It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 11 a prophecy?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
HTML was a close guess.
The universal language we speak, though, is binary code.
It just so happens that we have a near perfect, automatic, translating interface (keyboard).

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I was just looking for something on another thread when I came across this. Check it out. I'm not quite sure what they are trying to say. It is a slide show with sixteen panels. I kinda got the idea they were saying that the internet now removes the language barrier. Below is text from panel 3. Panel 15 has at the bottome Lake of Death. No explanation. ????

Digital Language = Far Reaching
- It is the 3rd great metamorphosis that allows us to communicate with others on a far reaching scale.
- Because of digital language, we are now “one homogeneous mass”, to quote Samuel Bowles.

www.slideshare.net...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I checked it out and I don't know man but it ends with lake of death, that's gotta be good right?

Information access
I guess their point is that now we can see what we want when we want and also say anything we want to anyone that will listen (oh, outside of the ATS Conspiracy I guess! I had to, I just read read some of those links, its just to much fun to claim conspiracy on those running a conspiracy site, its fun)
If you want to find others that think like you, they are no farther then after the next seach query...I think. the idea was stages of media, used to be you were lead along in the story, now you can make your own? Like the posts here like "bible gods word or mans" "why so much christian bashing" topics that got my attention and at first I considered joining the conversation, but after reading several pages it was mostly statements, a few guys they go round and round, but all get to share their ideas, oppose others, and choose to listen or not, they can repeat themselves ignore each other, its totally interactive, some just hit and run, but I read their ideas, and if I chose to I could have made a statement. Not like watching a show on the history chanel or reading a newpaper, the information is completely subjective (I think thats the term I want) I'm getting it now, and so maybe in that link they were suggesting we would all begin to think alike? Or maybe, we could all gain one conciousness.
Yeah, that's a bit far fetched. I dig it. I lean more toward God bringing unity, I do like fiction stories that entertain The Ghost in the Machine, would this be preparing us for the God in the Machine?
Either way, could I still claim that it was predicted by the story of the Tower of Babel, of course! That's the neatest thing about this interactive world we are now experiencing, we can believe whatever we want, and if someone doesn't agree, keep talking and we'll find someone who does.
Ok I just keep goin on and on, its because I keep writing this trying to post it, get kicked offline, so, as I go back online I write more, good thing I highlight and copy before I clik post....must be part of the conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

I like where you're going with this "Tower of Babel" theory. Another verse that blew my mind in the bible comes from Isaiah. Talking of the end-times and the coming kindom of God, Chapter 30 verse 25 gave me chills and fits in well with the "Tower of Babel" or "World Trade Center" attacks. Check it out...

Isaiah 30:25- There will be on every high mountain and on every high hill rivers and streams of waters, in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

If you read the whole chapter, it speaks of God's rebellious children. I found this verse particularly appealing to prophecy. I stumbled upon it while reading the entire bible from Genesis to Revelation for the first time about 2 years ago. I stopped dead in my tracks after this verse and never forgot it. I feel it has a lot to do with 9-11-01, especially with the line, "in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall." Towers is plural and there was a great slaughter on that day. I feel that 9-11 triggered a huge time in prophecy and ultimately caused the world we see today. Right now our "financial tower" is falling down and WILL hit bottom. God is throwing our mistakes in our faces right now as He should. The tower of Babel fell to spread the nations and languages. The towers of NYC fell to cause chaos and terror in the world and now the financial tower of Wall Street is collapsing to cause a breakdown in society. Anyone agree with that assessment or want to add to it? Good theory to the OP.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
Isaiah 30:25- There will be on every high mountain and on every high hill rivers and streams of waters, in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

i dont agree that this in anyway is referring to the twin towers.

1 - its initial prophecy is regardng the fall of the ten tribe northern kingdom of isreal. so the towers falling would literally be towers like guard towers or watch towers.

2 - if the passage had a second fulfillment, its referring to "god's people" which i highly doubt is americans

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
[edit on 13-2-2009 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
No one can say for certain the Tower of Babel story ever happened or why it happened.

However, I believe history does repeat itself. I've been studying Terence Mckenna lately. His work led him to finding that 4300 yrs of human history is being compressed into 67 years starting with 1945(first atomic bomb test) and ending in 2012. This is Interesting to me because eschatology teaches that the generation of Christ believers that are alive at the time of the re birth of the nation of Israel (1947) and Christ believers born thereafter 1947 will be raptured. Terence Mckenna refers to 2012 as the Eschaton and the Omega......although it will not be the end of mankind, but it will be the end of an era and the beginning of a new era that cannot be described right now. He believes time is going to cease on 2012.

