It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Octuplets' mother receives public assistance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Octuplets' mother receives public assistance

latimesblogs.latimes.com

Nadya Suleman, the woman who gave birth to octuplets last month, is receiving $490 a month in food stamps, and three of her first six children are disabled and receiving federal assistance, her publicist confirmed to The Times.

Publicist Michael Furtney confirmed the information after two sources told The Times that Suleman was receiving food stamps and federal supplemental security income.

Suleman had told NBC News correspondent Ann Curry in an interview that she was not receiving welfare. Furtney said Suleman didn't consider the food stamps and SSI to be welfare.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It seems Octo-mom also has problems with the truth. THREE of her first six are disabled. Shouldn't this woman be prevented from having more? Especially since she can't support those she already has?

So three of the children get disability payments in addition to the food stamps, and she has been claiming disability for herself over the past seven years for an "accident" that has left her unable to do anything but breed?

"Furtney declined to say what kinds of disabilities the three children have. Nadya Suleman told NBC that she was struggling financially to support her six children before the birth of her octuplets, but that she knows she will be able to support them, especially after she earns her master’s degree in counseling."

And when I win the lottery I am going to marry Ben Affleck!

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
First of all--I knew it.

Second, 3 are disabled now? In what way? Sad, this does not bode well for the 8 that were just born, it seems that even if they weren't born premature they got the short end of genetic roulette.

If I were the "friend" she used as a sperm doner, I'd be talking to a lawyer to sue the crap out of this lady.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
so... darwin was wrong?

why is it only humanity where the worst of our species breeds, and the best cannot keep up?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
so... darwin was wrong?

why is it only humanity where the worst of our species breeds, and the best cannot keep up?

I don't think Darwin anticipater IVF

Or public assitance, if she didn't have that the "HOly crap I have 14 babies!" moment would come a lot sooner.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
At least my grandmother had the decency to have her 15 kids one at a time and spaced over about 30 years. I would go insane if I had 14 kids all under the age of 6 or 7.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

so... darwin was wrong?

I wouldn't worry about the evolutionary issue.

For Darwin to be wrong, her children and grandchildren would have to be successful reproductively. Maybe in 20 years they'll prove me wrong, but I wouldn't put money on any of them reproducing successfully, much less outreproducing other humans.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm a staunch supporter of individuals rights, but things like this really make me think that population controls should be put in place... Is there even a father in the house or "significant other"? IVF for single mothers with 3 kids and no way to support them much less the additional ones she wants should not be allowed...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This scumbucket is fast becoming the most hated woman in america. You have to wonder if the bankers hired her to do this and distract us from the financial mess.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
All of these kids share a disabillity, a really horribly selfish excuse for a human being for a "mother." I'm no psychologist, but if I had to wager a bet on what was happening here, I'd bet that the woman has spent her entire life searching for unconditional love and has an overwhelming desire to feel "needed" by people. If that's the case, she should have done what women in her situation did before artificial insemination became mainstream, that being adopt several dozen cats and make the news years later when the health inspectors condemn her dwelling due to animal infestation and squalid living conditions. Unfortunately, now technology has given us all the joy of allowing people like this the abillity to produce actual human lives to share their hellish world with.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

so... darwin was wrong?

Because; unfortunately, the process of natural elimination isn't allowed in humans...and it's illegal to kill the ones that shouldn't reproduce; thread being example.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Im not even going to state what I think about this, because it has all pretty much been said in here.

What I do find interesting in this whole article is this...

"but that she knows she will be able to support them, especially after she earns her masters degree in counseling"

Are you kidding me? Counseling? I am dumbfounded right now. How can a woman like this counsel anyone? When you go to court because of something stupid or not, and they tell you "you must go seek counseling"...
I pray to god that it wont be with this woman. This woman has no right if you ask me, to pursue a career in that field, her very life contradicts such a pursuit. blah. blah. blah.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Go see Idiocracy. It's explained in the opening sequence.

reply to post by Common Good

Originally posted by Common Good
Im not even going to state what I think about this, because it has all pretty much been said in here.

