn't pay to play by the rules anymore..

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NickT916

You know that 5 cents will buy her a sperm and a half dont you?

Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread50556/pg1]Mod Note: Reposting of previous message – Please Review This Link.[/url]

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I think we should put up a link to contribute money to have her tubes tied.

That's cute, but the way I see it, you don't need your tubes untied to get IVF so that wouldn't help the cause in this situation anyway.

She got the IVF the first few times because her tubes are already blocked so she couldn't have a child naturally.

Yes, I'm a mother, a MOTHER OF 1 child. I don't see the need to have a full playing field for football to try and feed, clothe and keep a roof over everyone's heads.

This is just sick!

A_L

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
As a former fundraiser, this woman cannot legally raise money on her website because she's not a 501C3 tax exempt organization. Also, she's in a heap of trouble. She used her student loan money for non-educational purposes which is against the law. This woman is in debt for $60,000 with her student loans.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

I agree with you, she shouldn't get a dime. How does the doctor give her invetro fertilization with her not having a job and living off food stamps, kids disability payments and her mothers help. Wasn't six enough. She should have had her tubes tide after that. It is a shame that there are people like this out there. This is what is wrong with our world. People need to be screened better before these doctors knock them up with eggs that can give them 4,5,6 kids. But we know there will people who will give here money, and eventually she'll have an agent and the kids will be on TV and then they'll have there own TV show on the internet or TV the john and kate plus 8 (which is a show I boycott on the premise that is promotes this kind of behavior as we have in this situation.) I have a feeling she had these kids just to get her 15 minutes.

Secondly they need to improve the process so that these people who have these procedures done can only have one kid at a time. They need to fix this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join