He uses the I-Ching's 64 hexagrams and mathematics to demonstrate his theory of novelty and habit which demonstrates the rise and fall of epochs, cultures, ages, etc. He says that leading up to 2012 will see the past 4300 yrs of history plus the 67 yrs. being compressed again into 384 days. Then compressed again into 6 days and so on until 2012 we flat-line. It's interesting that he came up with this Time Wive Zero theory before he knew about the Mayan Calender ending in 2012. His formula just ended in 2012. It's also interesting that his Time Wave Zero is a fractal system. Here are some good videos and the last link is a good resource website to view more of his lectures and some of his writings.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

deoxy.org...

[edit on 14/2/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Fascinating stuff JM. I had no idea about this theory. I was browsing and came across this.

Bringing Down The Language Barrier ... Automatically
ScienceDaily (May 5, 2008)

The TC-STAR research partners developed components to handle each of those tasks, creating a platform that has brought the state of the art of translation technology a step closer to matching the performance of human translators.
In the meantime, components developed in the TC-STAR project have been made available under an open source license. The project has also led to at least one spin-off company and a follow-up initiative.
Called PerVoice, the spin-off is offering remote-automated transcription services for companies and public bodies.
“It saves them time and money to have minutes of meetings or town council sessions transcribed automatically,” Federico notes.
The follow-up project, JUMAS, focuses on developing a similar transcription system to record court trial proceedings.
www.sciencedaily.com...

I do want to look into those companies mentioned a bit further. This is certainly some exciting stuff.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
John, interesting stuff...I try to stay away from specific dates though I do try to recognize the signs of the times. I wouldn't want to get caught off guard while preparing for a time a few years off, if it comes early. I don't wanna be ridiculed if a specific time comes, and then goes. instead, I will be found ready when the time is here!
Jack, great a universal trasnlator eh, way to take all the wind out of my sails!!!! Hey, I came accross in interesting post you made in the NWO forum...I infered from that, something that adds to this...so we are coming to one language because the Evil one wants us too, ya think that is so when armeggedon comes, and the worlds leaders try to stand against him, they will think they have a chance? Its like miss-information, if we know it all and we are all powerful, who could possibly defeat us?
Dang for as smart as we become, we sure are dumb

I try to deny ignorace, but I lack self control

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Where I live I am unable to talk about any of these concepts with people....indeed they look at me very strange at the least mention of it.

I really think it's important to know the signs of the times we are in so we can prepare mentally and spiritually for what is to come.

I do believe we are speeding up and moving faster and faster towards something significant. I think hundreds, even thousands of people feel something big is going to happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sorry John, I didn't mean to dismiss your input, my connection is slow and my machine old...I had made previous lengthy replys that dissapeared and I lost patience....May I ask what is your teritory (I see Timbuktu, but uh yeah...where I am from Timbuktu refers just to the boonies, I know its a real place but it is also a common slang) I did appreciate that we agreed the past repeats itself, and I do also agree there seems to be a speeding up of time, but I had not heard of the time compresion theory. Fractals I have heard a little about and am interested, we also think along the same lines that it won't be an end of mankind but a definate transition in our reality. I am really watchin my words and trying not to get to preachy as mod's keep moving my thread. But I have to mention, the fractal path reminds me way to much of my years trying to reach a higher plane...I did way to much '___', mesculin, and various mushrooms for any healthy mind, had to stop chasing that idea when I began to fear that on my next trip I might not come back...and a few trips after that I really had to stop!!!! But I can't deny the evidence that there are aspects of the larger things in the smaller, then the smaller, and the smaller we go the more it looks like the larger......so be ready, because as the past repeats itself it is never EXACTLY the same we are at the apex of our last 6 thousand years, of that who could doubt
peace brother

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
I apparently posted this in the wrong forums previously...so here goes

I have a thought, and yes it hurts me too.
It seems history repeats itself, revelations and prophecies appear to have multiple fulfilments. Well, I wonder about a happening that had no prophecy other than it was going against Gods order: that being to spread out, multiply and fill the earth.
Early Genesis chapter 11, the story of the tower of Babel.
At that time there was but one language, and they gathered together, and decided it would be a good idea to build a tower that they may reach into heaven.
My thought is this, as I read and exlplore the internet and find sites like this I am confronted with the thought that we now for the first time in 5 thousand years, have one language.