What I do find interesting in this whole article is this...

"but that she knows she will be able to support them, especially after she earns her masters degree in counseling"

This whole thing is clearly a scam, that's why.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It’s so good see so many responding just as planned to our little psyop. Soon the majority will be more than willing to accept legal limits on the number of children allowed. This is working much better than sending out mind control victims to shoot up schools in order to make gun control popular.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Certainly a nice present for Darwin's 200th birth anniversary... hell, if he were around today he would not only have put forth the theory of evolution for the past of the human race, but he would predict the future devolution of our species.

Call me a fascist if you want, but I firmly believe this woman should be sterilized.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Taxpayers are already footing part of the bill for a situation he helped create. Suleman receives $490 a month in food stamps, and three of her first six children are disabled and receiving federal benefits. Moreover, Kaiser Permanente Hospital in suburban Bellflower has asked California’s health plan for the poor to cover the cost for the eight premature infants in its care, according to multiple sources familiar with the case.

Chronicle

Now really don't think this woman is either delusional or on welfare - let's hear it from the horses hindquarters.

In Nadya’s view, the money that she gets from the food stamp program ... and the resources disabilities payments she gets for her three children are not welfare,” Furtney said. “They are part of programs designed to help people with need, and she does not see that as welfare.”

The taxpayers are going to be paying for these children for the next 60 plus years. BUT on the upside we have made one delusional woman really really happy!

And then there is Dr Kamrava the Evil Professor in this story :

"Kamrava declined comment Monday.

This is not the first time he has faced controversy. At least two former employees have sued him, including Shirin Afshar, an office administrator who alleged that Kamrava engaged in insurance and tax fraud. She also said he routinely asked her to participate in medical procedures even though she was not licensed to do so.

The suit said Kamrava required patients to pay their bills in cash, which was then put in an envelope and given to Kamrava’s wife, who “never entered the payment into the computer and never deposited the payment in the bank” so that Kamrava could avoid paying income tax on the money. The clinic kept two sets of books, one for insurance payments and one for cash payments, the lawsuit alleged."

[edit on 10-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Crazy lady should have her children taken away from her. Why? Because there is no chance for those kids to have even close to a normal upbringing. I'm sorry, a councellor? They don't make any money and she wants to support 14 kids on that? And she wants to try to have one more girl? almost as insane as that duggart clan.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by secretstash

He, he, tell me about it, my father was the first born of 14 children but they were from three different mothers.

My grandfather knew how to proliferate and he took care off all of them and it was not social programs back then, my father is 76 now.

This woman found a way to leach the system at the expenses of tax payer.

Ex

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am having a very hard time with this whole issue.
I ask myself.....

1) Who has the right to bear this many children

2)Who has the right to STOP someone from bearing this many children?

3)How will she ever care for these children with any degree of
competency?

4)Is IV fertilization monitored in anyway?

5)How much will it really cost to raise them to adulthood?

6) Does she have the right to do this again?

7) Do the IV doctors have the right to put science above the human cost of this escapade?

8) Is she even legally , or psycologically able to ever take all of these children home?

9)Who pays the hospital and full time social worker that must monitor
these children?

10) Is this woman even sane?

Questions.....Lots of Questions

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think that it's important for all those " Coochee coo coo it's a baby people" to start seeing what is happening here. This is not one of God's great miracles. This is a woman whose biggest gripe against life is that she was an only child. From that point out she can justify all her other delusions. How long will it take her to see these 8 not as new babies but as children and to start looking for another litter? When addressing the marvel or miracle of the octuplets it is important to see that in fact they aren't one fertilised ovum that split into 8? They are 8 siblings who just happen to share the same birthday because their mother chose to see if she could repopulate the world on her own. She was Eve and her genes were so important to the survival of mankind that she had to bring forth 14 little Nadya Sulemans. They would be worshipped and supported by all of mankind.

I think if she loved these children she would give them up for adoption because with this woman as their guide in life their future can hold very little good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join