Poeple from all over the Earth are talking, and with the co-operation of peoples all accross this beutiful planet it appears as though nothing is outside of our grasp.
Uh, isn't that the explanation God uses in Genesis 11:6 as a reason to go down, destroy the tower and confuse mans language and spread him about? KJV Gen 11:6-8 "and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound thier language that they many not understand one anothers speach so the Lord scattered them abroad"

So, outside of your normal end time prophecies, does this not strike anyone as possibly the trigger of the time that no one knows? Sure we have always had earthquakes and reports of wars, famine, hardship, starvation.....but when in last 5 millenia have we had one language, and has it seemed as though nothing is outside our grasp.

If I were God, now seems like a good time to humble mankind, and remind him that without my guidance he cannot rule himslef.

Is this a new idea? Or am I just not yet informed that my thoughts are neither new or provoking...It has all been done before right, some think thinking is plagerism.

Thanks for reading.

In a sense you are onto something. We are getting a little to big for our britches and yes he will put an end to us soon. We now have the ability to destroy the entire earth (God's creation) before he allows us to do such a horrible thing he will intervine. Revelations and Daniel tells us that. I would give you the scripture but I cannot think of it now. I will look it up and post it in a few.....

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i hate to sound this way, but the bible keeps looking more and more like a version of "how to trick a nice dummy"? I dont mean that insultingly as I was raised in the christian faith and did charity and projects growing up.

Im not against God, or Christ. Im just not sure that this whole self fulfilling story compilation is accurate or conveyed properly. The code could be satanic in nature, and the curse at the end of revelations could elude to that. Everything is possible with God..little clue there??

THings like this make my mind wander into the possibilty its some kind of intrution on truth. The truth of existence.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by mastermind77]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
i hate to sound this way, but the bible keeps looking more and more like a version of "how to trick a nice dummy"? I dont mean that insultingly as I was raised in the christian faith and did charity and projects growing up.

Im not against God, or Christ. Im just not sure that this whole self fulfilling story compilation is accurate or conveyed properly. The code could be satanic in nature, and the curse at the end of revelations could elude to that. Everything is possible with God..little clue there??

THings like this make my mind wander into the possibilty its some kind of intrution on truth. The truth of existence.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by mastermind77]

I hear what you are saying. I am starting to believe that there most be more than one God because the God that so many religions believe in just is not the God that I believe in. They tell you God is one way and then they have him doing or saying something that completely contradicts their description. When you point out the discrepancy they become angry and expect you just to go along with the program because you are not suppose to question God and God can do as he pleases.

It sounds more like a defense and an excuse to keep people ignorant, enslaved and controlled.

As long as I have you believing that I am better than you because God loves me best than I will always be able to manipulate and control you.

I am sorry but if this is the God that they worship then I guess it is good thing that he loves me less.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Here's the thing....THERE IS NO GOD....if anything WE are God. If i wanted to punch a priest in the face God would do nothing but sit on his throne laughing his a** off at the priest....come on folks

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I apparently posted this in the wrong forums previously...so here goes

I have a thought, and yes it hurts me too.
It seems history repeats itself, revelations and prophecies appear to have multiple fulfilments. Well, I wonder about a happening that had no prophecy other than it was going against Gods order: that being to spread out, multiply and fill the earth.
Early Genesis chapter 11, the story of the tower of Babel.
At that time there was but one language, and they gathered together, and decided it would be a good idea to build a tower that they may reach into heaven.
My thought is this, as I read and exlplore the internet and find sites like this I am confronted with the thought that we now for the first time in 5 thousand years, have one language.

Poeple from all over the Earth are talking, and with the co-operation of peoples all accross this beutiful planet it appears as though nothing is outside of our grasp.
Uh, isn't that the explanation God uses in Genesis 11:6 as a reason to go down, destroy the tower and confuse mans language and spread him about? KJV Gen 11:6-8 "and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound thier language that they many not understand one anothers speach so the Lord scattered them abroad"

So, outside of your normal end time prophecies, does this not strike anyone as possibly the trigger of the time that no one knows? Sure we have always had earthquakes and reports of wars, famine, hardship, starvation.....but when in last 5 millenia have we had one language, and has it seemed as though nothing is outside our grasp.

If I were God, now seems like a good time to humble mankind, and remind him that without my guidance he cannot rule himslef.

Is this a new idea? Or am I just not yet informed that my thoughts are neither new or provoking...It has all been done before right, some think thinking is plagerism.

Thanks for reading.

To get the answer to what you are looking for you have to go back a few chapters.

One thing to note and this would change many peoples view of the bible if they understood this. Much of the tense spoken in the Greek and Hebrew is a "current" tense. This is why it is hinted at so many times with passages stating "to this day". It means "To this Day".

Gen 4:3 And in the end of days, it happened that Cain brought an offering to Jehovah from the fruit of the ground.
Gen 4:4 And Abel brought, he also, from the firstlings of his flocks, even from their fat. And Jehovah looked to Abel and to his offering.

Let us start there. Often missed, but what people skip over is the fact that Adam means "Mankind", not one person. "God respects no man" This makes sense in light of all of mankind being Adam.

Have you ever seen those Japanese dolls that go inside one another smaller and smaller? That's how the bible works...same story, different names...keep that in mind.

We are in the Garden and the kingdom of heaven is at hand, which brings me to the next verse.

Gen 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam: In the day that God created man. He made him in the likeness of God.
Gen 5:2 He created them male and female, and blessed them, and called their name Adam in the day when they were created.

This is speaking of all of mankind.

Markers have been changed but the Mems should be the same. The stories are inside each other, but are all the same story, "only the names have been changed to protect the innocent".

The story of the tower of babel, which means confusion, is the same story as the Ark, but the names have been changed yet kept the same.

The ark is not a boat, but an ARC that is a Pyramid. The 7th and only remaining "Wonder" of the world.

Cain means "spear" is where the word Volcano comes from being Baal Khn. This is also the original Phallic representation. It was Cains face that "Glowed Red" when he "Rose up and slayed his brother" who's name is Hable, which means "Arrogant" in "the field".

The Hebrews retain this name from Eber which means "the other side", the beginning from the end. They are the Pharoh, and the KrsT, where it is spiritually called EGypt where your Lord was Cruxified. or STorous which means Speared.

Anyway, Cain and Able are going to the offering, not been.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Jack, great a universal trasnlator eh, way to take all the wind out of my sails!!!! Hey, I came accross in interesting post you made in the NWO forum...I infered from that, something that adds to this...so we are coming to one language because the Evil one wants us too, ya think that is so when armeggedon comes, and the worlds leaders try to stand against him, they will think they have a chance? Its like miss-information, if we know it all and we are all powerful, who could possibly defeat us?
Dang for as smart as we become, we sure are dumb
[edit on 14-2-2009 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

If I sit and think about it I always go back to the same thought process that raises more questions. I am going to paste part of that post from nwo in here.

I may be wrong by driving in this direction but who knows. The question was the origin of the nwo theory. We all but know for a fact there is an ongoing agenda. The monetary system is but a part of a bigger answer, to me anyway. Think of how far the human race has come. We are on the verge of the unifying theory of everything. We have computers capable of comprehending and analyzing all of the required data to accomplish this task.

"An intellect which at a certain moment would know all forces that set nature in motion, and all positions of all items of which nature is composed, if this intellect were also vast enough to submit these data to analysis, it would embrace in a single formula the movements of the greatest bodies of the universe and those of the tiniest atom; for such an intellect nothing would be uncertain and the future just like the past would be present before its eyes.
en.wikipedia.org..."

I can almost see us driven to accomplish more and more. The closer we get the clearer the agenda becomes. Have we been driven to discover greater and greater things to appease someone or something elses need for knowlege? The one world government thing is a given as well. It is part of the agenda. It happened at one time as recorded in the Bible.

Genesis 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

So yes I do believe we are going to accomplish great things that are going to lead us to believe that nothing could stop us. This agenda is pushed forward by science and technology but at the very heart of it I believe is something far more sinister.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

I will U2U
and you have no need to be sorry. I took no offence, as I did not see any intended.

Here is another very interesting link explaining Time Wave Zero in text form.....an interview with Art Bell from 1997:

www.hermetic.ch...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

We have had the ability to destroy the earth since the early hours of July 16, 1945. Less than one month later, 80,000 people in Japan ceased to exist.

What lies ahead will be bad news for some, and good news for others, but man will never be allowed to destroy the earth.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

And could it be that mankind was not ready to do at Babel what God intended for mankind to do now.....in our lifetime?

<< 1    3 >>

join